Spinoff of "beaters": How OLD was the 1st car you owned?

I had a 1986 Mercury Lynx in 1989.
Our first major purchase after getting married was a brand new 1983 Mercury Lynx 2 door. Only kept it 16 years as we out grew it. Not a good family car and my wife and kids cried when we traded it in on a "family" car, a used 1991 Dodge Spirit.

1984 Mustangs are VERY cool. Just go to any Cars and Coffee gathering in your area. Known as the Fox Body. And a very popular pursuit vehicle with Police Departments because they were FAST.
Maybe it depends on the version. I can't recall if mine was a 4 or 6 cylinder, but either way, it didn't have the prestige or beauty of the 60's Mustangs.

First car, 1981 Cutlass Supreme. It was big, green, and gifted for a short while by my parents as I saved to buy my own.

First car I saved for, 1984 Silver Nissan 200SX with a fast back. I LOVED that car.

Mine was a 1974 Ford Maverick in 1990. So as old as me - 16 years. It was a piece of crap. Next year at 50 I'll be buying my first brand new car.

Maybe it depends on the version. I can't recall if mine was a 4 or 6 cylinder, but either way, it didn't have the prestige or beauty of the 60's Mustangs.
As the owner of a restored 1965 Mustang I can appreciate that. But a 1984 Mustang today is almost 40 years old and a classic in it's own right. Highly collectable now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter