Split stay mugs

Or you have different names in the reservation. Keep the same lead name but add a child and remove every other day.
That might not work consistently if it's the same family but it can depending on how it's structured, still have to check in again and no guarantee to stay in the same room.

That might not work consistently if it's the same family but it can depending on how it's structured, still have to check in again and no guarantee to stay in the same room.
I’ve done this three times now and have never had to check in and out. It works pretty well.

I’ve done this three times now and have never had to check in and out. It works pretty well.
Sometimes they'll check you in up front for both segments but it's hit or miss.

Sometimes they'll check you in up front for both segments but it's hit or miss.

I'm sure it is hit or miss -- but in my experience...it is way more hit than miss.

As an aside -- I actually learned of this technique from one of the DVC concierges at VGF. I was in the midst of doing a checkin/checkout and she straight up told me that she recommends it to families and that she has had several regulars do single night bookings with doing the dining plan every other night. It is certainly no secret. She also told me that if you request up front -- it's almost never going to happen where you have to move rooms.

I'm sure it is hit or miss -- but in my experience...it is way more hit than miss.

As an aside -- I actually learned of this technique from one of the DVC concierges at VGF. I was in the midst of doing a checkin/checkout and she straight up told me that she recommends it to families and that she has had several regulars do single night bookings with doing the dining plan every other night. It is certainly no secret. She also told me that if you request up front -- it's almost never going to happen where you have to move rooms.
My experience has been the other way, I've had to check in again on 3 occasions. It might vary by resort, I have no way of knowing. Still, for every time you have the same room type booked, they might combine them and cancel the DP even if the names are slightly different if they can tell it's the same family. The point being that there is uncertainty and no way to guarantee there won't be such issues without guaranteeing a room change and/or new checkin.

Funny thing is that I also was at VGF a few weeks ago and the concierge was telling me on how many people end up having multiple nights booked as separate reservations and just how many end up having to move! That it was really quite a mess for some people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter