• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

I was not looking forward to Christmas - with GC having to go off in the afternoon - but at the weekend my SIL asked what would be happening and she was so sad they won’t be here she said she will host dinner at theirs and we must go there - how lovely we will be together with them and our first year without Mum and Dad with us. So I can start thinking about it in a different way now! (And we love Frozen here).

It’s 80’s degrees today and still running the ac

Predicted to get down to the 70’s a few days

probably will have lower temps at night by the weekend.

What’s for dinner tonight?
Leftovers for us at our house.

It’s 80’s degrees today and still running the ac

Predicted to get down to the 70’s a few days

probably will have lower temps at night by the weekend.

Leftovers for us at our house.

Mid 60`s is the highlight of our temps tomorrow........70`s is quite a drop for you........but, you won`t stay cool for long......benefits of you living in such a warm climate, lucky ducky......I know you`re not a competitive person, but if you were.....you`d have won the best weather competition for the summer!!!

We`re down to 58ish tonight, not too cold. Windows will be open.......tomorrow is mid 60`s.....

Shopping morning ahead. Groceries from the supermarket and a few other places like farm stores we frequent.

Things are so quiet right now......next month is busier but for now......quiet nights seem to be the norm.......but I guess it`s quite cosy now nights are darker.....

And I may or may not have had a lemon gin and lemonade........:rolleyes1 Cocktail hour is always nice......

I'm having a glass of cabernet sauvignon...a little early, but necessary after my day...
Our condos in Orange Beach took a hit by hurricane Sally.

Now I want red wine!!

But........can`t mix the grape and the grain.....thank you to one of my brothers for that advice when I was a teenager!!!

Oh I`m so sorry about the condos!! I know you`re going down next month, but will you have to go down earlier to check them out? Hope not.......

I`m hoping someone on here from Alabama is doing ok too.....they were going to be hit too......hoping they`re ok.......

Not long till bedtime for us.......watching an episode of Taggart......loving the Scottish lingo.......::yes::

Ribeyes for dinner............and everything else that is good too!

Thought I’d check in.

Mac looks like you’ll have Sally remnants around, stay safe.

Local news just listed possible of 3 “ rain
other areas will get more.

I live on a ridge so sometimes weather for our area is off on early predictions.

Evening! Sorry it has been a while since I checked on. What a month it has been! If it weren't 2020, I wouldn't believe it myself.

Mid August - Mom develops pneumonia and is hospitalized (not COVID)...discovers she has a hiatal hernia which is causing a partial collapse of the lungs. Needs surgery....but has to do a whole bunch of test before that...so the waiting game.

Aug 31st - back to work! They had pushed back out start date twice. Districts around us are dropping like flies and shutting down temporarily because of positive COVID cases.

Sept 8 - started with kids in a hybrid format. Going OK...certainly not ideal. Cannot stand when our Asst. Superintendent uses the work "doable" when it comes to educating kids....so hard for me to swallow.

Sept 9 - stopped at a red light and the car in front of me releases its brakes and rolls back into my car. $1700 and a new bumper.

Sept. 10 - Major rainfall...so fast the drains cannot take it. Can't get to work for my third day because my street flooding was almost to my knee. And of course I had the loaner car because my car was being repaired, so I was panicking that it would go under water.

Sept. 14 - Chris had a stomachache and a bathroom issue...so of course, he is sent home. Had to take him to the physician to get clearance....all that trouble for pretty must a small bout of diarrhea. Needless to say the doc said he was fine and didn't need a COVID test.

Today - my colleague and friend from work's two children have COVID from their Daycare. So now we are waiting for her test results to see if she comes back positive and see if we have to work from home. Only time will tell.

Whew.....2020 cannot end fast enough....

Yeah, Kfish, many are hoping if we do the time change the beginning of November, it will be a reset of the year. I am glad your mom and son are okay. What a summer and back to school you have had. And an accident too. Ack, for that amount of damage, but I am happy you were okay. And yeah, our news was last chance to submit claims for the flooding from that storm we had via the hurricane. Thankfully, no flooding for us, and glad we have a couple of months old roof. I hope your Fall is much better. :hug:

Ooh, I’d take a nice white wine from your selections, Schumi. :-)

Eh, no wine here, but I am sipping an icy grey goose right now. Made bbq pork with cobs of corn on the grill, and little one had a chicken breast grilled with large slices of fresh mozzarella melted over it, and chopped red peppers on top. Dinner is served. Mom, did you cook my chicken in the same pan? No little one, grilled it for you, pan fried the pork with the bbq sauce. Ooh was a bit spicy, but very tasty. Yeah, little one does not think my center cut pork is the other edible white meat. ::yes:: Too bad for her. 8-)

And so, stay thirsty so as to be ready for Thirsty Thursday tomorrow. Wearing masks in the heat, be careful and stay hydrated. Being healthy, I hope for all the homies.

With that,
A4312301-5BD2-476C-A1F2-6026DFBBFB46.jpeg ::yes::

Ooh, Elsa is already enjoying some Mouse fun, and DisneyLife and I, four more sleeps.:dance3:

Kfish..... hugs

You have gone through a rough 4 weeks

Mummy dust sent to you!

Hiatal hernia I’m familiar with
My dad had the surgery at age 90 and my brother had the same surgery at age 50.

Your mom will get a lot of relief and feel better once she has her surgery

Good evening everyone. Not much going on around here. We are finally getting fall temperatures which I love. I've been coming home and opening up windows.

Got an email this morning from the owners of the cottage we have booked next month.....recommending booking restaurants we would like to visit......heck!!! I still don`t know what we`re having for dinner tonight!
I used to have a coworker who would plan her entire vacation around where she was going to eat. It wasn't like Disney where you need to have reservations. She would plan out which restaurants she wanted to eat at for certain days then plan the rest of the vacation around that.

Just landed in Chicago so only one more plane standing in my way! And yes looking forward to saying hello at the dark side!!!
Have an awesome trip.

Hope B’s college virus numbers are dropping. Ever since little one’s closed the campus, have not followed their virus numbers.
Unfortunately not going down, but not rising as quickly as some universities. They finally added a Covid tracker to the school website. Today they had 141 cases,

I'm now puppy sitting my mom's little guy, who is only 8 months old. A chiweenie and full of all kinds of spunk. LOL!
Pictures?

I know some folks have dessert every night, but we mostly don`t.
I can't imagine having dessert every night. I don't even want to think about what I would weigh if I did that.

I have made dark chocolate and a smaller amount of white chocolate cookies to go with a nice pot of tea. Kyle doesn`t like white chocolate so he grimaced when I showed him them first......he thought that was all I`d made.....he loves dark chocolate.
I'm with Kyle on the dark chocolate. Yum!

We ended up going out. I may regret that later. I ate a lot of rich food.

Our condos in Orange Beach took a hit by hurricane Sally.
Hope there isn't too much damage.

I`m hoping someone on here from Alabama is doing ok too.....they were going to be hit too......hoping they`re ok.......
I have a cousin in Alabama. She posted this meme today.

Evening! Sorry it has been a while since I checked on. What a month it has been! If it weren't 2020, I wouldn't believe it myself.
Wow, you have had a rough few months. Hope things get better for the rest of 2020.

I was going to go work on a puzzle, but now I have a cat sleeping next to me. Should I disturb him or not?

Tonight's light is from my favorite musical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter