Spice Up Those Post Holiday Blues with a BWV Trip (Now Trip Report)

We returned from WDW the day you arrived (12/26-1/3) and I am enjoying your report so far! We can not believe our luck that we made it home, considering we were flying on Airtran into Midway (Chicago) and many other flights that day had been canceled! I had skimmed through your previous report about magic bands, and you made it sound easy! It really was pretty awesome using FP+ because (since we are NOT early risers, esp. on vacation) this trip was **our first-ever time on TSMM**!! It's only been open for like 5 years, and because of FP+ we finally got to do it!! Also, there were many changes we made along the way, even the morning of, with our FP's during what is a very busy time. Looking forward to reading along!
I'm so glad the Magic Bands worked out for you! I have been pleasantly surprised at how easy it has been to change FP+ reservations this trip. I have changed them everyday with no problems at all. Park wifi and cell coverage has been excellent, and with the exception of the abyss of Space Mountain have never had a problem connecting to the ap in the park. The more I use My Disney Experience this trip the more I like it. Every question I have had has been easily answered with the ap. I do have a few complaints, but they are minor and I will get to them in a bit.

Glad to have you following along!

We just saw my parents off on the Magical Express and are nicely settled into Animal Kingdom Kidani 1 Bedroom for the next three nights. Tigger is napping and Grizzly has gone off to get Tigger's race registration for his race tomorrow and is also off to the grocery store. I attempted to nap, but was itching to do some trip reporting, so the napping will have to wait.

Before I get back to my original trip report I'm going to give you guys my biggest pieces of advice learned from this trip so far. I'm always learning on these trips, so here is what I learned this trip.

#1: DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DESPITE EVEN WHAT YOUR DOCTOR SAYS, START YOUR SON ON A MIRALAX REGIMEN A WEEK BEFORE YOUR TRIP. DON'T DO IT! AM I BEING CLEAR? So we've been tackling some issues in our household for years, and the standard treatment for any issues of this nature is Miralax. We brilliantly put off trying the Miralax treatment until a week before our trip. The bottle reads something like. "should cause bowel movement within 1 to 3 days". Well, this bottle has clearly been mislabeled. It should really say "WILL CAUSE BOWEL ARMAGEDDON ABOUT A WEEK AND A HALF AFTER FIRST DOSE". We have literally spent HOURS the past three days in the park bathrooms. Hours. We haven't even given him any Miralax the last three days and we are still spending hours in the park bathrooms. It has really not been the best trip so far with regards to the last three days. Thank goodness the first 2 days were fantastic. So that brings me to lesson # 2.

#2: If you have a little kid, who after several times in the bathrooms is still scared to death of the toilets flushing and the hand dryers, by all means, buy your kid a pair of sound muffling head phones. BEST PURCHASE EVER!!!!! Especially given the amount of time we have spent in bathrooms the past few days they have really been worth it. I've never seen my son so relaxed in a bathroom before, it's amazing. He even used a hand dryer the other day!

#3: If you go through the trouble of buying sound muffling head phones for your kid, don't lose them the first day!!!!! Yup, ours got eaten by Hollywood Studios. :( It was very sad. We have no idea where they went, but they vanished somewhere between Star Tours and the Osborne Lights. So we sent Grizzly and Pepere out for a new pair from Home Depot. The new pair works just as well but they are not as low profile as the original pair.

After nap, if the beasty's butt is amenable to it, we are going to go and try to watch Wishes at the Magic Kingdom tonight. Wish us luck. We are going to need it!

Okay, so I now bring you back to the regularly scheduled trip report. We were heading into the evening of our first full day. Everyone (except Grizzly) took a nice long afternoon nap. When we awoke we made our way leisurely to Hollywood Studios to go investigate the Osborne Lights. We foolishly decided to walk. I did not mind the walk at all, and prefer the walk to the endlessly slow boat ride, but nobody told me until 3 days later that my Dad's knees were really sore. We should have taken the boat that first night too. Woe! Before heading to see the lights we stopped to go on Star Tours. I had my Dad sit this one out as he gets motion sickness sometimes, and Star Tours, in my opinion is one of the worst offenders in the 4 parks. But Tigger, Grizzly, myself and Nana rode. Here is Grizzly with Tigger looking adorable in his flashing ears. (I'm allowed to say he looks adorable right?, If not please forgive me, I will spend plenty of time talking about what a pain in the neck he is too, so have no fear, I will not be rubbing down your throat how incredibly wonderful my kid is this entire trip report) So anyways, Grizzly and Tigger:
gdJdSzj.jpg
Now also on this trip Nana has learned and mastered the word 'selfie'. She's excited about this because she gets excited and thinks she's all modern when she learns new words like this. (This is the same modern Nana who brought out her brand new ipad so I could teach her how to use it, and she couldn't even turn it on!) So Nana was all about the 'selfie' this trip so you will be seeing lots of pictures of us from arms length. Here we were looking all tough in our Star Tours glasses. This picture is not complete without imagining the 3 year old in the background screaming "YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO PUT ON YOUR GLASSES UNTIL YOU ARE IN THE CAR!!!!!!!" Over and over until we took our glasses off. The kid is going to grow up to be a cop I swear.
VmqPy5B.jpg
Tigger LOVED Star Tours this time. Last trip he got off and looked like he had seen a ghost. This time he genuinely liked it. After Star Tours we were off to see the lights. Nana liked the lights!:
eZkaXjL.jpg
Tigger did too!:
kM7bpAE.jpg
In fact everybody in our party thought the lights were pretty cool. We stayed long enough to watch them dance twice. They dance for 1 song every 7 minutes. Tigger insisted on dancing with the dancing lights. Unfortunately, his dancing skills begin and end with Ring Around the Rosie, so I kind of got very dizzy and didn't really get to enjoy the dancing lights because somehow I became the designated Tigger dancer for both songs. So the overall verdict, if you are at the World, don't miss the lights. Well worth the crowds to see them. After the lights we grabbed a bite to eat at the ABC Commissary, mostly because we were starving and they were open, and we happened to walk by. Food was fine, but nothing to write home about, or I guess even nothing to trip report about. I will be adding a whole bunch of pictures once we get home because I stole (with her permission) the memory card out of my mom's camera so that I could have the trip pictures. Can't wait to get my hands on those pictures. Up next, I send Tigger, Grizzly and Pepere back to the room while Mom and I make a little side trip to the Magic Kingdom so we can see the Christmas decorations before they take them down.

Your son is very cute! Sorry about the time you've spent in the bathrooms! That really is not fair on vacation!
When DS was little, he hated the noise of Illuminations, and he and I would spend the time hiding out in the bathroom.
Unbelievably, we didn't get to DHS in the evening this past trip, so no lights! The weather was very rainy....
Star Tours is probably our favorite attraction, more so now with the random rides.

CarolynK said:
Your son is very cute! Sorry about the time you've spent in the bathrooms! That really is not fair on vacation!
When DS was little, he hated the noise of Illuminations, and he and I would spend the time hiding out in the bathroom.
Unbelievably, we didn't get to DHS in the evening this past trip, so no lights! The weather was very rainy....
Star Tours is probably our favorite attraction, more so now with the random rides.

Oh yuck for your rainy trip! That happened to us last trip and it gets old after a while. We've been lucky this trip with regards to rain. It sprinkled a bit today, but this ended up being a non-park day, so we were fine. We did a run disney kid race(awesome, can't wait to write all about it), downtown Disney, and watched Cars 2 this evening. Ready to tackled magic kingdom again in the morning.

CarolynK said:

Oh yuck for your rainy trip! That happened to us last trip and it gets old after a while. We've been lucky this trip with regards to rain. It sprinkled a bit today, but this ended up being a non-park day, so we were fine. We did a run disney kid race(awesome, can't wait to write all about it), downtown Disney, and watched Cars 2 this evening. Ready to tackled magic kingdom again in the morning.

Ok, so our parenting logic failed us today. Epic logic failure. Lots more lessons learned this trip including how not to handle an in park melt down and what games not to teach your three year old how to play. Can't wait to share once I get to a keyboard. Right now I'm waiting for our ever shifting flight to leave Orlando. Woe, the end of vacation is always so sad.

Ok, so our parenting logic failed us today. Epic logic failure. Lots more lessons learned this trip including how not to handle an in park melt down and what games not to teach your three year old how to play. Can't wait to share once I get to a keyboard. Right now I'm waiting for our ever shifting flight to leave Orlando. Woe, the end of vacation is always so sad.

The ever fun lesson is what worked (or didn't work) at 3 might not be the same at 4. But you learn and try again next time. I cannot wait to hear all about this trip! Get home safe and tell us all about it.

The ever fun lesson is what worked (or didn't work) at 3 might not be the same at 4. But you learn and try again next time. I cannot wait to hear all about this trip! Get home safe and tell us all about it.

Yes! Except sometimes it seems like what worked yesterday no longer works.

So my Mom and I abandoned the boys and headed over to the Magic Kingdom to see the castle all lit up in it's Christmas glory before they started taking the decorations down. Well, it was certainly worth the trip! The castle is glorious with it's Christmas lights on. GLORIOUS! When we left the park earlier in the day we had only used 1 of our FP+ reservations, so I had rescheduled 2 of them for later this evening. We arrived in time to ride Space Mountain before heading back to the hub to catch Celebrate the Magic. The use of this FP+ for Space Mountain was the longest we had to wait in a FP+ queue the entire trip. For some reason there was a bit of a hold up at the entrance to the queue, and it maybe took 5 minutes to get through. Not a big deal at all, I just wanted to point out that we did not encounter any of the horrendous lines people were predicting or had experienced. All other FP+ uses were incredibly smooth, we were basically through the queue and onto the ride within 2 minutes of scanning. I was often floored by how well the system worked.

Okay, so we rode Space Mountain and then scurried back to the hub to watch Celebrate the Magic. Except there was a masking tape guard CM who took his job very very seriously. Unless you were standing in officially sanctioned standing areas as designated by masking tape he yelled at you and told you to keep walking. This would have been okay, except that it was so crowded that identifying where exactly these fancy masking taped off areas were was slightly more than just tricky. :( We got yelled at 3 times until we finally weaseled our way into an acceptable position. We actually felt bad for this CM. What a horrible job to have, to have to tell people over and over that they could not stand where they were standing, and instead must keep walking. He continued to yell until about 3 minutes into Celebrate the Magic where upon he finally gave up, or had reached his necessary 'keep the walkway clear as long as possible' goal. Celebrate the Magic had been updated since I saw it in September with a long scene from Frozen where they sang about half of "Let it Go". It was really cool. Especially if you like Frozen, like me.

The crowds were INSANE. We were shoulder to shoulder with people and the crowd stretched all the way down Main Street and all the way across the hub. INSANE. We went to see these two shows again later in the week and up until show time everyone was sitting on the ground. Way more space. So I guess that's another nod to FP+. Extremely busy day and I was still able to exchange FP+ for Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain during the day. FP+ just astounded me the entire trip. I never had any problem switching anything. If we ever found ourselves waiting for a FP+ time to come up, many times I just hopped on line real quick and switched the time to the current time, so instead of waiting 20 minutes for our FP+ time, we just went on it right away. So AWESOME!!!!

Whoa sidetrack! (Can you tell I liked FP+?) So my Mom, in all her trips to Disney had never seen a single show. I can vouch for this because as a child we never watched any parades or shows. So Celebrate the Magic and Wishes were her first two shows EVER. She loved them! I'm so glad I got a chance to go with her. We got back pretty late, just after 11:00pm. Grizzly and Pepere were supposed to be watching a football game, but they were both already asleep. Pansies!

I'm waiting patiently for the pictures to upload, but they are taking their sweet time. :( I may have to add them in afterwards.

We were up early the next morning for a 7:45am Cape May character breakfast. Yum! Followed by a trip to Epcot and the beginning of our bathroom visiting odyssey.

Okay so here are some pictures of the crazy crowds.
Down Main Street:
IMG_0293_zps9fe6700f.jpg

Crowds in the hub:
IMG_0288_zps9619a4bc.jpg

Some Wishes Pictures and the Castle:
IMG_0280_zps544ccf0f.jpg

IMG_0271_zpsf2eeef0e.jpg

IMG_0264_zps3150fd13.jpg

Isn't this castle all lit up just amazing?!!
IMG_0250_zps614e732b.jpg

Frozen scene from Celebrate the Magic
IMG_0258_zpsd6855782.jpg

Wow! I totally missed a whole expedition that my Mom and I went on. After leaving Magic Kingdom, instead of driving back with Pepere, Grizzly and Tigger my Mom and I hopped a monorail over to Epcot to walk through Epcot on the way back. I forgot how much my Mom likes to take pictures of flowers and it took about 40 minutes just to get to the World Showcase because you have to pass by a rose garden. I could have taken a nap in the time it took her to photo all the flowers. Here are some of my favorite pictures of the ones she took (NEED TO ADD THESE, PICTURES STILL UPLOADING!! 166/438 done)):

My favorite flower pic:
IMG_0165_zpsff6b4ba7.jpg

My favorite Christmas Decoration:
IMG_0158_zps3ec48183.jpg

Then once we finally got through Epcot, well the pictures of the seagulls started. Do they import these seagulls to make it more boardwalk like? I'm uploading 438 pictures from her camera right now, and probably 100 of them are flowers and seagulls!!!! Another 100 are animals from the safari. Why why why?!!!! They just went on a real African safari in Kenya in October. I'm really confused by that.

My favorite seagul picture:

IMG_0206_zps33fe2830.jpg

But anyways the real reason for this story is to say my Mom likes to stop and take pictures of everything. My Dad likes to stop never. They don't really match very well. There always seemed to be a lot of tension between the two with regards to whether or not it was okay for my mom to take pictures and my mom feeling rushed. Sigh...So when I was alone with my Mom I tried to be patient while she took her 8 million pictures of flowers and seagulls.

...We arrived in time to ride Space Mountain before heading back to the hub to catch Celebrate the Magic. The use of this FP+ for Space Mountain was the longest we had to wait in a FP+ queue the entire trip. For some reason there was a bit of a hold up at the entrance to the queue, and it maybe took 5 minutes to get through. Not a big deal at all, I just wanted to point out that we did not encounter any of the horrendous lines people were predicting or had experienced. All other FP+ uses were incredibly smooth, we were basically through the queue and onto the ride within 2 minutes of scanning. I was often floored by how well the system worked.

Funny about Space, our last two trips, we haven't been able to get on it because it breaks down! This past NYE trip, the FP+ line was a bit long, and as we got to the front again it broke down...a CM gave us generic FPs that were good until the next day, but we felt SO bad for the standby people who had been an hour (or more) in line!

I totally agree that the FP+ system seems to be working really well!!

OK, so I don't like seagulls, but your mom's picture is just amazing! Really a beautiful shot. And how sweet that you were sensitive to her need for picture taking:goodvibes

Welcome to Sunday 1/5. So I lied in my previous post when I said that up next was Cape May breakfast. Fooled you! I totally forgot about an entire day. I guess your vacation has been long enough when you can completely forget about an entire day.

So we were up very early this morning with a goal of making rope drop. Here we are on the monorail looking nice and chipper:
IMG_0294_zps1ce30afd.jpg

We had plenty of time to spare while waiting for the opening show. This gave us lots of time to wish we had coffee. Oh the coffee wishes were strong this morning! We passed the time by taking turns trying to take the best picture of the Mickey flag. I won! Here is my entry:

IMG_0299_zps69a42d46.jpg

Loved the opening ceremony as usual. I really could watch this show every day. And we were off down main street. I heard a lot of talk about garlands being up or not being up leading up to my trip. Well they were definitely up. While they look nice, I kind of feel like they block the view of the castle. So my vote is for non-garland Main Street which we got to see later in the week.

Main Street all dressed up:

IMG_0317_zps030926ae.jpg

First stop was the raceway after I grabbed some Buzz Lightyear paper FPs. Pepere was very excited to have his own car this ride. Tigger thinks he wins every race because he gets the 'sportiest' car. I'm curious as to when he will figure out that he wins every race because he starts first. Hopefully not too much longer or I will start to worry about him.

IMG_0318_zpsad9f506d.jpg

Next up, the Barnstormer. We had the whole train to ourselves! We rode twice and could have kept going but Tigger had had enough. (What's wrong with this boy? Only two rides on barnstormer? By the end of the trip he didn't want to ride any rides at all. :( )

IMG_0324_zpsd7d3cf54.jpg

This trip every time we asked Tigger who he wanted to sit next to he said "NANA!!!". Even when we said things like, "Are you going to ride with Pepere this time?" He would still insist on riding with Nana. I kind of felt bad for Pepere, but he brought it on himself. You get ignored on Disney rides if you ignore your grandson 95% of the time by using your phone instead of paying attention to him. I secretly hope that Pepere learned some lessons on this trip. If you're reading this Pepere, PUT DOWN YOUR PHONE!!!!

We next rode Dumbo. I love this picture. To me it looks exactly like what you would see in a Disney commercial:

IMG_0341_zps5e11ebeb.jpg

Throughout our morning Tigger insisted on walking with Nana and Pepere. It was very cute. He also did the necessary walk/jumping as well. Grizzly and I were very thankful for the break. I love that Tigger got to spend this time with his grandparents who live so very far away.

IMG_0355_zps7a61c692.jpg

IMG_0358_zps4e45cc32.jpg

We cannot walk past this ball without stopping to make it turn. I can kind of see the appeal, but every time? Really?:

IMG_0360_zps877c2774.jpg

We snuck in some rides on the tea cups and Buzz before we became so starving that we all nearly died. Off to Gaston's Tavern it was. Oh, wait, we found a squished penny machine. With Tigger you must always be prepared to stop if a squished penny machine is spotted. Sometimes we try to sneak passed them using distractionary techniques, but apparently this one was visited:

IMG_0365_zps7e114bc8.jpg

So off we went to Gaston's Tavern. We love this place. It's cozy, and never very busy, and the giant cinnamon roll is scrumdiddleleeumptios. Yes, that's a word. Also, it is physically impossible to visit the tavern without sitting in the giant chair. Here Nana demonstrates this commonly known law of physics (giant chair has stronger pull than gravity):

IMG_0371_zps74ddc6ac.jpg

Nana ordered the pork shank. I never knew that pork shank means "entire leg of a humongous pig". The thing was HUGE! Comparable in size to the cinnamon roll. Seriously, everything you order here, with the exception of the croissant could feed a small army. Here is Nana with the remains of her pork shank. It tasted much like the smoked turkey legs:

20140105_101621_zps7qfy2jay.jpg

We were all getting quite tuckered by this point. We decided to forgo the Little Mermaid Fast Passes I had obtained and instead headed straight to Splash Mountain, our last stop before leaving for the day. We were supposed to ride Thunder Mountain, but it was at this point that we realised we had lost the ear muffs, so we decided to put off Thunder Mountain until ear muffs were available. Tigger likes Splash, but hates getting wet, so we phonchoed the heck out of him and brought him along:

IMG_0383_zps0e224bd6.jpg

On the way out was our first minor tragedy of the day (to be followed up with many other minor tragedies on our date night). This is a classic Mom wants to take pictures, Dad doesn't want to stop scenario. Move it Shake it was going on in the hub as we were headed to the exit. Grizzly stopped and asked Tigger if he wanted to dance. Tigger declined, most likely due to the high noise level, so Grizzly, Tigger and Dad high tailed it down main street. Well Nana, the obsessive picture taker, thought all the little stranger kids were cute dancing, so she stopped to take pictures of them. She maybe took 2 pictures before the guys were completely out of sight. Cue Nana to start lamenting about how she can never take any pictures. (Ahhh! Caught in the middle again!) We chase them down Main Street because Nana is all upset because she wanted to get Tigger a balloon, but now is feeling rushed and like the opportunity is lost. Thank goodness they paused in the square. We retrieve Tigger, who wants to ride the "Magical School Bus" back to the resort. Somehow things got confused here. Nana and I were under the impression that Grizzly and Pepere were going back to the car, so we bought Tigger his balloon (he chose a Minnie one) and then headed to the buses. Meanwhile, Grizzly and Pepere had no idea where we went and were waiting and waiting and waiting in the square for us. Serves them right for running ahead! After about 5 minutes at the bus stop I get an angry call from Grizzly wondering where we are. Ooops! Here's a boy and his mom and his balloon in a very empty bus depot:

IMG_0384_zpsb06541b9.jpg

And that concludes this episode of Magic Kingdom morning awesomeness. Up next we nap and nap and nap. Then I drag everybody on a 'relaxing' surrey bike ride before Grizzly and I head out for the evening on our date night from H E double hockey sticks. Can't wait to tell you all about that one. Until later. Cheers!

Funny about Space, our last two trips, we haven't been able to get on it because it breaks down! This past NYE trip, the FP+ line was a bit long, and as we got to the front again it broke down...a CM gave us generic FPs that were good until the next day, but we felt SO bad for the standby people who had been an hour (or more) in line!

I totally agree that the FP+ system seems to be working really well!!

OK, so I don't like seagulls, but your mom's picture is just amazing! Really a beautiful shot. And how sweet that you were sensitive to her need for picture taking:goodvibes

You are too kind!

For us it seems to be Test Track that gets us with breaking down. And I'm not sure why, I think maybe because he saw the Barnstormer broken down, but Tigger is extremely terrified of any ride breaking down. To the point that by the end of the trip we couldn't ride any rides, and if we did ride a ride we had to field about 30 questions about what would happen if the ride broke down, how we would get off, how long it would take, and on and on and on. Poor little anxiety ridden Tigger. Perhaps that's part of why he had a complete and utter breakdown the last day.

You're Tigger is really getting big!! sounds like Tigger's tummy was definitely having a refurb during the trip! Poor Tigger! Looks like you all have had a fun trip so far! It's nice to have the grands along! Tigger looks like he's really enjoying their company. Your mom cracks me up with her camera....reminds me of my DSIL....she drives the kids bat crap crazy....they have to pose for 100 pics before they get to do anything fun! Looking forward to your next installment!

Hi! New to your threads but I read a few in your siggy and had to comment now!my hubby is like your mom. He doesn't take a picture of EVERYTHING, but when he takes a picture he wants it to be perfect. Try taking a perfect picture of your wife holding two screaming children??!? Aerrrgh. Lol. So hey, perepere, I feel your pain. ;)

Hi! New to your threads but I read a few in your siggy and had to comment now!my hubby is like your mom. He doesn't take a picture of EVERYTHING, but when he takes a picture he wants it to be perfect. Try taking a perfect picture of your wife holding two screaming children??!? Aerrrgh. Lol. So hey, perepere, I feel your pain. ;)

Hehe. I can totally picture this. At least Nana prefers to photograph things over people. Cuts down on the time required to get a perfect shot.

You're Tigger is really getting big!! sounds like Tigger's tummy was definitely having a refurb during the trip! Poor Tigger! Looks like you all have had a fun trip so far! It's nice to have the grands along! Tigger looks like he's really enjoying their company. Your mom cracks me up with her camera....reminds me of my DSIL....she drives the kids bat crap crazy....they have to pose for 100 pics before they get to do anything fun! Looking forward to your next installment!

Poor poor nieces/nephews!

And I'm back! Amazing how life just jumps right back in the way of everything. Only two weeks post vacation and I already feel like I need another one. We have no days off until April 30th! Woe!

So when I left you we were headed back to our room from a nice morning at the Magic Kingdom. I'm fairly certain there was some extensive napping by most parties involved. This evening Grizzly and I were supposed to go out on our date night to enjoy the Magic Kingdom extra magic hours which we haven't gotten to do in years. Nana and Pepere were supposed to watch Tigger.

Before heading out on our date I had the brilliant idea that we should all go take one of those surrey bikes for a trip around the lake. I had to practically drag everyone out of the house, and by drag I really mean I had to glare menacingly at Pepere until he reluctantly turned off his football game that he was watching. But we all left the house and headed for the bikes. I let Pepere be the driver thinking that he would enjoy that more than just pedalling. Now when I imagined a nice surrey bike ride I imagined a nice leisurely pace, being able to go slow and really take in the view, and perhaps a few cute laughs with family. NOT THE CASE. Around the lake are these 2 bridges that create 2 very large hills. Not large by walking standards, but large by surrey bike standards. You pretty much have to approach the hills at top surrey bike speed or you won't make it up the hill, and even at top surrey bike speed you still need to pedal your little tail off to make it up the hill. To make matters worse the boardwalk gets kind of busy on warm Florida evenings and making it up to top surrey bike speed without mowing down the pedestrians is not at all relaxing. It's down right terrifying, especially with a Pepere at the wheel who is unwilling to neither ring the bell nor steer in such a way as to avoid hitting the pedestrians. So our two laps around the lake went pretty much like this (voices mostly in my head):
Alright, we're on the bike, now let's pedal. OMG look at all those people watching the magician that we have to pedal through. Don't kill any of them. Why on earth didn't we just come down and watch the magician. Okay, no blood on our hands. Lets pick up speed. Go go go. And pedals are spinning so fast I can no longer keep my feet on them. Holding feet above wildly spinning pedals now, hoping they don't get hacked off by pedals spinning out of control. And giant hill of death. Pedal pedal pedal peeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddaaaaaaaaal. WE MADE IT TO THE TOP!!!!!!!! And now the bike is careening out of control down the hill. Look there's the Boardwalk, isn't it pretty! DON'T TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THE PATH. Dad ring the bell. Dad ring the bell. Dad ring the bell. DAD RING THE BELL. Oh shoot another hill. Pedal pedal pedal pedal peeeeeeeeeeedalllllll. WE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!! We are the best surrey bikers ever!. And oh my god there are even more people that we are not allowed to hit. Can we just hit a couple? Oh look, that super cute magician that we could be watching. But no, we get to take a surrey bike ride. And warp surrey bike speed here we come. Dad ring the bell. Dad ring the bell. Dad ring the bell. RING THE BELL!!!! And hill, go, pedal pedal pedal pedal peeeeeedddddaaaaalll. We made it! Why are we doing this again? Dad use the brake. Dad use the brake. Dad use the brake. Oh my god we are all going to die. Dad use the bell. Dad use the bell. Ring the bell. RING THE BELL!!!!! Hey look, there's the Boardwalk, isn't it pretty! Don't look over there, look at the path, don't hit him! Why aren't all these kids on leashes? This is why they invented leashes, it's for the surrey bikers. Dad ring the bell. Dad ring the bell. Oh god, another hill. Could they have made these bridges any higher. We......made......it. yeah. And look the magician is finished. We still have 10 minutes, we could go around again. (Everyone in family but me shouts No!)

And that concludes our first, and most likely last surrey bike ride around the BWV lake.

Up next our comedy of errors filled date night.

So by the time we set off on our date night I was rather aggravated because my Mom never offered to take Tigger off our hands. At 8:30 when we were so far behind I finally just gave up waiting for her to offer, and asked if she could get Tigger in bed once he finished his dinner. She agreed and we headed out. We decided to start our date night off with two of our favorite things, the salted milk chocolate caramel squares from Germany and a Safari Amber. We leisurely made our way over to Epcot. Grizzly was very certain that they were open until 11pm. We were in not big rush because I was very certain that the Magic Kingdom was open until 3am. We would learn by the end of the evening that neither of us are any good at reading times guides. We enter Epcot at 8:59 and before we even get to the bridge just to the right of the International Gateway the place goes dark and Illuminations starts. Oh no! Looking around us we begin to see that all the stores and kiosks are closed! No salted chocolate caramel square, no safari amber. Our yummy start to our date night turns into a walking sprint to beat the illuminations crowd to the monorail. And in case you were wondering, you cannot walk from the International Gateway the long way around the lake (towards France) and out of the park before Illuminations finishes. We are very very fast walkers, and we only made it to that strange closed down restaurant just past Mexico. Sigh. We zoomed past as many people as we could and actually managed to hop on a fairly empty monorail.

So since we were on a monorail and we were only adults. Surely, we should do a monorail tour and get some drinks. To 'save time' we decide to skip the actual monorail part of the tour and just walk to the Poly from the Ticket and Transportation Center. So we walked. And we walked and walked and walked, and Oh my goodness every building in the Poly looks the same! Till we finally found the big huge main building. We sat down at the bar, the bar tender looked right at us, and then walked away. After about 15 minutes of just sitting at the bar I actually set a timer on my phone. If the bartender was not back within 5 minutes we were leaving. At 4 minutes and 55 seconds he returned. All cheerful too, as if he had not left us sitting there drinkless for 20 minutes. While waiting we had perused through the drink menu and we were disappointed that it was exactly the same as Bay Lake Tower's Top of the World Lounge except with a different cover. We had settled on the most Polynesian option we found, a Hawaiin beer. Grizzly casually asked the bartender why there were vases of back scratchers and he said "oh, they're a garnish for a drink called the back scratcher" Then he whips out a different menu, a very Polynesian menu of drinks and shows us. GRRRRRRRR. 20 minutes and we had been staring at the wrong menu! No way were we going to wait another 20 minutes for this guy to come back, so we stuck with our beers and got the heck out of dodge. I was a little sad that I could have had a drink made in a pineapple though. I was also a little down this whole night because we had lost Tigger's headphones. Seems like such a little thing, but it really just got to me, and I was a little heart broken over it.

So from the Poly I wanted to walk over and check out the lobby of the Grand Floridian Villas. And once again we were denied! They lock up the place. So after illegally walking across grass (there is no path) to get to the front door, we had to walk back across the grass because we couldn't get in the building without a key. We made our way to the Grand Floridian and found a drink there in the second floor lounge. Again, we are taking our time because the Magic Kingdom is open until 3am. After our drink, from a much friendlier, much speedier waitress, we headed out to the monorail to take a ride to the MK. What would you know, denied!!!! Monorail shuts down at 11:00 and it was around 11:20pm. We were told bus or boat. Surely a boat would be faster right? So off we go to the boat. A boat arrives. Grizzly and I are giggly, and keep getting glares from this snooty couple. So we purposely sit right near them on the boat too. Hehe. Take that snooty couple. You see, I was wearing my Monsters University sweatshirt and the sweatshirt has 4 sleeves. At the Grand Floridan Bar Grizzly had seductively said "I LOVE your four arms." Except I, in my tipsiness heard "I LOVE your forearms." So I kept showing him my forearms and he would become enamored, and then we would both giggle. Anyways, inside jokes aside, the boat is off, but not to the Magic Kingdom, it's off to the Poly!!!!! We were just at the Poly. They are not nice there, don't make us go back! At some point, maybe the boat driver announced it, but we find out that extra magic hours ends at midnight. Huh? It's now 11:35 and we are headed away from the Magic Kingdom. We finally make it to the Magic Kingdom in time to sprint to Space Mountain and get in the standby line. The line appears long to shoo everyone away, but as soon as 12pm hits the entire line moves all the way down to the end of the line where we meet maybe 50 other guests. So don't be fooled! The 50 minute posted queue right before closing probably took 15 minutes. And then we went home. On the surface it was a very disappointing date night, but since so much went wrong by the end of the night we were just laughing and having a good time despite the follies, plus I have amazing forearms.

Up next. We get up bright and early for our Cape May breakfast followed by some Epcot fun.

:rotfl2: I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but your "date night" sounds like something that would happen to us! At least you made the best of it!

And that the reason we generally want nothing to do with GF/VGF. Too much snootiness! We couldn't even get a van to take us to see our guide! Now that could be fun....your family and Tigger, DH and I and SSRMonkey, Koala and their parents at GF....we'd all be thrown out for sure! We would give the snooty quite the lesson!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter