• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing............ #14

Now I want red wine!!

But........can`t mix the grape and the grain.....thank you to one of my brothers for that advice when I was a teenager!!!

Oh I`m so sorry about the condos!! I know you`re going down next month, but will you have to go down earlier to check them out? Hope not.......

I`m hoping someone on here from Alabama is doing ok too.....they were going to be hit too......hoping they`re ok.......

Not long till bedtime for us.......watching an episode of Taggart......loving the Scottish lingo.......::yes::
"can't mix grape and grain" I like that! Gonna steal it if thats ok, lol!
I'll update with a few "damage' pictures tomorrow...

Evening! Sorry it has been a while since I checked on. What a month it has been! If it weren't 2020, I wouldn't believe it myself.

Mid August - Mom develops pneumonia and is hospitalized (not COVID)...discovers she has a hiatal hernia which is causing a partial collapse of the lungs. Needs surgery....but has to do a whole bunch of test before that...so the waiting game.

Aug 31st - back to work! They had pushed back out start date twice. Districts around us are dropping like flies and shutting down temporarily because of positive COVID cases.

Sept 8 - started with kids in a hybrid format. Going OK...certainly not ideal. Cannot stand when our Asst. Superintendent uses the work "doable" when it comes to educating kids....so hard for me to swallow.

Sept 9 - stopped at a red light and the car in front of me releases its brakes and rolls back into my car. $1700 and a new bumper.

Sept. 10 - Major rainfall...so fast the drains cannot take it. Can't get to work for my third day because my street flooding was almost to my knee. And of course I had the loaner car because my car was being repaired, so I was panicking that it would go under water.

Sept. 14 - Chris had a stomachache and a bathroom issue...so of course, he is sent home. Had to take him to the physician to get clearance....all that trouble for pretty must a small bout of diarrhea. Needless to say the doc said he was fine and didn't need a COVID test.

Today - my colleague and friend from work's two children have COVID from their Daycare. So now we are waiting for her test results to see if she comes back positive and see if we have to work from home. Only time will tell.

Whew.....2020 cannot end fast enough....

Kfish, I am so sorry you`ve had such a rough time recently.

I hope your mother sails through everything ahead of her, doesn`t sound pleasant at all. And the accident, glad you were ok too. Cars can be replaced, you can`t. Hope Christopher is well recovered from tummy issues......bless him. Sending you all good wishes......and yes, here`s to 2021 being much better!

Ooh, I’d take a nice white wine from your selections, Schumi. :-)

Eh, no wine here, but I am sipping an icy grey goose right now.

Where did I get the idea that you don`t drink and never did?? I must be thinking of someone else who posted in the past.......

Yep, you have a good countdown!!

Good evening everyone. Not much going on around here. We are finally getting fall temperatures which I love. I've been coming home and opening up windows.

I used to have a coworker who would plan her entire vacation around where she was going to eat. It wasn't like Disney where you need to have reservations. She would plan out which restaurants she wanted to eat at for certain days then plan the rest of the vacation around that.

Have an awesome trip.

Unfortunately not going down, but not rising as quickly as some universities. They finally added a Covid tracker to the school website. Today they had 141 cases,

Pictures?

I can't imagine having dessert every night. I don't even want to think about what I would weigh if I did that.

I'm with Kyle on the dark chocolate. Yum!

We ended up going out. I may regret that later. I ate a lot of rich food.

Hope there isn't too much damage.

I have a cousin in Alabama. She posted this meme today.
View attachment 526332

Wow, you have had a rough few months. Hope things get better for the rest of 2020.

I was going to go work on a puzzle, but now I have a cat sleeping next to me. Should I disturb him or not?

Tonight's light is from my favorite musical.
View attachment 526333

Although I love the heat, I do love Autumn too. That sunny frost in the morning is one of my favourite things about the season and love walking in that.

Couldn`t imagine working a trip around meals....sure, we have an idea of places we want to eat, but it`s always last minute-ish or the same day we decide. few exceptions are the higher end places we need to book.

Kyle really is a dark chocolate fiend......he will eat certain milk chocolates, but never white.

Yes, hope to hear from the poster I was referring to......think they were in the thick of it. And hope your tummy was ok......rich food is nice, but if it bothers you.......

Nice light picture.

"can't mix grape and grain" I like that! Gonna steal it if thats ok, lol!
I'll update with a few "damage' pictures tomorrow...

lol.....steal away. I was always grateful to that brother for his advice......and I always kept to it.......(apart from that one time) never again!

Hope the damage wasn`t too bad. After this year, this was the last thing folks needed. :hug:

Another beautiful morning here......there`s a little chill but the sun is bright and looks like a lovely day ahead. Not sure it`ll be warm enough to sit out in the garden this afternoon. We`ll see.......but I think we could grill out again tonight, will check the forecast for the rest of the day before we decide.

This morning is the exciting prospect of grocery shopping with a stop by a couple of farm stores for fresh produce. Maybe do a little baking this afternoon, have an abundance of flour in the cabinets, will see what everyone wants.

Not much else going on this week.......fairly quiet one........

cv89-M.jpg

cv84-X2.jpg

cv49-M.jpg

Have a wonderful Thursday...........

Oh Schumi, I don’t drink very often, but I do drink once in a great while. That vodka was bought in the Spring, when my sister wanted to try a grey goosed slussie. I still had about a half full bottle, this Summer, when I decided to use more of it up, lately, when it’s been so hot. I like it very cold, and only one small glass. I do like a sweet white wine, sometimes. We get gifted, more than buy. So yeah, I am not a drinker most of the time. And for some time, I was on medication that it was not good to have alcohol while taking it. So, some day, I would order a drink with you, in Strong Water Tavern. Robo and I had a nice drink and talk there, it was quite nice.

And so, very fitting the talk of drinks, yep, since Mac said it’s 5o’clock somewhere,
42613E56-3855-422D-9CAD-436ED1290651.jpeg

And that invite goes to all the homies. Drink up, it is not only good for you, but good to raise a glass or cup to cheer that tomorrow is a Friday. Woot!

So homies, yes, I have my tea cup ready, may all have a totally terrific Thirsty Thursday, and all you homies:
B8FAACB1-8208-4F9C-83AE-7C3C2111641F.jpeg Yes!

Where did I get the idea that you don`t drink and never did?? I must be thinking of someone else who posted in the past.......
Maybe you were thinking about me. I don’t drink anything alcoholic, never have.

I woke up to rain today, and we are supposed to have a high of 65. Brrr. The forecast says mid 60’s for the weekend. I wanted cooler temperatures, but was hoping for some 70’s first.

Guess I should get up and start getting ready for work.

Yeah, our weather guy said we will be seeing Sally showers tomorrow, and a cooler taste of October this weekend. Yeah, cool weather coming, Charade. Lots of low 60’s in our 5 day forecast. Hope work is quick and no issues.

Orlando 7 day: in the 80’s highs, with some rain chances. Woot! Will be packing some shorts, yes!

Oh no, Charade. Hope it just a new battery. At least it happened at home and not somewhere else.

Oh Schumi, I don’t drink very often, but I do drink once in a great while. That vodka was bought in the Spring, when my sister wanted to try a grey goosed slussie. I still had about a half full bottle, this Summer, when I decided to use more of it up, lately, when it’s been so hot. I like it very cold, and only one small glass. I do like a sweet white wine, sometimes. We get gifted, more than buy. So yeah, I am not a drinker most of the time. And for some time, I was on medication that it was not good to have alcohol while taking it. So, some day, I would order a drink with you, in Strong Water Tavern. Robo and I had a nice drink and talk there, it was quite nice.

I didn`t think you did drink very much if at all, I just thought I was getting mixed up with someone else.....but it must have been you I meant.

Maybe you were thinking about me. I don’t drink anything alcoholic, never have.

I woke up to rain today, and we are supposed to have a high of 65. Brrr. The forecast says mid 60’s for the weekend. I wanted cooler temperatures, but was hoping for some 70’s first.

Guess I should get up and start getting ready for work.
Today is off to a brilliant start. My car is dead.

Definitley Lynne I was thinking of as it was ages ago the posts I was thinking of.......

Hope you got the car sorted out ok.......not a good way to start the day......

Been a beautiful day here all day today.....grilled some shrimp and scallop skewers for lunch and we have managed to sit out most of the day.........dinner tonight will be home made burgers and some spicy chicken skewers. Made potato salad, spicy cous cous and regular salads......will be nice.

Looks like weather will be like this for next few days at least.

Trying some blueberry and lemon ice cream.......we like that mix in muffins and pastries so will try it in ice cream......not sure anyone else will like it to be honest.....

Heading in for a some water, surprisingly hot out here.........

Got the car started. It was just a dead battery. I just can’t figure out why it died. I didn’t leave the lights or anything else on.

Might have been just old, Charade. Glad you got a new one, and hopefully work gives you no headaches.

Kids want pizza for lunch. Fine with me. Snap pizzas are okay, as we still have yet to find a good pizza place that all agree is good. Heard the one local bar has a good pizza, so that may be the next place we try, but Snap ones it is. At least they are consistent, and fresh tasting. I do like Red Oven more, so will remedy that next week. Yay! That and may try a few places Schumi has mentioned as well.

I’m a non drinker too - gave up as part of the health problem I have - I miss the social side of it so an occasional Prosecco might be risked or a nice cocktail with not too much spirit as a treat on holiday.

Busy day - walked L to school then we went off to Dad’s and another charity came for the good furniture. They were thrilled with it and that made me pleased but oh my to see the lounge and dining rooms empty really got to me. Then we went to a new charity shop for our local hospice and took some nice items there. After that the lock up for our ruck sacks and then back for the school run.

Beautiful warm weather again today - can't believe these temperatures are continuing. We have booked parking tomorrow at Chatsworth Hall - a beautiful stately home in Derbyshire. We have a walking route to take us round the park area but won’t be going in the gardens or hall as obviously we will have Louie with us! Really looking forward to it.

Also just waiting on confirmation of a Lodge booking for next summer! Places are booking up quickly so we decided to take the step and book two weeks away - then Emma will be able to bring the children for a full week and we will have a few extra days either side. It’s an area we’ve been to twice before right next to the beach.

So sorry to hear about the damages you’ve suffered Kfish - hope everything can be sorted out safely.

Charade I’m glad you sorted the car. Hate those problems when you need to be somewhere.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

I had said last night that I'd post a few pictures today of the damage from Hurricane Sally.

Officially it is reported as a Cat 2 hurricane, but all local reports have said it "felt" much worse. I think the slow path and prolonged duration that Sally sat over the shoreline amplified the damages.

My heart aches for the families that call this area their full time home. They are the ones who are truly suffering right now.

The complex that our condos are in are in the midst of a mandatory evacuation. It's deemed safer to have as few extra people(tourists/vacationers) around as possible for the clean up that has started. There currently is no power and the water has been turned off as well.
These photos are from my building.

The front of the complex next to the porte cochere. The main entrance doors (not pictured) are blown out too.

Outdoor pool, taken from the 14th floor. There are a few deck chairs in the pool along with the debris. Also, the "grey" sand is normally sugar white and beautiful....now full of debris.

This is what is left of the pirate theme splash pad. There was a large pirate ship that kids climbed all over. You can see the mast is face down. There were also lots of tall poles that had huge water buckets that tipped over to splash the kids. Those are gone too.

I had said last night that I'd post a few pictures today of the damage from Hurricane Sally.

Officially it is reported as a Cat 2 hurricane, but all local reports have said it "felt" much worse. I think the slow path and prolonged duration that Sally sat over the shoreline amplified the damages.

My heart aches for the families that call this area their full time home. They are the ones who are truly suffering right now.

The complex that our condos are in are in the midst of a mandatory evacuation. It's deemed safer to have as few extra people(tourists/vacationers) around as possible for the clean up that has started. There currently is no power and the water has been turned off as well.
These photos are from my building.

View attachment 526461
The front of the complex next to the porte cochere. The main entrance doors (not pictured) are blown out too.

View attachment 526463
Outdoor pool, taken from the 14th floor. There are a few deck chairs in the pool along with the debris. Also, the "grey" sand is normally sugar white and beautiful....now full of debris.

View attachment 526467

This is what is left of the pirate theme splash pad. There was a large pirate ship that kids climbed all over. You can see the mast is face down. There were also lots of tall poles that had huge water buckets that tipped over to splash the kids. Those are gone too.

Oh goodness Lori!!

That`s a lot to clear up for folks down there. Yes, folks who live there, it`s truly dreadful to see the devastation to their homes and lives.

Seeing the beach is quite something, and quite depressing. Normally such a gorgeous sight to see the beautiful white sand. It`ll get back to normal soon enough Lori......:hug:

Lynne......have you got some other places in your mind to go to? We love offsite and spend probably the majority of our trips eating away from the resorts.....although Strong Water takes up a good few nights.......by far the best onsite bar there is.

And you only have a few days before you leave now......this is one of the best times, just before you leave when the anticipation is at the highest.......

Charade....glad you got the car started......

Gosh, it might have been glorious through the day today.....but it is downright chilly now it`s pitch black and has been for a couple of hours, but so cold outside.

Tomorrow has to be nice, just not as nice as today, and cooler. Think it`ll be dinner cooked inside now. Might get the odd barbecue and we always have a couple of winter barbecues around Bonfire night, even though we don`t have fireworks......of course with the restrictions which might not be lifted by then, I doubt we`ll get a large get together anyway, and probably no Boxing Day party either, which everyone is sad about.

Night in front of the tv again.......cosy though.

Paris, that is terrible the damage you had from the storm. Seems we just get a rainy day from it, all the way up the coast. Good to see all helping to recover, and will be back to a nice beach town once again.

Cute light, Charade.

Julie, hope your night has been good, and plans sound exciting to get away next summer.

Ah, pasta dinner. Then some coffee, as warm enough out, but cool starting to feel as night getting cooler, Fall feeling starting.

Homework by the college kids and some screen viewing is our night. Fading fast, I am.

Schumi, I will have a rental car, so will go out for some meals. Doctor P area has lots of good places, And it is magical month, so looking forward to some very nice 3 course meals. Though sad won‘t be in SF’s restaurant.

Have that very sound and refreshing night’s sleep. Turning it over to those night owl homies. Good Night. 💤

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter