Something About Nothing............ #14

Where are they? I was thinking of posting to the Orlando board since that’s the one most everyone reads.

Thanks for the warning. I do not like heights either. There is an 8 story escalator in the CNN center in Atlanta that I hate.

Was this the El Capitan? We saw Aladdin there the last time we were in Hollywood. This time it will be the live action Little Mermaid.

Today is another super slow day again. I’m going to go check the mail and see if we have any more payments I can post.

A few boards up. Under the Cruise board is the Disneyland Boards where the TR`s are too.

They do move TR`s if they aren`t on the correct boards, I remember one woman made a fuss when hers were moved from one board to another several years back, but they did end up in the right place as most of her trip was where they moved it to.

Been a gorgeous day, sun has gone now, but it`s still warm enough to be outside, but came in as I had a few calls to make. Now sitting down to a very decent pot of tea, something we didn`t get in America....not complaining though, they do most other things rather well. Just not tea.

Watching some tv tonight I think, definitely a lazy evening ahead. One of my friends asked if we wanted to head down to the beach and walk on the promenade, but we said no, not ready for that quite yet. We only live five minutes away from the shore, so we can go when the mood takes us. Maybe next week.

The sea is incredibly calm though looking at it, we have not a single breeze around us, might have been nice to walk, but maybe another night as the weather looks amazing going forward for a while.

:wave: To Robo, Charade, Lynne, Keisha, Mac and anyone I missed. Going out to Chipolte for lunch with daughter.
Tomorrow out with friends for lunch then movie (Guardians) and dinner with both daughters.

@schumigirl wow that’s way more generous than our limits. I only bring in hard alcohol too! Wine not worth it or beer for that matter.
I’m a chicken and play by the rules, because I have a Nexus card and don’t want it taken away!

We have GE but honestly, they really don`t care if folks go a little over the limit coming back in. They have bigger fish to fry.

Hey all.

RIP Tina Turner, a survivor & force of nature.

School shooting in one of the city schools here. Sad to realize it struck me as relative relief to learn only 1person died

Grabbed impromptu Dairy Queen blizzards on a whim when out grabbing an RX. Ice cream has miraculous restorative properties
Sue the plugs are great, as long as they don’t decide to work too well. Did keep the one in left eye. Right one not watering anywhere like it was. DH was teasing the whole vacation that I had sprung a leak. Glad I had waterproof eye makeup along for the ride
Longest it’s taken us to get over jet lag was a full week once, shouldn’t take a week this trip, I think by tomorrow I’ll be fine.
You are real troopers!
….I know my friends well. Bath & Body products and Tide Pens will be distributed as requested.
Nwahahaha
Sheraton right across from Universal, for a few nights
That’s where we stayed a few times. Nice and close, bit of a mini cardiac workout walking up that hill to park lol

Flying into BUR is a few min drive to U on surface road…sweet. Then we book an uber black to hit DL. Shuttle to SNA when time to leave.

Well, unless SWA isn’t offering NS. Then, we book spirit and grin & bear the traffic/longer ride
Thankfully I have found an older eye doctor that is very kind.
This new one is older than me. Was partner of my dr who retired and sold practice to hospital system. He wasn’t exactly endorsing the new double dipping appt process. He’s the only ophthalmologist there who still does surgery. No idea what they will do if he does retire. The practice was the best in area, took months to get an appt. Jury is out for me now that it’s no longer private practice

Thanks for the warning. I do not like heights either. There is an 8 story escalator in the CNN center in Atlanta that I hate.

Charade - UsH has a real doozie. I had to turn around and look backwards going down

Note the guy, a little half way thru video, pushing his way past others.

Yeah was at top of my news feed. Sad to read of Tina Turner. Interesting, her name is a stage name created by her abusive ex husband. So she went with it. Certainly a roll model for those who followed her in getting into music. A life well spent.

I did ride those escalators, and I do assume there is an elevator. My kids just got me to ride it. Hate the one in MCO that gets you from where enter at first floor to third floor. I always try to get someone to go before me to look at instead of looking up. I guess there is an elevator too, but never look for it there either. I guess I may try in September. Though hehe, little one said we could just go a long weekend before they close the tribute store. Maybe. Have to see flights and don’t care if we stay at CB. Pass for little one expires in August. So unless she really wants to join me in September, I guess all depends on how fast she gets a job, or may just let it expire. Just renewed mine in April, so I’m good, though really thinking to let it expire, and get a new one a year after the new park opens. That huge increase in pass prices has me thinking how much we could use that money on other, different trip. Like back to CA or a cruise.

Ah almost time for bed, as commuting to fight city traffic on the way home.

Light rain around, but not over us. Looks via weather radar, just East and North of us.

Hate the one in MCO that gets you from where enter at first floor to third floor. I always try to get someone to go before me to look at instead of looking up. I guess there is an elevator too,
Same! It’s a darn good thing they have the going down one split in sections There’s 2 elevators nearby, when there is a herd waiting it’s the escalator. Trickier still to lug a checked bag on it
Just renewed mine in April, so I’m good, though really thinking to let it expire, and get a new one a year after the new park opens. That huge increase in pass prices has me thinking how much we could use that money on other, different trip. Like back to CA or a cruise.
Mine’s up middle of Oct. the mr & jr end of sept. I may let them all go. thinking -after hhn 2023, we won’t likely be back till haunt season in 2024. Could just start them back up then. Might even just decide to stay & scream, depending on how many days we do that year’s HHN

Even tho I stagger our WDW APs, I do buy three of them & indiv tix for other family that crop up. $2,600+ isn’t chump change in this economy:headache:

JmHO Had mused the new U park might just have a standalone AP option. IoA & US’ APs keeping the status quo with current WP option.

A hefty priced combo option (for those who have deep pockets) to include all three parks/WP May be another option. Do think they would be wise to undercut WDW AP pricing.

Yeah don’t know what price will be though did have a survey, just saying Keisha. If cheaper to do Disney AP, though never had one, given always have used military ticket deal, maybe would switch parks? Sigh. Expensive no matter which you choose. Thank goodness we have SP near us, and their AP prices are so much better than any of the SW parks. And we have used them to go to SW and Aquatica and BGT, even SW in CA one year. Great deal and we do it every so often.

Bedtime for me. Good night all. Thirsty be for tomorrow. And fine with me, with tea water from a bottle.

Hey all.

RIP Tina Turner, a survivor & force of nature.

School shooting in one of the city schools here. Sad to realize it struck me as relative relief to learn only 1person died

Grabbed impromptu Dairy Queen blizzards on a whim when out grabbing an RX. Ice cream has miraculous restorative properties
Sue the plugs are great, as long as they don’t decide to work too well. Did keep the one in left eye. Right one not watering anywhere like it was. DH was teasing the whole vacation that I had sprung a leak. Glad I had waterproof eye makeup along for the ride

You are real troopers!

Nwahahaha

That’s where we stayed a few times. Nice and close, bit of a mini cardiac workout walking up that hill to park lol

Flying into BUR is a few min drive to U on surface road…sweet. Then we book an uber black to hit DL. Shuttle to SNA when time to leave.

Well, unless SWA isn’t offering NS. Then, we book spirit and grin & bear the traffic/longer ride

This new one is older than me. Was partner of my dr who retired and sold practice to hospital system. He wasn’t exactly endorsing the new double dipping appt process. He’s the only ophthalmologist there who still does surgery. No idea what they will do if he does retire. The practice was the best in area, took months to get an appt. Jury is out for me now that it’s no longer private practice

Charade - UsH has a real doozie. I had to turn around and look backwards going down

Note the guy, a little half way thru video, pushing his way past others.

Always sad to hear of any shooting, I know what you mean though when you think it was "only" one person. Very sad to hear all the same.

Tina was a force of nature, a well documented tough life, always admired her honesty, even at the end where she so regretted not taking convential medication. She taught mick Jagger to dance!! Weird fact.....

We try Janet......oh I had a miraculous moment where grape jelly vs tide pens intruiged an English lady in the Club Lounge at breakfast.......lol....the tide pen won!!!! I thought of you immediately....

I think jet lag is gone. Slept amazingly well last night and woke up feeling completely refreshed and ready to tackle the day.....not that we are doing anything today so when I say tackle the day, I really mean snack a lot , drink prosecco and upload all of our vacation pictures:rotfl:

Got some calls to make, but that`s about it for us.....no housework, no laundry.....zilch! So a day of just doing nothing together. Perfect!!

Going to get Thai takeout food tonight, so we`ll probably spend all day thinking about what we`ll order like two folks who have never ordered take out food before.......🥴

Farmer dropped in 30 eggs for us last night, so Eggs Royale for breakfast this morning, like Benedict but with smoked salmon instead, we prefer it to the Benedict dish. Lunch is going to be snacky stuff we bought as breakfast is rather filling.

thursday-meme100099.jpg

cv106-S.jpg

cv85-S.jpg

cv108-S.jpg

Happy Thursday :sunny:

Happy Thirsty Thursday indeed.

Commuting day. Nice that sunrise is so early now. Bright commute. But that car in front of me though. You can drive the posted limit speed. Sigh. Almost all single lanes. The few cars and city bus I see, plus a big dump truck today, make the ride just that few minutes longer than it should be. Though no contest when it comes to afternoon ride. School still in session, so the afternoon rush hour starts an hour earlier. City driving. To think I used to travel every week day. I do think stress and quality of life is better with a hybrid of telework and in person. Never thought that, or had that option before the virus time where no one came in. But now that I have it, I appreciate the fact you can work anywhere there is connectivity. And having more time with my day, not having to commute most days.

And so, that glorious sunshine ☀️ today. So bright out. And for some reason, I was thirsty when I got into my office. Remedied with a big cup of hot tea. Decided no jacket, so walk from car was like ooh a bit cool, maybe should have taken a jacket. But at least office feels only a little too cool. Jacket type lightweight sweater on my chair, ready if I want it. Tea mug is warm. Ahhh.

And so a most terrific Thirsty Thursday. Drink up, a good thing to do. And raise a toast, Friday is the day when you wake up tomorrow. Woot!

Holiday weekend coming up. Woot! The holiday every month or so, starts. Woot! Woot!

We try Janet......oh I had a miraculous moment where grape jelly vs tide pens intruiged an English lady in the Club Lounge at breakfast.......lol....the tide pen won!!!! I thought of you immediately....
Love it. Tide pen vs the world!

I feel the cat meme lol
Eggs Royale for breakfast this morning, like Benedict but with smoked salmon instead, we prefer it to the Benedict dish.
How have I missed this dish? Never thot of salmon & eggs cohabitating.

Will say, despite not being an avocado fan; discovered I do enjoy avocado toast. They had it every am on the cruise. Was seasoned differently vs the bland, runny sort I’ve sampled in past. Ate my share of the daily salmon topped varieties

Finally, watched the newest ant man movie. Strange, not in a good Dr Strange way. They way they have the Marvel universe set up, if you miss one; you will be somewhat lost. Looking forward to Loki 2 & Agatha/coven of chaos

Thinking on a raisin bagel & cream cheese for a late breakfast. Will be out till late afternoon with dr & shopping

Good day all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter