Southwest Flights Released for XMAS today

@Ms.Minnie

My flights were booked with Rapid Rewards points, so the fares are fully refundable. I cancel and rebook when I find a better price. Changing the flight is also possible but then the fees paid are no longer refundable. They would only be returned via a credit for a future flight (within 12 mo.) I typically have enough points to just book the new fare as soon as I see it and then go back and cancel my original flights. Otherwise, some risk of losing the flight exists.

I have not booked a flight on cash in a very long time.....but I think:
For cash flights, some are refundable some are not. Wanna Get Away (lowest priced) fares are not. However, you can change/cancel them and get a credit voucher, then use your credit to book the lower priced flight. Again, 12 month rule applies for the voucher balance (amount the flight went down) and if you don't use it you lose it.

BIG BUT: If you've booked Early Bird check in, you will lose it. I don't book Early Bird until I'm very satisfied with my flight price, if at all.
If you’ve bought EBCI, you can change instead of cancel...and you won’t lose the EBCI!

If you’ve bought EBCI, you can change instead of cancel...and you won’t lose the EBCI!

You're right.

For someone with a WGA fare booked on cash, the fare is already non-refundable, so changing makes the most sense. Even for me, booked on points, the only thing I risk losing is the fees, so if I had purchased EBCI, it would make the most sense to change it vs cancel it, because my fees are only $5.60 per person each way.

Thanks for pointing that out.

You're right.

For someone with a WGA fare booked on cash, the fare is already non-refundable, so changing makes the most sense. Even for me, booked on points, the only thing I risk losing is the fees, so if I had purchased EBCI, it would make the most sense to change it vs cancel it, because my fees are only $5.60 per person each way.

Thanks for pointing that out.
changing, rather than cancelling & rebooking, is also best when using RR points. with a change, your info is prepopulated from original flight, associated fees are transferred to the new flight, and you don't risk losing the old flight while rebooking - easier, faster, risk-free :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter