SSR - How close to full?

CinderellaPug

Mouseketeer
Has anyone heard how close SSR is to completing their dvc sales? I saw the other day that construction is now complete. If it is close, maybe Disney will indeed make some sort of announcement in October about new DVC resorts.

Also, how are sales at AKV? It seems like it started very strong and I wonder if that is still the case?

Thanks,

CP pug: pug:

The last I heard was around the end of the year SSR should be sold out. They are really pushing SSR over AKL at the Disneyland Resort, due to the fact that many people out here have never been to WDW. Unless you understand how great the Animal Kingdom lodge is, the decore is somewhat shocking. SSR has a more mainstream decore, so that is what most people out here are buying. Also I can personally say that AKV models look quite better in person than they do in Disney's photos. (The model we have at DLR is an exact replica of a SSR two bedroom) I do know that AKL sales elsewhere are quite strong.

According to documents on the Orange County site, it appears that they are currently selling the last portion of the 2nd Grandstand building (16th building overall). So it would seem just over 2 buildings to sell.

The sales pace seems to be about 1 building every 3 months or so.

So probably sold out in 6-9 months. That's mostly on target I think.

Time to buy up your last add-on points, methink.

(The model we have at DLR is an exact replica of a SSR two bedroom) I do know that AKL sales elsewhere are quite strong.
Supposedly the Chicago models are of AKV 2 bedroom. With SSr being close to selling out guess they want to start pushing AKV, doubt if a contemporary DVC would compete much with AKV seems like two completly different themes and probably would atract different members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter