Spectromagic and MVMCP

LauraR

Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>Needs to do some se
I'm going to be at WDW from Dec. 6th -13th this year, and I wanted to see Spectromagic. It's only offerred once during my stay, Monday night (Dec. 8th) at 6 pm (it's at 8 and 10 pm on Saturdays, but I have to leave before then). So, I'm wondering if it's going to be jam packed, or if the MVMCP on the 7th, 9th, 11th and 12th will draw some of the people away. I really hate dealing with crowds, which is why I chose early Dec. to visit. Also, are there any decent vantage points for Spectro that don't require jockeying for position a long time ahead of the show? Thanks for any input!

I'm going Dec 6 to 12! Spectromagic will be shown twice on Dec 6th. The second run on Saturday night usually isn't as crowded. From my previous experience, when Spectro is run during the week that day will be very crowded all day. Mondays are usually crowded anyways. I would just go late afternoon for the parade, spend the morning and afternoon elsewhere.

We are going December 6-13 too! I could be mistaken, but when I checked the Official Disney World site yesterday afternoon, Spectro was no longer listed for Monday night, only on Saturdays. I was checking to see if it was running any other nights when we are there since we are doing the Candlelight Processional on Monday, but it was no longer listed on Monday.

Hi Puffkin and DebbieB, I hope that turns out to be a perfect week for all of us!
I just double checked the WDW website and I could have sworn it said there was a Spectromagic at 6 pm on Monday (but maybe I'm not at the official site??) I was hoping Monday wouldn't be so bad since Sunday is an early entry day. I'll probably have to brave it anyway, since we're doing AK and Epcot on Sunday and both DS's and DH will be chomping at the bit to get to MK. Although maybe we could switch to Epcot in the morning and MK in the afternoon/evening on Monday. Guess there's no getting around dealing with some crowds!

I am wrong. I just checked and it is listed again for 6 on Monday. It changes every few days, so who knows. We can't go Monday anyways, so I guess we will miss it this trip.

We will be checking into the WL on the 5th. We are planning on going to the MK on Saturday just so we can see Spectro and Wishes. We will be at the CP on a dinner package on the 7th and then MVMCP on the 9th. Hope we have some nice weather along with light crowds!! I will have my lime green ribbons on my camera bag!! :)

We will be at Disney World from Dec. 6 - 13 as well!

I thought I had read on another thread that last year, Disney added a Specto on Wednesday nights closer to the approach of December. That might give us all another option if it happens again this year! Until then, we are planning on arriving in the afternoon on Monday, the 8th to claim our spot for Spectro.

Yes, last year there was a Spectromagic added on Wednesdays, but there was NOT one on Mondays. It seems that for whatever reason Disney has decided to do it on Mondays instead.

But there is still a faint hope that there will be an additional Spectro added on Wed. Wednesdays are now the only days in early Dec with neither MVMCP nor Spectro.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter