SPACE RESTAURANT WATCH THREAD—Entrance photos post #1609!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, we are leaving Saturday for our March trip-sure thought we could dine in space! Now hoping we can blast off when we go again June 20-this is worse than waiting on MMRR! Where we will be in line on opening day!

I had heard rumors of a remake of "The Black Hole" a few years ago. I always loved the original as a kid, too bad they couldn't have some memorabilia or something in the new space restaurant. Crossing my fingers this place is open and fully operational for our April vacation!

I've got the unofficial answer to the menu thingee:

While working on the site to update it, It got caught up in an intergalacatic time warp,( light speed ), and then, upon returning they ended up in a Black Hole....Which will be the new name of the bar in the lounge..... :confused3

Well,............ It's as good a guess as any:teeth:

Lets put it this way...Would we have 66 pages of content if this Restaurant was here already.....LoL
I’m just excited about the boarding groups for Space.....

I checked my MDE app this morning and Space 220 is no longer on the Epcot map. Anyone else see this?

It's showing on the map on the website.

We've only got 18 days until winter technically is over. Wonder if we'll get any updates before then or if the text on the Space 220 page will just quietly change to "opening this spring" or "opening in 2020" or something. Or maybe it will keep saying "this winter" forever and eventually one winter it might be true.

Rumors of Space?
Space 220 days later?

Ugh...The only upside about this delay is that it was going to be really complicated to fit it into our April trip and maybe now we won’t have to!

I feel that way about Ratatouille. I’m hoping it doesn’t open earlier than expected because there is enough new stuff to figure out this trip. I want Epcot to be an easier day. I figure if Space opens and i can get an ADR, great. If not, Rose and Crown it is.

What if this is Disney's cruel way of just finding a new spot for the Electric Umbrella? Just a lot of mis-direction :)

Seriously, heading there in July and hoping I can score an ADR before-hand.

At this point I would like to see the menu. We are going to go to either Space or Germany so... I just need to know which one.

Maybe they are trying to figure out a virtual cue to set up before you can head into space...

I feel that way about Ratatouille. I’m hoping it doesn’t open earlier than expected because there is enough new stuff to figure out this trip. I want Epcot to be an easier day. I figure if Space opens and i can get an ADR, great. If not, Rose and Crown it is.
Completely agree with you. We're going in May, and I am already stressed out about getting into a BG for ROTR and getting into MMRR. Would love to get into Space, but we have Rose and Crown for a back up as well. I can't stress about so many things!

With the amount of construction going on at present, Epcot is anything but easy! My wife and I, huge fans of Epcot, only went twice in a 10 day trip. We just couldn't take the mass of people being funnelled into ever decreasing spaces.
It's so disorienting too! I usually know exactly how to get from point A to point B, but I found myself "lost" several times while I was there a few weeks ago.

With the amount of construction going on at present, Epcot is anything but easy! My wife and I, huge fans of Epcot, only went twice in a 10 day trip. We just couldn't take the mass of people being funnelled into ever decreasing spaces.

It’s all going to be done by May the 4th (my EP day). May the 4th be with Disney.
:rotfl2:
But seriously, thanks for the warning. I have a terrible sense of direction and am already going to be confused because we’re coming in through the Intl Gateway so I’m probably going to be lost all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter