SSR-New Section?

PinkTink63

DIS Veteran
Has anyone seen pictures or plans for the new phase at SSR? (Especially the new water feature!)

Thanks!

I would also like to see pictures of the new phase of SSR. I'm staying at SSR in April with family.

Well, I actually peeked over the construction wall to look at it. Pool looks larger than a quiet pool. There also seems to be some other water features, but construction wasn't far enough to be able to figure out what they will be. Word I heard was that the folks at BCV will be jealous :stir:

nuts said:
Well, I actually peeked over the construction wall to look at it. Pool looks larger than a quiet pool. There also seems to be some other water features, but construction wasn't far enough to be able to figure out what they will be. Word I heard was that the folks at BCV will be jealous :stir:

:woohoo: :woohoo: I can't wait! Thanks for peeking! :goodvibes

Anyone else?

Im interested to see/hear what anyone else knows

Thanks
Angela

We are going down in 4 weeks and just returned about 3 weeks ago. It looked real neat from the Bus as we went pass it. We are staying at SSR this time so I will make my way over to it.

I know it has a Race track theam with some starting gates up all ready and other track things going on in the pool area.

I'mNoPrince,

Can you please advise when you get back when Grandstand will open. We are goin in early September and would love to stay there. Thanks in advance.

rie4630 said:
I'mNoPrince,

Can you please advise when you get back when Grandstand will open. We are goin in early September and would love to stay there. Thanks in advance.

We asked when we were at DTD last month and they were tight lipped or just didn't know . I will check again and get some photos as well .

We were just there and I do have pictures of it but no idea how to post them. I was told the first building will be available for guests in Feb. It looks like it is going to be really cool and a great location.

Do you know how to email them? I would he happy to host and post them. :) Or do you want a walkthrough of how to post pictures? Cause I think we NEEED to see them!

corinnak said:
Do you know how to email them? I would he happy to host and post them. :) Or do you want a walkthrough of how to post pictures? Cause I think we NEEED to see them!

Ditto! (On the NEEED to see them, that is!)
I must say, I wouldn't be too much help on how to post them, but I'm dying to see pictures! :goodvibes

PinkTink63 said:
Has anyone seen pictures or plans for the new phase at SSR? (Especially the new water feature!)

Thanks!
i was at SSR this past week, and the Caursel section was open. The Grandstand section was still being built. I stayed in building #65-68 of the Paddocks (Room #6811).

any news on what new things are coming for SSR? I have heard a great pool complex and restaurant? any body in the know?? thanks;)

Just bought into SSR, and were there for the 1st time in November. We like the resort ver ymuch, but feel it needs a dedicated rest., and felt the pool was small.... would love, love, a grill/bar/sandwhich place at the pool!!

not sure if it's just a rumor or not, but I do remember hearing that the Grandstand would have something along the lines of Stormalong bay in it.

hi there! we just came back last week and the Grandstand is on the new maps of SSR that you recieve at check-in. The first building will open in Feb and the second will be open in March. The second building is the one closest to the main road. We did not peek over the wall (sorry!) but it looks great and I'm thinking of requesting for my Dec stay. First building to open is rooms 8101 - 8436 , second building is 8501-8836

hope that helps!

Michelle:cloud9:

Just returned a week ago from SSR. I had tried various times to get over to the grandstand area during the day but many men working and construction equipment everywhere. On the morning of our return I took a walk over at 5am and did a little looking around. The pool was already filled with water, it is not shaped like the other two quiet pools but more like rectangle with rounded corners. It might be the size of the quiet pool in congress park.

It looks like they will have a pool bar and refill station like high rock springs.

The buildings have wonderful views of the golf course or pool. I think it is going to be a great area to request.

I have yet to download my pictures, not sure how they will turn out in the dark but there was some lights on.

Well, it's not much. Maybe someone more gutsy or earlier out the door or located closer to the center of the resort will get something better, but here it is for a start. I took these on our last day at SSR, and as there were workers working, and I was minutes away from making us miss the ferry to DTD as it was, I didn't dare get too close. Still, it's looking good over there. The rumor I heard from one of the bellmen was that they would start opening in March. That was what he had heard, he said.

These are just standing right in front of the:

IMG_5065-1.jpg

IMG_5062-1.jpg

IMG_5063-1.jpg

And walking down to the right hand side, near the parking lot, I was able to get this of the presumed pool building:

IMG_5066-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter