Something About Nothing............ #14

Very quick lunch is over.......I wanted to grab one of them before we left as I won`t see her now till the end of June as our vacations overlap.

It was nice, grabbed a quick sandwich, some tea, quick chat and headed home as she was going back to her office.

Gorgeous day but so cold out of the sunshine.........

Going to bake some bread to go with smoked salmon and shrimp we`re going to have for dinner, I have a load of rosemary and garlic, so will make a foccacia I think......

Tea first though......:)

Hoping Keisha has a lovely flyaway trip down to say goodbye to Poseidon......I love that they just decided to go down for that!

Busy day in the end!!

Did get my rosemary bread baked and I baked 2 focaccias, when I went back through to the kitchen, someone who shall remain nameless, had pounced and half of one was gone.

i-8qxHw2c-S.jpg

Glad he enjoyed it.

Dinner was a mix of smoked salmon, large shrimp and some fresh crab with a little salad and some bread. It was lovely.

I am yawning my head off though, so I think it`ll be a very early night for me, some tv and bed!

Making a late night stop in!

A quick busy day at the healthcare job today. It was nice and quiet, with me working on a couple of tasks...then all of a sudden...bang! My nice leisurely day came to a grinding halt. Phones are ringing, texts coming in, case managers needing to talk about clients , clients cancelling appointments left and right :scared1: :faint: At least when I work on the weekend again, the office will be empty and hopefully I'll be able to do our normal weekend tasking. Back to the full-time job tomorrow. It is always nice to get back to the slower paced job.

I was hoping to get outside to go for a walk tonight. It is sooooooooo windy here, and that wind is FREEZING. It feels like snow. I'm sure if it rains - it will come down as snow.

Well, I just wanted to check in and see how everyone was today.

I hope everyone has a great and restful night. I'll leave a light on for anyone wandering in during the night.

images

Nice night light Pumpkin......

Sounds like a hectic day for you, yes a slower pace will be nice for now and the weekend too.

It`s weird with the weather, it is freezing here too, it won`t snow (I hope) but it`s bitter.....and it`s almost May!!! We have 35F this morning, which even for us at this time of year, it`s baltic!

Yes, sun is shining but it`s bitingly cold here.

Off out for the boob smash this morning, never fun but needs to be done, going to a different hospital today than usual but it`s closer to us so not so far to travel, not that it matters really, I`ll travel where I need to go.

After that, pick up a few things we need and then home. I do need to think about checking out toiletries and make sure we have everything we need till we get there.

Then not much going on today, going to make a quiche for tonight again, hopefully use the last of the eggs our farmer gave us! Our favourite quiche is leek, bacon and mushroom, so that`s what it`ll be with a little salad.

Last avocado on sourdough this morning and no lunch out today so it`ll be whatever we feel like.

Middle of the week again........have a good one....:)

cv76-S.gif

cv26-S.jpg

cv99-S.jpg

Hope your medical visit goes well, Schumi. Yes, a test women should do, even if it’s not the most comfortable.

We are thankfully three degrees warmer than yesterday’s morning. 40 degrees outside. And clouds are in the sky, though I still see ya moon. The warmest of the two days this week, with 64 the high. And early morning weather said some could see rain showers today. My phone says my chances are 30 percent. Bets placed. Hope I see no rain today.

But who do I see this morning?

IMG_1498.jpeg

Yay. Camel is here to remind all what day it is. Ah yes, we are in that mid week feeling day, where get over this hump feeling day, and you will wake up being it a Thursday , then a Friday. Woot! Two more days to be enjoying that Friday feeling.

And so, tea and still having that jacket to wear on my lunchtime walk. And pants too. But no need for a throw on my lap, house feels warm. Yeah, early last night I decided I was cold and bumped up the heat. I guess no one turned it down for the overnight. I didn’t care if it wasn’t cooler. Had a headache start towards the time I was getting ready for bed. Took some stronger medicine than I usually use, to knock me out. And it did. I must have had a good night sleep, and the medicine worked. Headache gone, and back to that week day routine. Woke up just before the alarm went off. And, even if it’s not as cool inside, that hot tea is just my enjoyment every morning.

Pumpkin, glad to hear you are doing okay, even with what became a busy work afternoon. At least for us, as we get less than a week away from the start of May, our snow chances are pretty much none. Hope you get rain. Though a cold rain is no fun either. Hope tea or some Timmy tea or coffee today.

Robo, hope you and family are doing well, and you get to enjoy some coffee in your HHN mug.

With all the fun of 6 months from that Fall spooky holiday, I decided to order a headless horseman shirt the other day. It came last night. I like it. So you may see me wearing it on my Fall trip. Even if it’s that other park’s character.

Back to my routine screen, so a wish to all to have a most Wonderful Wednesday. Hehe, a Whopper day discount day of one of those fast food places. Other than DH, who will eat almost anything. Our family has not been at that fast food place in many years. Ever since my kids decided they wanted a good burger, when a preteen, so we stopped going to those fast food burger places. We did frequent them when the kids were younger. As by the time after early dinner time start of practice and games, and I always got home so late, we were all hungry when those practices and games ended, and nothing was open but those fast food places.

Ooh more tea for me. Have a good morning too.

Peek-a-boo
89366593-04E9-44FA-AF93-C24FCABEBF93.jpeg
Adventure is nice & relaxing, a bit sterile for my liking for lack of a better term. Suits it’s purpose for quickie get away

Carole thank you for the send off:wave2: not long for you. PS careful, the uv factor is killer. I turned pink under the luncheon umbrella yesterday. Never had that happen, rarely use it on park days at all. Quickly slathered on sun screen before the park

Everything was walk on, it’s 💀 here. Hotel a 👻 town.

Poseidon run thru was awesome, enthusiastic fans there took it over the top lol. Will do it again a time or two before we leave. Getting ready to visit this guy

:earboy2:

Lunch yesterday at harbor seafood out in industrial area. YUM

43E3D9F5-3DBF-4464-BA2B-7425A07FAB0E.jpeg

Urban pantry was fine, a bit expensive for food court sort of portions

EE0E856A-2968-4F1D-8A8C-652B4947439F.jpeg
28975490-724B-4514-9606-AD037A6EB762.jpeg

Peek-a-boo
View attachment 756272
Adventure is nice & relaxing, a bit sterile for my liking for lack of a better term. Suits it’s purpose for quickie get away

Carole thank you for the send off:wave2: not long for you. PS careful, the uv factor is killer. I turned pink under the luncheon umbrella yesterday. Never had that happen, rarely use it on park days at all. Quickly slathered on sun screen before the park

Poseidon run thru was awesome, enthusiastic fans there took it over the top lol. Will do it again a time or two before we leave. Getting ready to visit this guy

:earboy2:

Lunch yesterday at harbor seafood out in industrial area. YUM

View attachment 756271

Urban pantry was fine, a bit expensive for food court sort of portions

View attachment 756273
View attachment 756274

Looking good Ms Janet!!!

Yes, we’ll buy our sunscreen once we get there, first job!

Glad you‘re having a good time and enjoyed Poseidon…..I think everyone will want to make the most of the last couple of weeks and “give it laldy”……very Scottish expression lol……

I’d read it was quiet from another board, hope it stays that way!

Yes, not a fan of Urban Pantry, but like the look of the seafood place you ventured off to…….:listen:

Have fun at the park and enjoy dinner tonight…….:wave2:

And hope our lovely @Worfiedoodles and her mister also having a lovely time at Universal……:)

Turned out a little warmer than we thought, not warm in any way, but warmer.

Washing is on the line and will dry in this sunshine, had a light lunch of open sandwiches with turkey and salad. Made the pastry for the quiche tonight, looking forward to that.

Off to call some friends, do a few little jobs and generally potter around…..lazyish afternoon ahead.

Woot! Looking good there Keisha and her DH. Yeah, I buy suntan lotion there when I first arrive. Put it on as soon as I get ready for outside. Never stayed at Adventura, but hey for a quick trip, seems like a deal to me. Little one liked the wok place there. We walked over one day while staying at SF. Yay for low crowds and last days of that show. I am thinking but probably after it closes. Have credits to use by end of next month.

Loser in the rain bet already. Light rain started falling a few minutes ago. I got a little wet, but back for some lunch. Grilled cheese, as easy and leftover cheese pieces used. That and we bought kosher pickles the other day. Perfect combo in my book.

Bright out now.

lol......I almost never notice dates on emails and things, but I think maybe I`d notice a date like that.

Glad you`re about done with work and can look forward to both graduations!

That was our mantra 3 years ago when the travel ban came into place. Keep planning, move the flights and so on.....it was the best way for us for sure.

Another cold and chilly start here this morning we have a real feel of 28F, but the sun is shining which is quite deceiving as you gaze out of the windows, it looks as if it should be warm.....it really isn`t.

Heading out to do a little shopping this morning, we don`t really need much food wise but I do need to get some birthday cards and gifts for folks when we`re away. I don`t have too many to get, one nephew, 2 cousins and 2 friends, some are just cards but two friends I will get gifts for them, nephew is just a gift card in with the birthday card.

Haven`t decided what`s for dinner tonight yet, will pick something up when we`re out, I`m feeling smoked salmon and shrimp maybe. Make some bread and salad and we`re sorted, lunch is out again......but breakfast is avocado on sourdough with lots and lots of tea.

cv73-M.jpg

I just love your memes! I felt just like Kermit when we got back home last week and we had 6 inches of new snow !!!​
I almost turned around and went back south:) But now we are finally getting into Spring type weather. It will be upper 50 and 60's this week and warmer next! Most of our snow is gone in our yard, and even some periannuals are coming up and are Green! I don't know how they stand the winter, but they always pop up first thing and make me feel much better:) Another sure sign of Spring: Roger got our golf cart out and has started driving it around our property. I did some spring cleaning of my sewing room. I ended up with 2 large bags for the local charities, and I feel a lot better for doing it. I won't tell you how many years (yes, years) it has been since I did a deep cleaning of my studio.

Carole, you a vixen trying to keep your gift buying from your friends! I am surprised, LOL!

BTW, It's Getting Closer:)

cv64-S.jpg

cv61-S.jpg

Happy Tuesday :-)

It's that hump day feeling!!!! The camel has made an appearance again!

I had a busy morning, but now am looking for things for this afternoon. Trying to find some new organizational items to keep paperwork better organized at my desk here at the full-time job. It's time for some spring time cleaning and re-organizing.

Weather is still icky and gross. It's not as cold anymore, but overcast and trying to spit out a little rain here and there today. Forecast looks awesome for the weekend, but I'm sure that may change by then ;)

Tonight we have a date with SIL for her to do our taxes. Even though they are on strike here, we still need to get it done. Since most of it is done online, if you actually get money back - it will still be paid out. We usually get money back - as we live in a remote area - that gives extra tax money back for that reason.

Not sure that is on the menu tonight. I'm thinking spaghetti and meat sauce and salad. Quick and easy so we can get out of the house fast for our standing date with sil.

never fun but needs to be done, going to a different hospital today than usual but it`s closer to us so not so far to travel, not that it matters really, I`ll travel where I need to go.
As much as that appointment sucks, it sure is an important one. And quiche for dinner sounds delightful!
But who do I see this morning?
I hope your work day goes by quickly!

Yay!!! It's great to see you pop in on your extra little get away! That was exactly why I wanted this particular time to get going this year!!! I hope your luck continues!
Another sure sign of Spring: Roger got our golf cart out and has started driving it around our property. I did some spring cleaning of my sewing room. I ended up with 2 large bags for the local charities, and I feel a lot better for doing it. I won't tell you how many years (yes, years) it has been since I did a deep cleaning of my studio.
It always feels so good to get a good deep clean done.

Well, I should run and track down more paper work.

Have a great afternoon everyone!

Quick hello. Not much going on around here.

I booked Aventura for September. I thought about Cabana Bay, but decided Aventura might have less children. I would really like to stay at Sapphire Falls again, but the price wasn’t right.

Our pins arrived today.
81063031-CD2A-4102-8B6D-9E33E58132B4.jpeg
They are really cute and the hats move.

I’m off to write a stupid essay.

Yay for pins to come in so fast, Charade. Hope your essay doesn’t take too long.

Pumpkin, always good to get your taxes done. Ours are always due the third week in April.

Screen off and relaxing. Since it’s dollar dumpling Wednesday at that local dumpling and noodle (and salad) place we can walk to, what little one wants for an early dinner. Though we mostly drive, as can be lazy. Thus, I think she’s almost ready to phone order. I’m hungry.

Hope all have a wonderful evening.

So that’s where you are keisha !

Nothing like a quick last minute trip to say goodbye to Poseidon`s Fury!!! Yep, looks like a fun trip for them......

I almost turned around and went back south:) But now we are finally getting into Spring type weather. It will be upper 50 and 60's this week and warmer next! Most of our snow is gone in our yard, and even some periannuals are coming up and are Green! I don't know how they stand the winter, but they always pop up first thing and make me feel much better:) Another sure sign of Spring: Roger got our golf cart out and has started driving it around our property. I did some spring cleaning of my sewing room. I ended up with 2 large bags for the local charities, and I feel a lot better for doing it. I won't tell you how many years (yes, years) it has been since I did a deep cleaning of my studio.

Carole, you a vixen trying to keep your gift buying from your friends! I am surprised, LOL!

BTW, It's Getting Closer:)

lol....I do tease them I`m not going to shop, they don`t believe me.......

I love the idea of a golf cart!!!!

Your weather is picking up for sure, it`s so lovely to see the garden starting to bloom. It does feel good to have clear outs...makes more room for new stuff too.....lol.......

Yep, three more sleeps till we leave for the overnight at the airport hotel!!!

It's that hump day feeling!!!! The camel has made an appearance again!

I had a busy morning, but now am looking for things for this afternoon. Trying to find some new organizational items to keep paperwork better organized at my desk here at the full-time job. It's time for some spring time cleaning and re-organizing.

Weather is still icky and gross. It's not as cold anymore, but overcast and trying to spit out a little rain here and there today. Forecast looks awesome for the weekend, but I'm sure that may change by then ;)

Tonight we have a date with SIL for her to do our taxes. Even though they are on strike here, we still need to get it done. Since most of it is done online, if you actually get money back - it will still be paid out. We usually get money back - as we live in a remote area - that gives extra tax money back for that reason.

Not sure that is on the menu tonight. I'm thinking spaghetti and meat sauce and salad. Quick and easy so we can get out of the house fast for our standing date with sil.

As much as that appointment sucks, it sure is an important one. And quiche for dinner sounds delightful!

I hope your work day goes by quickly!

Yay!!! It's great to see you pop in on your extra little get away! That was exactly why I wanted this particular time to get going this year!!! I hope your luck continues!

It always feels so good to get a good deep clean done.

Well, I should run and track down more paper work.

Have a great afternoon everyone!

Glad your weather is improving......you wait a long time for those nicer days!!

Yes, I hate to hear of women who won`t go for a mammogram or any other health screening service for fear or just can`t be bothered. It was painless and over in a few minutes. The nurses are always so lovely, caring and considerate, bless them.

Have a good one Pumpkin.

Quick hello. Not much going on around here.

I booked Aventura for September. I thought about Cabana Bay, but decided Aventura might have less children. I would really like to stay at Sapphire Falls again, but the price wasn’t right.

Our pins arrived today.
View attachment 756431
They are really cute and the hats move.

I’m off to write a stupid essay.

Glad you got the pins and good luck with the essay.

Quiche was delicious, I should have taken a picture of it baked, it looked so good. I will next time I make one. It`s not just as cold here but it`s not remotely warm. Low 40`s tonight, but it`s been so lovely with the sunshine.

Managed to catch up with a few folks today, but generally had a lazy day doing little bits of everything.....dusting, laundry, cooking, calling friends and ironing.

Salon tomorrow morning, three hours or so of pampering, highlights take time but it`s worth it. Supposed to be going out for lunch but think we`ll give it a miss and come home, maybe even start packing a day early.

Bedtime here......hope everyone is doing good....... :-)

Short break. My essay needs to be 700-1100 words and I am currently at 599.

Yes, I hate to hear of women who won`t go for a mammogram or any other health screening service for fear or just can`t be bothered

I have never understood that. Yes, the screenings are uncomfortable, but much better than the alternative. There are a couple I had to start getting earlier than the recommended age due to my mother’s cancer history.

Dh is out late tonight, so I’m treating myself. Should probably wait until after the essay is done, but I want it now.

4CDC26FC-215D-4AA5-B523-E8087C9F502F.jpeg

Looking good Ms Janet!!!

Yes, we’ll buy our sunscreen once we get there, first job!

Glad you‘re having a good time and enjoyed Poseidon…..I think everyone will want to make the most of the last couple of weeks and “give it laldy”……very Scottish expression lol……

I’d read it was quiet from another board, hope it stays that way!

Yes, not a fan of Urban Pantry, but like the look of the seafood place you ventured off to…….:listen:

Have fun at the park and enjoy dinner tonight…….:wave2:

And hope our lovely @Worfiedoodles and her mister also having a lovely time at Universal……:)

Turned out a little warmer than we thought, not warm in any way, but warmer.

Washing is on the line and will dry in this sunshine, had a light lunch of open sandwiches with turkey and salad. Made the pastry for the quiche tonight, looking forward to that.

Off to call some friends, do a few little jobs and generally potter around…..lazyish afternoon ahead.
It is our last night and we have had a wonderful time! We are at HRH, and we rented a cabana today. It was so relaxing, a fantastic way to end a trip!

Short break. My essay needs to be 700-1100 words and I am currently at 599.

I have never understood that. Yes, the screenings are uncomfortable, but much better than the alternative. There are a couple I had to start getting earlier than the recommended age due to my mother’s cancer history.

Dh is out late tonight, so I’m treating myself. Should probably wait until after the essay is done, but I want it now.

View attachment 756469

Yes, those with family history should be extra vigilant and take advantage of every screening offered.

Hope you got the essay done.

It is our last night and we have had a wonderful time! We are at HRH, and we rented a cabana today. It was so relaxing, a fantastic way to end a trip!

Oh I`m so glad you got the Cabana and had such a wonderful trip......safe travels home today, will catch up before I leave....... :wave2:

Another sunny but chilly morning out there. House was lovely and cosy getting up as always, early breakfast as I`m off to the salon for highlights, cut, blow dry and then straightened......I really should go have lunch out with a new do!

Toast and marmalade for me this morning, making spicy cajun chicken tonight, just home made seasonings on chicken breasts and baked, will have salad and coleslaw with that, nice simple dinner.

Time for my usual pot of tea, I have a new Earl Grey to try, smells lovely when I opened the jar earlier, very scented tea.

Happy Thursday :-)

cv71-S.jpg

cv27-S.png

cv41-S.jpg

Ah a Thursday is here, and a commuting one for me. Seems rain is till around as phone said about 10 minutes ago, light rain in 18 minutes. So I guess I will be driving in a little rain. It’s overcast and another day off overnight in the mid 40’s, with it 46 degrees out. Woke up to hear a very loud vehicle go by not that long ago. Odd, but yeah there’s traffic 24 hours a day. And just heard the train whistle.

Jacket on, as it’s high of 62 this late afternoon, and I will wear it to and from.

So tea from a water in a bottle, but that’s okay. Gotta go.

Hope all enjoy a Thirsty Thursday. Enjoy a drink, as yay Worfie had a great time, relaxing in a cabana for last day, yay for Keisha to have low crowds, yay for Schumi’s trip coming up in a few days and getting salon time today, and a hope Charade finished not too late last night.

What a noisy plane. Sigh. Must be a early morning businesses like me,

Good morning. I finished the essay last night. All I have left now is one more essay and a research proposal. The essay isn’t due until March 12, but I am going to work on it this weekend. The research proposal is a work in progress. I just need feedback from my professor before I can complete it.

Now I must go to work and deal with insurance and billing.

Happy thirsty Thursday :flower1:

It's another cool morning - but hopefully the forecast is right and it will start to warm up here.

DH and sons left this morning for a weekend fishing trip north of here. There is a very small window when the fishing is great. They will be fly fishing for artic greyling if anyone is curious what they are going to catch. So it's an alone weekend for me. I have a small project I want to get done while they are gone - now to see if I have the energy to do it ;)

I'm thinking it will be toasted tomato sandwiches for supper tonight. Something light and easy.

ANNNNNDDDD it's lunch time!!!! I started this am 9 AM :blush: I got busy and forgot to post more

@schumigirl I hope your salon time was fabulous! It is always extra special feeling when the pampering happens before a vacation.

@Charade67 It sounds like your on a roll with your last few papers. Soon enough you will have them done and you will be on your vacation!

@Lynne G I hope your commute home is quick with dry roads.

Well I should run and do the errand I wanted to do over lunch today.

Have a great day everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter