Something About Nothing............ #14

Schumi
How many more days before the 3 of you will be back at your second home?

Don’t forget the sunscreen as it’s lizard weather now in the south.

9 more sleeps mac till we leave for the overnight at the airport!

Yes, the Queen Lizard will return.......my friend J made this for me....there`s another one that says accept no imitations.....but the lizard is making a rude gesture!!!

cv78-S.jpg

lol.....I`ll keep that crown easily.....👑

Good Wednesday morning everyone :wave:

View attachment 754439

View attachment 754436

View attachment 754440

Sorry to hear of your friends passing. Passing quietly in sleep is a merciful way to go. The loss of a spouse is heart breaking though at any age.

Good to hear she has found a dress.

Thank you Carole. We all want our children and grandchildren to be happy no matter what they choose as a profession.

I remember you saying that Kyle moved from Chemical Engineering to Finance. He sounds like he has found his passion and is very good at it. I know you both are very proud of him. I was glad to hear Kyle is coming for vacation with you all. It is always nice to have quality time with your children just to chill and enjoy each others company.

Sorry to hear of your pooches accident. Hope he recovers ok without issue.

Wow that is an accomplishment. Running over 6 miles is not easy. Congratulations to them both.

Sounds like a proud mom enjoying some time with her boys. A prime rib dinner sounds fantastic.

Thank you Janet. Yes, Rugby is a rough sport.

Mac I hope Mr Mac apologized for hurting your feelings.

We went to see grandsons Rugby game on Saturday. I have a hard time watching those games, but want to be supportive. It is a rough sport for sure.

We are supposed to have 80 degree days for the next couple of days then the weather is going to drop into the low 60’s.

I have a few things I want to get done in the yard today.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone doing whatever makes you happy.

View attachment 754437

Glad you`re doing good Robbie.....

Hi Everyone:

Just got back from our trip to beautiful Tennessee! I will write more later when I recover from our long, long, stressful drive back.
We drove 12 hours yesterday, and 7 hours today. Today should have taken only 5 hours, but we ran into some very heavy rain and wind in Wisconsin. We were thankful that it didn't turn into ice or snow!

So, I am worn out, but will write more tomorrow, I hope.

It is good to be back home, even though we had a wonderful warm time!

And you`re home safely Ruth. Glad to hear it was a big success, look forward to hearing all about it.

Hey all, it’s Thursday and I may be thirsty later

Carole’s probably out combing the beach, lucky ducky

Oh Ruth that sort of drive home is the worst

Robbie yikes another flub for mr musk. Lost count, has to get it right sooner or later

Pumpkin by default, nascar usually appears on tube on sundays in season here. Gives me free time lol. My fav part is watching the pit crews do their magic.

Overexposure to racing via professional association years ago with a gent that owns a racing team now. It was nonstop talk of it, annoying to point I wound up seeking another career path. a win as it all worked out for the best…as life is wont to do lol

Yes, thankfully! Family member had medical emergency later that night. Things handled well there tho & regrouping nicely.

Cleared out both my residual Stress & main clothes closet yesterday. :banana: Nine garbage bags full, seven donated. Now my favorite pieces can breathe in there.

That stinks. :flower3: Repeat after me
View attachment 754745

View attachment 754749

Glad things are better with the family!!

And a good clearout of closets is good for the soul.....I do like the thought of our favourite clothes being able to breathe!! I must admit I am loving our new closets for the extra space I was told I didn`t really need......lol......

Yep, spent a lot of the last few days down by the beach, such gorgeous weather if a little chilly, but some lovely walks with Tom, Kyle and friends over the last few days.

At the risk of setting off a chain reaction.......😉

i-GdT55Lc-M.jpg

Stunning sunrise as it should be, over the sea with beautiful scenery.......very early this morning.

Hope all are good.

cv71-M.jpg

cv72-S.jpg

😊

9 more sleeps mac till we leave for the overnight at the airport!

Yes, the Queen Lizard will return.......my friend J made this for me....there`s another one that says accept no imitations.....but the lizard is making a rude gesture!!!

cv78-S.jpg

lol.....I`ll keep that crown easily.....👑

Glad you`re doing good Robbie.....

And you`re home safely Ruth. Glad to hear it was a big success, look forward to hearing all about it.

Glad things are better with the family!!

And a good clearout of closets is good for the soul.....I do like the thought of our favourite clothes being able to breathe!! I must admit I am loving our new closets for the extra space I was told I didn`t really need......lol......

Yep, spent a lot of the last few days down by the beach, such gorgeous weather if a little chilly, but some lovely walks with Tom, Kyle and friends over the last few days.

At the risk of setting off a chain reaction.......😉

i-GdT55Lc-M.jpg

Stunning sunrise as it should be, over the sea with beautiful scenery.......very early this morning.

Hope all are good.

cv71-M.jpg

cv72-S.jpg

😊
Darn, Carole, I was going to post my sunset photo!!! Oh well, next time, LOL.

We had a wonderful time in Tennessee with family and friends. The weather was beautiful, warm and sunny. We ate out a lot at our favorite restaurants that we missed up here in Mn. They have really nice restaurants in this area and I don't think we missed too many:) We enjoyed relaxing on their front porch with it's hanging flower pots and ferns - nice to see flowers again! I took a lot of walks through their woods with my brother who walks his dog about 7 times a day!!! I found out that I am really out of shape because my hips got sore in a few days of walking several times a day, but it was fun to do. We got our "dog" fix with my brothers golden retriever mix dog who is just a big lovable, huggable baby:) I really miss our dog and spent a lot of time spoiling his dog! It was nice spending a day with a very good friend who is going through some hard times right now. It was great to see her.

I do know that we will fly the next time! The trip down wasn't too bad, but our return trip was not. We had a lot of traffic and bad weather which was scary to drive through (although Roger drives most of the time). I was really glad to see our house, and to see that most of the snow is gone!!! But, we are under another snow alert for tonight of up to 3 inches or more. It seems April just continues with this cold snowy weather.

I love your photos of the beach and sunsets:) I can't believe your trip is coming up so soon! I'm so happy for you guys and know you will have a great time.

I haven't unpacked my "massive" suitcase yet. Why did I bring so many clothes? But I always overpack and can't seem to help it.

It's good to be back:)

ruth

Darn, Carole, I was going to post my sunset photo!!! Oh well, next time, LOL.

We had a wonderful time in Tennessee with family and friends. The weather was beautiful, warm and sunny. We ate out a lot at our favorite restaurants that we missed up here in Mn. They have really nice restaurants in this area and I don't think we missed too many:) We enjoyed relaxing on their front porch with it's hanging flower pots and ferns - nice to see flowers again! I took a lot of walks through their woods with my brother who walks his dog about 7 times a day!!! I found out that I am really out of shape because my hips got sore in a few days of walking several times a day, but it was fun to do. We got our "dog" fix with my brothers golden retriever mix dog who is just a big lovable, huggable baby:) I really miss our dog and spent a lot of time spoiling his dog! It was nice spending a day with a very good friend who is going through some hard times right now. It was great to see her.

I do know that we will fly the next time! The trip down wasn't too bad, but our return trip was not. We had a lot of traffic and bad weather which was scary to drive through (although Roger drives most of the time). I was really glad to see our house, and to see that most of the snow is gone!!! But, we are under another snow alert for tonight of up to 3 inches or more. It seems April just continues with this cold snowy weather.

I love your photos of the beach and sunsets:) I can't believe your trip is coming up so soon! I'm so happy for you guys and know you will have a great time.

I haven't unpacked my "massive" suitcase yet. Why did I bring so many clothes? But I always overpack and can't seem to help it.

It's good to be back:)

ruth

You`re very naughty......lol.....

Overpackers of the world unite!!! I`d rather have too many clothes and not need them, that`s my argument and I`m sticking to it!!! We all need pretty clothes to change into....

Your trip sounds lovely. Spending time with your brother in the sunshine, sitting on a porch (I have porch envy) with flowers, sunshine and cuddly dogs sounds wonderful. And glad you caught up with your friend, she`d have loved your time together and enjoying restaurants is certainly a lot of fun.

Sometimes the journey is not the most pleasant part of a trip, but it`s worth it. And glad most of your snow is gone....finally!!

Yes, it`s just around the corner now.......and thank you, I`m glad you like my pictures, they are so scenic even if I say so myself...... 😉

Take your time getting unpacked and we`ll catch up properly soon.......glad to have you back here again.....:wave2:

We have booked for a nice resort with them in Majorca
Hey there. Have fun camping In your caravan. Majorca, isn’t that where they make the lovely pottery pieces? Have a few older serving pieces of Majolica, lovely vivid green & blues.
We ate out a lot at our favorite restaurants that we missed up here in Mn
Nothing wrong with a splurge on that down home, southern cooking. After a few days of the fried everything (especially seafood) in Myrtle Beach, I tend to feel as though I have lead in my stomach tho lol

Lynne not sure if interested in doing MNSSHP this year, the info is out. A nice way to get into the park for some entertainment and lower ride wait times. Tron will still be virtual wait for that.

Haven’t decided if sneaking over to do it next week, thinking no. Just not my cuppa the way you lay forward on it. Did that once on a coaster (Superman?) at Geuaga Lake/Cedar Point once, felt sick the rest of the day…probably motion sickness from looking down at the ground The whole time.

Hey there. Have fun camping In your caravan. Majorca, isn’t that where they make the lovely pottery pieces? Have a few older serving pieces of Majolica, lovely vivid green & blues.

Nothing wrong with a splurge on that down home, southern cooking. After a few days of the fried everything (especially seafood) in Myrtle Beach, I tend to feel as though I have lead in my stomach tho lol

Lynne not sure if interested in doing MNSSHP this year, the info is out. A nice way to get into the park for some entertainment and lower ride wait times. Tron will still be virtual wait for that.

Haven’t decided if sneaking over to do it next week, thinking no. Just not my cuppa the way you lay forward on it. Did that once on a coaster (Superman?) at Geuaga Lake/Cedar Point once, felt sick the rest of the day…probably motion sickness from looking down at the ground The whole time.

That ride doesn`t appeal to me for that reason either, not good for folks with even the tiniest of issues feeling off with certain rides. Not that I`m planning to visit Disney anyway so maybe a "moo" point as Joey would say.

You`ll have a wonderful visit to Universal for the Farewell to Poseidon trip......oh you should do a TR on it!!! ::yes::

National Tea Drinking Day here today......there was an American on our radio this morning telling us how you don`t get a decent cup of real tea in America and how much he enjoys drinking tea when he visits the UK, apparently Australia, New Zealand and India are the only other places to enjoy a good tea. So, I will join in of course with my morning freshly brewed pot of tea. Like a lot of Brits, we are very fussy about our tea.

Much as though we love America, there`s nothing like that first cup of tea when we get back home!!

cv3-Th.jpg

Rapid unscheduled disassembly.....love their terminology!!

Enjoyed watching the Starship launch yesterday, not the disaster the press are claiming. Their main goal was for it to clear the tower and they managed that with a behemoth of a rocket. The plan was for it to reach 90 miles above the earth then re-enter, but they experienced multiple engine outs, you could see them falling and part of the problem was they all fell from one side, but their real goal yesterday was not to blow up the launch pad, that`s what would delay the next attemps.

They already have several lined up ready to replace this one, gotta love Mr Musk!!

Also online, watched the opening ceremony of the Brightline train service from MCO yesterday, that looks like something that`s going to be a bug success. I like the look of those trains.

We have a dull and grey Friday morning here and a little bit of a wind which feels quite cool, so no walking this morning I think, but we do have some things to get on with so, we`ll have a busy day regardless.

Rain is forecast for this afternoon and maybe next few days, so I doubt we`ll be out much walking, we did bring our suitcases down from the attic a few days ago, not that we`ll pack till next Friday anyway, but one of my friends made us laugh as she was horrified at our luggage.....it probably could do with being updated, but they get so damaged it`s not worth it really spending a fortune as she does on luggage. Beaten and battered luggage is a sign of a good traveller in our book, she has a different view of course, but her face was a picture when saw ours.....lol......

We should get an email next week to choose our meals on the plane, I do quite like doing that, although the 3 main meals are not overly inspiring, one is a chicken pie rather unusually, but folks that have had it say it`s quite decent. I might go for the other non vegetarian dish whatever it is, I think it`s pulled pork. They do keep us constantly amused with plenty of food and drink options on the plane, it does help pass the time too.

But, tonight for us, dinner is spicy Thai red chicken curry, made the base last night and marinaded the chicken overnight, will make some coconut rice later. Toast with bacon for breakfast, and home made chicken noodle soup for lunch. Food sorted for the day.

Will take a tray up with a pot of tea soon for sleeping beauty who is enjoying a late sleep this morning, cuppa in bed.....nice.

cv67-S.jpg

cv77-S.jpg

cv4-Th.jpg

Have a wonderful Friday :sunny:

Woot, more like Summer Friday for me. Older one took off today, to follow me to drop off my car for inspection and service. Will be leaving soon.

Glorious weather. Sunshine and 81 degrees the high. Shorts and my flip flops. Yep, enjoy this kind of day. Time of year, wearing suntan lotion on my face and starting to wear a hat.

Ooh he’s ready. Have a most fabulous and fantastic Friday.

And yep, saw those Mickey party announcement, Keisha. May pop in, if military discount in August. Will just take a long weekend. Haven’t done the party since 2018. During my September stay? Maybe. Will see what discounts I can find.

Good morning. Time for a quick check in. We are now just 3 weeks away from commencement. B came home last weekend and we decorated the shoes that we are going to wear. Everyone says dress for comfort, so we are wearing sneakers.
This past week has been pretty quiet. Dh went to Vegas for a conference. His flight was delayed last night and it didn't get here until around midnight. I was trying to track his flight on the airline app. but it said that it left Charlotte at 10:57 and was due to arrive here at 11:31. Exactly how fast were they flying that plane? It generally takes about an hour to get from Charlotte to here. Unfortunately his suitcase did not make the flight. He will stop by the airport sometime today to pick it up.

Just as I stepped into the bathroom, older one comes into my bedroom, and calls my phone. He swears he heard someone say his name twice. Um, wasn’t DH or me. Said maybe dreaming. Or we have a friendly ghost? Maybe just a dream,
I have had that happen to me a few times. I thought I heard my mom calling me. I figure it had to have been a dream since she lived in a different state.

here was a discussion over a new truck dh found :rolleyes2 We either would need to buy extended warranty for our current one - or purchase a new one. Sooooooooooo, he is picking up his new truck tomorrow.
Congrats on the new truck. Dh hasn't driven his new car yet. He is going to keep driving the old one until he hands it over to B. The new car is sitting in the garage.

Just got back from our trip to beautiful Tennessee!
Welcome back. What part of Tennessee did you go to?

Hi all. Hope everyone is well. Not logged in for so long!
Good to see you RFF.

Also online, watched the opening ceremony of the Brightline train service from MCO yesterday, that looks like something that`s going to be a bug success. I like the look of those trains.
I just looked that up. That would have been a wonderful service to have back when we lived in Florida. We were about 3.5 hours from Orlando.

Time to go back to studying.

Good morning. Time for a quick check in. We are now just 3 weeks away from commencement. B came home last weekend and we decorated the shoes that we are going to wear. Everyone says dress for comfort, so we are wearing sneakers.
This past week has been pretty quiet. Dh went to Vegas for a conference. His flight was delayed last night and it didn't get here until around midnight. I was trying to track his flight on the airline app. but it said that it left Charlotte at 10:57 and was due to arrive here at 11:31. Exactly how fast were they flying that plane? It generally takes about an hour to get from Charlotte to here. Unfortunately his suitcase did not make the flight. He will stop by the airport sometime today to pick it up.

I have had that happen to me a few times. I thought I heard my mom calling me. I figure it had to have been a dream since she lived in a different state.

Congrats on the new truck. Dh hasn't driven his new car yet. He is going to keep driving the old one until he hands it over to B. The new car is sitting in the garage.

Welcome back. What part of Tennessee did you go to?

Good to see you RFF.

I just looked that up. That would have been a wonderful service to have back when we lived in Florida. We were about 3.5 hours from Orlando.

Time to go back to studying.

Nice you are getting organised for your daughters Graduation, is she getting excited for it now??

Yes, I think we might look to take a train journey from there one day, just to say we did it. I know several folks who are over the moon as it means they can visit home easier than flying and I think cheaper too.

Hi everybody! Just wanted to pop in and say a quick hello

Good grief!!! The ghost of Halloween past..:rotfl:.....

Good to see you RAPstar........hope you`re doing well......don`t be a stranger.

We are supposed to be having rain right now, we have brilliant sunshine and although it`s so darn cold, it`s quite pleasant with the doors open slightly. Potting up some new chives and rosemary......that`s my lot for gardening!!

I am enjoying taking in the aroma of the curry that`s been simmering away.......resisting taking a small taste!!

Hi Charade: Congratulations on your upcoming commencement. I know what an accomplishment that is:)

We went about 30 miles West of Nashville, Dickson, Tn. It used to be a small town, but is growing because they are 30 minutes from the city and people are leaving Nashville in droves. It takes people about an hour or two to get to Nashville from here if they are lucky. My friends say that if they have an appointment in Nashville, they leave the night before and get a room so they won't be late. But my brother lives out in a hilly, beautiful rural area.

Well, the shed is sitting, in huge boxes in the back yard. There goes the grass under it lol. In process of cleaning out the old shed. it’s a time capsule Of sorts. Have found at least 3 patio umbrellas and enough boogie boards & sand toys to outfit an army Of kids. Off to goodwill that will go.

trying a chicken piccata in the crock pot. brown it first in butt, then in it cooks for 3 hours. We shall see. Needed something quick and easy With today’s schedule

You`ll have a wonderful visit to Universal for the Farewell to Poseidon trip......oh you should do a TR on it!!! ::yes::
Lol I’ve started more than a few, even fewer finished. I leave that to the experts. Will bore yinz guys here with a pic or too :)
Hey you…hitting up HHN this year?

Hey you…hitting up HHN this year?
Unfortunately probably not, we heard our apartments aren't renewing leases for next year cause they're going to be demolished so we have to save to move just in case. But I'm doing an early birthday trip the beginning of June, mainly to see the tour of Into the Woods that's going on. It has several Broadway people I love in it.

All good for me
Glad you dropped in here!

It’s been a long time since you have been around
Are you still a fan of hhn?

Good Saturday morning.....

Heavy, heavy rain here today, so instead of getting up early, we both turned round and went back to sleep. I did open a window as there`s nothing nicer lying in bed, snuggled up with the rain bouncing down outside and going back to sleep.

Woke up two hours later and it`s still raining. No walking today.

I`ve no idea what we`re doing today, probably the first of many checks on passports and all documents we still need to take to prove Covid vaccinations are in place, that`s supposed to end soon so we won`t need it for the next trip. It doesn`t make sense Americans can come and go from the UK to the USA but as Brits, we all need to be double vaxxed to get in. We are of course, just can`t see the science there. And have a look to see if there`s anything we still have to buy for our trip.....anything non essential we can pick up there of course.

Think it`s going to be a John Wick marathon tonight and maybe a pizza...or Chinese, we`ll see what we feel like later.

Avocado, bacon on sourdough toast this morning and a new breakfast tea to try out, haven`t had that first pot yet, always look forward to that to start the day off.

cv86-M.jpg

cv80-M.jpg

Have a wonderful Saturday :sunny:

Woot! Schumi getting ready for her trip coming soon.

Yes, we have another rainy Saturday. And even though 52 and cloudy now, the AC was on last night. House felt warm as late evening it was, and so I think I heard one of the kids say, AC should be turned on. And now, the early morning, house feels a bit cool. But that’s okay, we get to the mid 70’s today. And more average temps next week. All week predicted to be around 60, with even a 58 in there. Sigh. Pants wearing week. And with rain, probably pants today. Shorts are now still in the drawer, but time of year, even some warmer clothes in there, the full winter clothes are taken out and put away, culled with a bag or two from family saying done wearing. And so Spring closet cleaning commencing.

And guess fitting it’s raining, as cousin memorial service day.

Thus, great to hear RAPstar is doing okay. Hope your switch in places goes to a nicer and cheaper place.

A super sized Stupendously happy Saturday to all. Get those umbrellas out. Rainy day for Schumi and me.

Looks like several of us have rain today. We are currently experiencing thunderstorms. Good thing I don’t have any outdoor plans today.

Hi RAPstar. Good to see you again.

Nice you are getting organised for your daughters Graduation, is she getting excited for it now??
I think she is, but even more excited for the Disney trip. I’ve planned a couple of things she doesn’t know about.

We went about 30 miles West of Nashville, Dickson, Tn.
I went to Nashville once many years ago. We like to visit Gatlinburg,TN.

Unfortunately probably not, we heard our apartments aren't renewing leases for next year cause they're going to be demolished so we have to save to move just in case.
What a pain. When will you know for sure?

Okay, time to get up and do something productive. Almost forgot, my sister has informed me that she and my niece will be arriving on May 9. Fortunately they have a hotel room for the first 2 nights and will only be staying with us for 2 nights. I’m a little annoyed because I had planned to take the 10th off work so I could clean the house.

On a more positive note, I found this pin on the Shop Disney website and purchased 2 for me and B.

B434B9A1-27E5-4E0D-B3CD-0AF518FE04B5.jpeg

Wow...I blinked and it was Saturday! It is bright sunny but cool Saturday here. No record breaking temps hitting here yet.

It's my first full weekend off since before March. And I'm sitting with my coffee enjoying a leisurely Saturday morning. I have a few things I want to do this weekend, but trying to NOT do too much. I am trying to keep it a leisurely weekend. A little cleaning/tidying. I need to color the sparkles in my hair - REALLY need to do that ;). As long as a few other things as well. I am hoping to fit in a little baking as well. I have my sourdough starter out and already rising to be made into yummy somethings.

Dh picked up his new truck and is happy with it. He has had to work with the dealership over a few minor issues with it. He knows his OCD is on overdrive with it right now...so OMG :scratchin I'm ready for the " truck saga" is be done lol. But he's happy so that's all that matters at the end of the day!

I just wanted to pop in and say hi!

Have a great day everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter