• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sorry, the room you selected is no longer available for the dates you requested.

Update. No issues today with booking VGF or any other resort online for me.
I started first thing around 6 AM EST and still same issues. Called MS to make another WL at 9 AM sharp. Confirmed availability I was showing for various resorts was not actually available.

I called member services today. They said that because people are booking so fast that the system does not have time to update. This was a pretty creative but highly wrong assumption. Then they said it was a known issue and they are working on it (Since Thursday???). I asked why the issue is not posted on the website, and the agent said they would bring this up.

Silly answers to go with the website ineptness.

Today was my 7 month window and I wanted to switch 2 nights to a Poly or BLT studio, which both showed availability, but couldn’t. I called and they didn’t see availability on their end. Ended up switching to a BWV 1BR. When I checked availability and expanded the calendars for the Poly and BLT studios it showed most nights throughout January available, which seems unlikely. A friend was also seeing many nights in a row available for Riv Tower Studio for January last week, (but it wouldn’t book) which is completely impossible. It’s good that it seems it’s not preventing us from booking rooms that are actually available is my point… it’s just showing us options that aren’t really available.

Today was my 7 month window and I wanted to switch 2 nights to a Poly or BLT studio, which both showed availability, but couldn’t. I called and they didn’t see availability on their end. Ended up switching to a BWV 1BR. When I checked availability and expanded the calendars for the Poly and BLT studios it showed most nights throughout January available, which seems unlikely. A friend was also seeing many nights in a row available for Riv Tower Studio for January last week, (but it wouldn’t book) which is completely impossible. It’s good that it seems it’s not preventing us from booking rooms that are actually available is my point… it’s just showing us options that aren’t really available.

Which is better than the reverse that happened with VGC in April and appears May have happened with some CCV roooms.

As frustrating as it is, I’d rather the glitch prevent over booking.

Whatever the IT department has been trying to do has been a major fail. It has been almost three days and I still cannot change an existing reservation to reduce it by couple of nights. I know the availability is there because I have all 7 nights booked. I just want to drop it to 5 nights. The online system keeps telling me the five nights are not available. I know I can call member services to drop the 2 nights. I just don't feel like waiting an hour to get through to MS do something simple. I know they will eventually get this corrected, but something or someone caused this major failure. I can wait to drop the couple of days when the system is finally corrected. I just hope it does not take until the major system downtime planned for mid July.

Whatever the IT department has been trying to do has been a major fail. It has been almost three days and I still cannot change an existing reservation to reduce it by couple of nights. I know the availability is there because I have all 7 nights booked. I just want to drop it to 5 nights. The online system keeps telling me the five nights are not available. I know I can call member services to drop the 2 nights. I just don't feel like waiting an hour to get through to MS do something simple. I know they will eventually get this corrected, but something or someone caused this major failure. I can wait to drop the couple of days when the system is finally corrected. I just hope it does not take until the major system downtime planned for mid July.

I called at about 11 am this morning and i waited only 7 minutes

I only waited 5-10 minutes today both times I had to call. I know what you mean, however, and get the frustration. But speaking from an IT professional prospective, it’s nearly impossible to work on a system that never goes down with people across the world constantly accessing it making record changes. So be nice to my brethren lol. Judging by the bug, hopefully they’re working automating waitlist, so they do what they’re supposed to do, as I’ve undercut my own waitlist on multiple occasions. We’ll soon see.

Same here….single days for PVB next week are showing on site but not through member services….

Happened to me too, but I was trying to drop a day on a reservation I booked at the 11 month window. It said no availability …. Which shouldn’t matter if I only wanted to drop a day. I couldn’t do it on my reservation or my daughter’s reservation for both the exact same resort and week. Guess I’ll wait. I tried everything, cleaned cookies, incognito, safari, chrome, computer, iPad. I was just in this reservation a week ago checking to see how the points were used (banked vs new).

Wait times must be drastically reduced because I called yesterday at 6:45 pm and was on hold for less than one minute. My phone shows that the entire call time was 5 minutes and 42 seconds long.

I’d been having the same error for days, finally I switched my blt res to a poly lake view but I honestly couldn’t believe it was available. Something wacky is surely afoot.

It's a bug. MS is aware of it and working on it.

Yes, WE know that. The problem is that it looks like only SOME of the MS know that -- and nothing is on the website about it. I don't have an issue with there being bugs. I work in IT -- I get that they happen. What I have an issue with is:
  1. People getting very different answers when they call MS. Some are told that they must be doing something wrong with the booking. Some are told that there is no availability, so they aren't sure why it says there is. Some are told that things are "just being booked too fast for the system to tell" (which doesn't make sense because you can literally check the same dates for DAYS now and it continues to show available and then says unavailable -- if it was just a "too fast" thing, it wouldn't last for DAYS for the same booking). And then, finally, a few are told that it is a known issue that they are aware of and it is being worked on. From what I'm seeing, that appears to be the minority of MS saying that. (I've called them 3 times myself since Friday. Only ONE said it was a known issue being worked on.)
  2. It not being announced with a message on the website. If this is a known issue that they are "aware of and working on it" -- and it goes on for SEVERAL DAYS -- then there should be a message up on the website stating that there is an issue with not showing proper availability.
Again, bugs are fine. Not properly informing users of the bug is not fine.

But speaking from an IT professional prospective, it’s nearly impossible to work on a system that never goes down with people across the world constantly accessing it making record changes. So be nice to my brethren lol.
I work in IT also. I keep my clients/users happy by keeping them informed of the situation. That isn't happening here. So, also "speaking from an IT professional prospective", they are not doing a good job of making this "nearly impossible to work on" situation easier for the end user to deal with.

Yes, WE know that. The problem is that it looks like only SOME of the MS know that -- and nothing is on the website about it. I don't have an issue with there being bugs. I work in IT -- I get that they happen. What I have an issue with is:
  1. People getting very different answers when they call MS. Some are told that they must be doing something wrong with the booking. Some are told that there is no availability, so they aren't sure why it says there is. Some are told that things are "just being booked too fast for the system to tell" (which doesn't make sense because you can literally check the same dates for DAYS now and it continues to show available and then says unavailable -- if it was just a "too fast" thing, it wouldn't last for DAYS for the same booking). And then, finally, a few are told that it is a known issue that they are aware of and it is being worked on. From what I'm seeing, that appears to be the minority of MS saying that. (I've called them 3 times myself since Friday. Only ONE said it was a known issue being worked on.)
  2. It not being announced with a message on the website. If this is a known issue that they are "aware of and working on it" -- and it goes on for SEVERAL DAYS -- then there should be a message up on the website stating that there is an issue with not showing proper availability.
Again, bugs are fine. Not properly informing users of the bug is not fine.
Yep. Frustrating.

Last edited:
I get the frustration. Life happens, though. Call them to book. No big deal.

It is a big deal for many. Yes, a few people reported some surprisingly show wait times recently when they got lucky. As I said, I called 3 times this weekend. My SHORTEST wait was 34 minutes. The other two were over 50. And, in all 3 cases, the room was not available. So, it is kinda a "big deal" to wait on hold for a total of something over 2 hours this weekend only to be told by one CM that it must be something I'm entering incorrectly -- then by another cast member that it was the system just not being fast enough with the updates -- and then by another cast member that it was a known glitch.

As an "IT professional", I would think that you, of all people, would recognize the value of time. Wasting 2+ hours of my weekend is kinda a "big deal" to me. Especially when, in the end, the bookings could not be made because the rooms were actually not available. That's a "big deal" to me and I think a lot of other people.

EDIT: It looks like you keep editing your response. So, this may no longer apply. Oh well.

Glad I found this chain cause I have been trying to make a reservation at a home resort for early May and kept being told every day was fully booked lol. On hold now with MS, 11 minutes in and the expected hold time was 35 minutes. Will update after call if they say anything about the issue

Glad I found this chain cause I have been trying to make a reservation at a home resort for early May and kept being told every day was fully booked lol. On hold now with MS, 11 minutes in and the expected hold time was 35 minutes. Will update after call if they say anything about the issue

I just finished a call with them and it is still a known issue. I think they are getting as frustrated as we are with the (fruitless) calls, but it seems to be the only way to know for sure is to waste everyone's time to have them check on the availability in their system.

It is a big deal for many. Yes, a few people reported some surprisingly show wait times recently when they got lucky. As I said, I called 3 times this weekend. My SHORTEST wait was 34 minutes. The other two were over 50. And, in all 3 cases, the room was not available. So, it is kinda a "big deal" to wait on hold for a total of something over 2 hours this weekend only to be told by one CM that it must be something I'm entering incorrectly -- then by another cast member that it was the system just not being fast enough with the updates -- and then by another cast member that it was a known glitch.

As an "IT professional", I would think that you, of all people, would recognize the value of time. Wasting 2+ hours of my weekend is kinda a "big deal" to me. Especially when, in the end, the bookings could not be made because the rooms were actually not available. That's a "big deal" to me and I think a lot of other people.

EDIT: It looks like you keep editing your response. So, this may no longer apply. Oh well.
I edited my response because calling MS wouldn't help anyway. The days people try to book say they're available, but they're really not, or at least that's what I've found. I was also trying to prevent this topic from going off the rails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter