Something About Nothing............ #14

Ah, quiet house, and tea is tasty.

Enjoy your family visiting today, Julie. Nice weather, and is odd, no news of what you heard last night. Good news is no news, so hoping that it was nothing news worthy.

And so, bathing suit in bag, will stop at a grocery store before we arrive at my Dsis’s place. Told kids they better be up by 9 this morning. Though not that many people, I want to help get everything ready, and some stuff you like to make day of. We tend to have a early dinner, as all want to leave early in the evening. So, morning arrival for us, is what I am planning.

With that,
608015B6-BF0B-4161-84C2-FDD56657096D.jpeg ::yes::

Early start here today. I woke up at 6 and couldn't fall back asleep. So much for sleeping in on a Saturday.
It's chilly this morning! Only 56 when I got up. Brrrr...... I'm in the mood for comfort food when it gets colder. I'll make homemade mac and cheese later today.

I just saw a Disney holiday advertisement on tv! It's toooo early to think about Christmas!

Mckennarose...that is such devastating news. For all the families and friends. I hope that in the coming months/years that they will find some peace with it. Everyone has questions that will never be answered.
The kids are coming to terms with it. They're just waiting to hear the funeral plans. It is incredibly sad.
Tomorrow dh and I are headed to Busch Gardens for their food and wine event. I have already prepaid for "tasting cards" which will allow us a set number of food and wine samples
I hope you feel better and were able to go.
I usually don't drink in a hot tub as alcohol can really make me dizzy. A chocolate bar sounds right up my alley. I hope your soak did wonders.
Yes, we have to be careful in general with the hot tub, people underestimate how hot you get. I won't put a mini fridge or cooler near the hot tub for two reasons:
1. people will drink more and it can be dangerous.
2. PEE! Ugh!
My kids (except for the youngest who will be 21 in a few weeks) and their spouses/significant others are legal-age adults and will occasionally have a drink but not having any drink that close and convenient ensures they get out of the hot tub and go into the house for both a break and the bathroom.

Very strange - no update on what happened in town.
Maybe a suspected gas leak that wound up a false alarm?
Mine is quiet too. DD is at work already and hubby is at Lowes. Coffee here though, second cup already.
And so, bathing suit in bag, will stop at a grocery store before we arrive at my Dsis’s place.
Have a great day!
We did have a nice warm summer in PA, didn't we? I'm glad, since sometimes it can be chilly. I'm sad it's almost over.

Good evening everyone. I am not feeling so great right now. My stomach is bothering me again. I really hope it was just something I ate. I really don't want to have to cancel tomorrow's trip. Speaking of tomorrow, would someone please take care of the light? I don't know what time we will be checking into our hotel tomorrow night.

Tonight we will combine light and water.

View attachment 525358

Hope you feel better and have a lovely day at Busch......enjoy!

Enjoy your family visiting today, Julie. Nice weather, and is odd, no news of what you heard last night. Good news is no news, so hoping that it was nothing news worthy.

And so, bathing suit in bag, will stop at a grocery store before we arrive at my Dsis’s place. Told kids they better be up by 9 this morning. Though not that many people, I want to help get everything ready, and some stuff you like to make day of. We tend to have a early dinner, as all want to leave early in the evening. So, morning arrival for us, is what I am planning.

With that,
View attachment 525477 ::yes::

Tea is always nice at the start of the day......enjoy some pool time at your sisters.......

Early start here today. I woke up at 6 and couldn't fall back asleep. So much for sleeping in on a Saturday.
It's chilly this morning! Only 56 when I got up. Brrrr...... I'm in the mood for comfort food when it gets colder. I'll make homemade mac and cheese later today.

I just saw a Disney holiday advertisement on tv! It's toooo early to think about Christmas!

I always wake up early......it`s habit as I spent years doing Early shifts when I worked.....never leaves you.....but we are an early bird family anyway........even on days off Kyle is up at his usual 6am......but, would love to sleep till around 9am one morning....just once!

mac n cheese sounds lovely.....once that weather cools down I agree, comfort food is essential.....

Have a great weekend........and yes, too early for Christmas anywhere yet!

Yep, another early rise this morning.......early cup of tea while everyone else was still in bed.....Kyle was down just after 6 though.......I love our early morning chats though. Kitchen table`s were meant for that......

Then had a wander round our rather small village, doesn`t take long, drove to a friends house for a quick cup of tea, ended up staying longer of course......and back home for lunch. Had open sandwich with turkey, arugula and huge garden tomatoes....not from my garden, but my friends.

Hung out a load of washing when I came in......but, had to bring it in after half an hour or so, as it is blowing a hoolie outside.....most of it was dry as it`s quite warm too, so with the breeze most were almost dry.

I was wondering last night if we could build a greenhouse and grow our own tomatoes, Tom said we could just use the garden room as it has all glass anyway......er no 🤨.....would look far too untidy. We have the room to build a greenhouse, so will look into it. Our gardener would love it I`m sure.......and fresh tomatoes that we`ve grown would be lovely. All we grow apart from the fruit trees are some herbs and we have a bullet chilli plant......

Looking forward to dinner out tonight.......Kyle and Tom already know what they`re having, down to their sides....I`ll decide tonight. They do lovely steaks, so I may just go for that........we love this place, way out in the middle of nowhere, very traditional pub that does beautiful food......

cv59-M.jpg

cv22-Th.jpg

cv3%20%282%29-X2.jpg

Have a wonderful Saturday............::yes::

Me too, McK. Weather guy said would be a Fall day for us. Um, no, still summer temps, please. At least it was a very sunny start, even if cooler out. Hehe, I was up around 5 this morning. Yeah, always seem to be up early. Hope you get time to chill today, nap with this cool weather.

Schumi, enjoy the pub dinner. Sounds lush, and so nice to have a place that does a good steak.

Grilled burgers, bbq chicken and hotdogs are our main course for dinner. Enjoy it, when not the main cook. My one brother loves to grill. Yay.

Schumi enjoy your dinner.
Lynne hope your family day goes well.
Charade how are you feeling?
Mac I’m always an early riser too.

Update on the incident in town is that emergency services are not providing any details as it was a tragic event concerning one young man who had attempted suicide jumping from scaffolding on a renovation site - but he landed on another roof and they had great trouble reaching him to retrieve him. Awful for all concerned.

We are all ready and waiting for the family to arrive - the scones and clotted cream are calling.

Weather is still beautiful so some may want to sit out.

Julie, that is awful news. Very sad, so many youth are in so much pain so as to want to end their life. Sending sympathy and peace to his family and friends.

Yum, I like scones. Nice to have food waiting for their arrival.

Such is the not early rising kids. Mom alarm will be louder soon. Did make pancakes and some bacon. Heated, and ready for them. Ooh, think I hear older one. About time.

Later homies, have that most serene Saturday.

It's good to hear that the young man survived and I hope receives and accepts help. There are so many things going on with the world in general. I can imagine that if someone had their own conflicts and on top of it all these things going on that it would seem overwhelming and hopeless. I hope he'll get someone to talk to and help him. It really helps to have someone really close to talk to. Even if it's just one person. It's a lot to take on sometimes, but being there, or even just listening and understanding them really helps that person. It's not a cure, but it's a few steps away from the darkness.

Once again, sorry for poofing again homies, I hope all is well with everyone else, or if anyone is going through anything whether you've discussed it here, or kept it private, I hope that things will get better.

On a more bright note, the last two weeks of September feel like they are quickly approaching, so I guess I'll be seeing a couple of you soon.

Good morning everyone. I am getting ready to go to Williamsburg. We plan to leave after lunch. Right now Bush Gardens is only letting people in for 4 hour time slots, and you have to make a reservation. Ours is for 5-9 tonight. It's a 3 hour drive for us, so we will be staying overnight.

I guess I shouldn't mention that I have already started my Christmas shopping.

I was wondering last night if we could build a greenhouse and grow our own tomatoes,
Ooh, fresh tomatoes sound really good. I've never attempted to grow anything myself. I don't have much success with plants.

Weather guy said would be a Fall day for us. Um, no, still summer temps, please.
High of 75 here today. I haven't been outside yet, so I don't know what the humidity is like.

Update on the incident in town is that emergency services are not providing any details as it was a tragic event concerning one young man who had attempted suicide jumping from scaffolding on a renovation site - but he landed on another roof and they had great trouble reaching him to retrieve him. Awful for all concerned.
How terrible. I hope that man gets the help he needs.

It's good to hear that the young man survived and I hope receives and accepts help. There are so many things going on with the world in general. I can imagine that if someone had their own conflicts and on top of it all these things going on that it would seem overwhelming and hopeless. I hope he'll get someone to talk to and help him. It really helps to have someone really close to talk to. Even if it's just one person. It's a lot to take on sometimes, but being there, or even just listening and understanding them really helps that person. It's not a cure, but it's a few steps away from the darkness.
I have noticed a big increase in the number of people contacting my office for counseling during the past couple of months. I think you are right. The world situations are just magnifying whatever issues someone is dealing with right now.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. I am feeling better today. I am hoping that I continue to feel good today since tonight's event centers around food.

Visitors gone and now dishwasher on and we’re collapsed in front of the tv. Lovely afternoon and mostly outside in the garden. Nephew off to meet a friend tonight before returning to London tomorrow though his wife has opted to stay in with my DB and SIL.

@Charade67 so glad you feel better and hope you enjoy your day.

@schumigirl hope you have a wonderful evening.

Weather here looks set to stay warm for a few days so DS has invited us round to them on Tuesday for a bbq. Something to look forward to. May be the last one for this year.

Not a very good picture but one of the GC on the circular swing this afternoon.

C695C817-E090-4B8E-B617-28588A4215E6.jpeg

Aww, nice picture Julie, with Louie looking at the kids.

Niece arrived with kids. So fun for young ones jumping up and down at pool fun suggestion.

Schumi that looks like a strawberry slushy

Julie are there 2 kiddos on that swing?
It looks fun!

charade I have not had a milk shake in years but now I want one!
Have fun at BG today.

Lynne, always nice to have a family get together!
Good food and good company for all.

Hot and humid where I am but rain is predicted later today.

Yes Mac it’s a circular flat swing hung over the tree - takes two - sometimes three!

Glad your visit was good too Lynne.

Off to bed now for a read - enjoy the rest of your Saturday x

Lynne......nice picture.....even upside down! Glad you had a nice day and I join you in a food coma.......:faint:

Schumi that looks like a strawberry slushy

Hot and humid where I am but rain is predicted later today.

You’re having rain?? There’s a rarity.......

Strawberry Daiquiris mac.......made a pitcher (or two) as everyone turned up here before we set off for the restaurant, well, pub but it’s mainly a restaurant.

(should add not my picture) credit to Google ::yes:: Our glasses are much better!

They were lush!!!!

Yes, you were right, Kyle was driving so we had a bottle and a half of wine between us......think the other couples were the same......we all like our wine!

Food was amazing......always wonderful here, but like I said in the email, the steaks tonight were the nicest ever.......and so tasty. We do love that place, even though the roads to get there are a bit wild and woolly.......it really is in the depths of the countryside....

Desserts were good too.....I don’t usually get one there, but couldn’t resist home made sticky toffee pudding, butterscotch sauce and clotted cream ice cream.......double lush!!

Back home now, enjoying a half glass of wine......just as a nightcap.....it really was a lovely evening. Got very spoiled :hug:

Tomorrow we have a lunch at a friends house......looking forward to that too. Been a lovely weekend so far.........

No bacon tomorrow mac.........light breakfast under instruction from our lunch host.......now, she is bossy mac.......lol.....

Almost bedtime here........will send the pics in the morning......:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Quick check in from BG. We are having perfect weather. So different from last month when B and I got rained on. I am currently sitting in a “face covering relaxation zone” while Dh rides a roller coaster. We have had a few food samples and will be getting more as we walk back across the park. I decided to indulge and bought myself a BG 2020 T-shirt. It was 70% off.

Hope everyone is having a good evening.

Howdy long-lost SANs FAM!
Talk about absenteeism ...I don't know how long it's been... :crazy2:
I know there have been some of y'all with illnesses and possibly worse...I'm so sorry I haven't checked in. I pray y'all are hanging in there too.
Like pert-near everybody, the CV19 has been a significant challenge for our personal life and for our business but it has rebounded a good bit since early August. :cool1:

Sadly, we buried my sweet Bride's 86 y/o Daddy last week. He fought the "good" fight against Alzheimer's as "well as" anybody could, but we all know it's an unwinnable battle. So horrible. He was a really good guy that loved his kids and grandkids unconditionally. (A goal I wish I could come close to attaining.) We've now shifted to the Mother-In-Law management phase now. This will be fun! :eek:

Let's talk Universal & Disney next time! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter