Spinoff of "beaters": How OLD was the 1st car you owned?

My first car was a 1977 El Camino in 1989. It was a piece of you know what. 12 years

Primer black except for the passenger door which was half red and white with chrome trim in the middle. The rest of the car did not have the chrome trim.

The heat was either on or off. I had to control it with a valve under the hood.

In the winter I had to scrape the inside of the window. The back window leaked and let in lots of moisture plus the defrost didn’t work.

It got me where I needed to go the majority of the time.

1978 Ford Fairmont. That was in 1990, so the car was only 12 years old, and it had no damage, but it felt OLD to this teenager at the time.

DD's first was the 2003 Grand Marquis I mentioned in the original thread. It was about 12 years old when she first got the car and it's still going strong as it edges toward 20 years old.

DS's first was a 1996 Toyota Corolla. It was 20 years old when he got the car. It only cost us $600 and we put another $400 into it (it had been sitting for about a year when we bought it). He got rid of it last year (gave it away to a friend in the Air Force who is still driving it) when he got himself a newer model of the same car.

It was a '88 Corolla and it had been my mom. I don't know that I "Owned" it but it was "my" car starting in about 1995. I guess it wasn't that old, but it went through some serious mileage!

I was lucky enough to be able to borrow mom or dad's car for the first 8 years after getting my licence.
The first car I finally bought was 5 years old.

My dad was a mechanic for a local dealership and brought me home a 1970 Chevy Impala. This was in 1978. He later traded that one in for a 1972 Impala and then a 1974 Nova which I loved. I still had it when I graduated in 1980 and got married the following year.

My first car was a brand new Ford Pinto. Kept it 16 years, until we needed a bigger car.

Oldest car I have ever purchased was my 1965 Mustang, it was 50 years old when I bought it 7 years ago.

My first car was a 1991 that I got in 1999. That’s the only used car I ever had. Drove it for 4 years.

It was the old family car. A banana yellow Pontiac Catalina 4 door. It was a monster. Six of my friends could sit in the back seat. It had a 400 cubic inch V8 so it was no slouch on the highway either. It was a 69 and I was driving it around 77, so 8 years old.

My first car was a 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera, I bought it in February of 1999. I have never owned a car made in the same decade in which I bought it. The closest I came was a 1999 Chevy Lumina I bought in 2002. My current vehicle is a 2006 Ford Freestar that I bought in 2015.

The first car I bought myself was a 1980 mustang. It was 4 years old and the biggest heap of junk I ever drove.
Then I bought a 69 cutlass to replace it somewhere around 85-86.
I replaced that in 1989 with a Toyota Tercel bought new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter