Space Mountain Temporarily Closed

Yeah... With SM scheduled for refurb in less than 4 weeks anyway... I could see them just closing it now with a "pardon our pixie dust" disclaimer. We have a trip in late Feb. and have been disappointed to see WOC, Fantasmic, paint the night and others go on the list of unavailable attractions ... even the castle is behind walls and scrim. Apparently lower crowds also equals more refurbs. It is so bad we might actually have to end our boycott at Hyperion and actually watch Frozen cause everything else is closed! (yeah... I'm still not over Aladdin closing). Ok just kidding... I will watch paint dry before I go to the frozen show! We will go and still make a great time I'm sure ... but not in a hurry to rebook. Just glad we locked in before the price increases.
I am so with you on the frozen thing. We miss Aladdin.

Yeah... With SM scheduled for refurb in less than 4 weeks anyway... I could see them just closing it now with a "pardon our pixie dust" disclaimer. We have a trip in late Feb. and have been disappointed to see WOC, Fantasmic, paint the night and others go on the list of unavailable attractions ... even the castle is behind walls and scrim. Apparently lower crowds also equals more refurbs. It is so bad we might actually have to end our boycott at Hyperion and actually watch Frozen cause everything else is closed! (yeah... I'm still not over Aladdin closing). Ok just kidding... I will watch paint dry before I go to the frozen show! We will go and still make a great time I'm sure ... but not in a hurry to rebook. Just glad we locked in before the price increases.

Haha I thought I was the only one who felt this way about the Frozen show! Aladdin was so wonderful and I still miss it. Soooooo disappointed with that change.
Thanks for validating my feelings on this one! :-)

Where have you seen the 3/15 reported as the end of the refub? That is exciting if true. I've only seen TBD. Same with GRR which I'm also anxiously waiting for a reopening date for.
It was mentioned earlier in this thread and I also looked at the Space Mountain page on the DL website.

EDIT: Sorry, I may have read the 3/15 end date on the March Check-In thread. Somewhere on Disboards I saw this information. There are a few threads here that cover the same topics.

So, every day until today, the Space Mountain page on the Disneyland website has said that it would be closed for refurbishment starting February 25.

Today, the wording changed, and it says "From February 25 to March 15, 2019, Space Mountain will be closed for refurbishment." I don't want to get my hopes up for Space Mountain next week, but I feel a bit more hopeful now. It seems like they wouldn't make the refurbishment more specific if the ride wasn't coming back before February 25th.

Of course, that could just be automated.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disneyland/space-mountain

Oh no! Our last day is March 14th. I hope they reopen one day earlier.

For anyone riding SM today, please update on any changes to the loading procedure and safety check. TIA!
I was there today but don't have anything recent to compare it to. I wouldn't have known an incident like that happened earlier this week though. I just recall that they just asked everyone to push down on their lap bars very briefly. They seemed to be loading very quickly.

For anyone riding SM today, please update on any changes to the loading procedure and safety check. TIA!

I rode SM on Monday 1/28 and then tonight 2/1. I was curious to see if there would any extra stress in the loading area and watched a couple load cycles from the above que. It seemed the same no extra lap bar "worry" from any of the CMs.

There was one big difference I met Jack Black across from the SM merch/ride photo area.

I was there today but don't have anything recent to compare it to. I wouldn't have known an incident like that happened earlier this week though. I just recall that they just asked everyone to push down on their lap bars very briefly. They seemed to be loading very quickly.

I rode SM on Monday 1/28 and then tonight 2/1. I was curious to see if there would any extra stress in the loading area and watched a couple load cycles from the above que. It seemed the same no extra lap bar "worry" from any of the CMs.

There was one big difference I met Jack Black across from the SM merch/ride photo area.

Thank you to you both for reporting back so quickly! Other than the Jack Black perk, which clearly isn't granted to all riders (!), it's good to know that for now, SM appears to be back to normal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter