Springtime Surprise Weekend 2024 (April 18-21)

Is Tink not currently meetable in any of the parks? I had originally thought I'd be able to see her at the town square theater for a medal photo, but it looks like it's just Mickey in there now? And the app doesn't list her at all.

I'm pretty sure they started the 'half of a half' 15min early during MW because of the line of storms. They announced it somewhere between 4 and 6pm the night before, updated the guide (and runners crashed the page with everyone checking for the time and course changes.)

And in 2022 they expedited the start of the marathon due to higher predicted temperatures (not 2021 high, but probably enough that they didn't want a repeat) and got everyone across the start line in about 40min instead of 60.

2020 was the hottest marathon on record, and it was a delayed start because busses got stuck in traffic and people were running down the road to get to the starting line. 2021 went virtual after initially trying to have it in person. For 2022, my watch data shows the starting temp was 62 degrees and 87% humidity, compared to 70 degrees and 94% humidity in 2020.

Hit snooze this morning and almost missed everything! Slept for an hour past alarm. My eyes just opened and it took me a hot second to figure out what happened and then it was rush mode. The greeter at Pop told the line we were bus 24 and all had been full. There are a lot of runners at Pop! Will try to get my act together for the 10k!

Just wanna say thank you to everyone for all the help for us first timers. had a great time at the expo and did great for my first real run since my injury last year!
Interesting, mine didn't have the Lance peanut butter crackers but had the Sunflower Kernels instead. :confused3
same but I like the kernels over crackers lol and I didn’t get m&ms I have skittles

Is Tink not currently meetable in any of the parks? I had originally thought I'd be able to see her at the town square theater for a medal photo, but it looks like it's just Mickey in there now? And the app doesn't list her at all.
Tink is just in the parade the meet spot is a dead zone aside from Jack & Sally at parties
Interesting, mine didn't have the Lance peanut butter crackers but had the Sunflower Kernels instead. :confused3
Sunflower kernels & skittles in mine

Is Stitch meeting at the expo? I usually just run in to grab my bib but my daughter loves Stitch so I'll take her if he's meeting. Thanks! Congrats on the 5k everyone!

2020 was the hottest marathon on record, and it was a delayed start because busses got stuck in traffic and people were running down the road to get to the starting line. 2021 went virtual after initially trying to have it in person. For 2022, my watch data shows the starting temp was 62 degrees and 87% humidity, compared to 70 degrees and 94% humidity in 2020.
Right. I did mess up the year 🤦🏻‍♀️

But they were talking about it a lot during pre races in ‘22 like they were going to be even more conservative so they didn’t have a 2020 repeat.

Right. I did mess up the year 🤦🏻‍♀️

But they were talking about it a lot during pre races in ‘22 like they were going to be even more conservative so they didn’t have a 2020 repeat.
Yeah they’re too big of a field with too many inexperienced runners to be cavalier. See the half-half marathon in Jan for a good example

Hit snooze this morning and almost missed everything! Slept for an hour past alarm. My eyes just opened and it took me a hot second to figure out what happened and then it was rush mode. The greeter at Pop told the line we were bus 24 and all had been full. There are a lot of runners at Pop! Will try to get my act together for the 10k!
I have this fear and set three alarms on my iPhone just in case I hit snooze.

Ok, I know I saw it somewhere either here or in the digital guide but can't find it now.

Where can I find the info on linking photo pass from this weekend to view the pics?

Ok, I know I saw it somewhere either here or in the digital guide but can't find it now.

Where can I find the info on linking photo pass from this weekend to view the pics?
It is usually on the back of your bib. I am not participating in SS this weekend, so it might not be there. But that's the first place I'd look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter