• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSI Info. Longish.

For SSI for DS, we got our appointment very quickly and we were sent a letter the forms in advance. Called "Disability Report Adult". They wanted them brought to appointment all filled in. It was pretty lengthy (10 pages plus) and they wanted lots of details, all surgeries, dates, doctors, meds. It took me a couple hours to fill out and that stuff is easy for me to do. There is no way I could have filled it out there. It may be this is only an intake appointment and she will have to go back with everything they determine they need from her.

Go to www.ssa.gov and there is plenty of information there. Also a publication that breaks down what they count as income and all they calculate in to determine everything. My copy is SSA Publication 05-11011

What it says on there you have to bring are: SS card, birth certificate, info on home such as mortgage or lease, payroll slips, bank books, car registration, insurance policies, and other income info, names addresses phone numbers of all doctors, hospitals and clinics who have seen you, proof of US citizenship.

Again, they may be doing an intake and this info may pertain to a followup visit. We took everything the first visit and have never needed any followup visits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter