SSRMonkey Trip Report--I'm kind of a big deal

SSRmonkey

Mouseketeer
As you can tell from the TR title, I'm getting ready for the release of Anchorman 2, but while I'm waiting, I was lucky enough to have Mom and Dad bring me back to my favorite place...SSR! Mom, Dad, Koala and I are here for a whole week and we can't wait to get into some trouble. Actually, Mom and Dad just want to "Relax" (another shameless Will Farrell movie reference), but Koala and I are ready to party.

We tried to go to EOS for lunch, but were too hungry to wait the estimated 45 minutes it would have taken to get through the line, so we went to Wetzel's instead. Since the big Wetzel's is now closed, we were afraid the little Wetzel's wouldn't be as good, but it definitely was. Delicious!

We checked in shortly after noon today and our room was ready. It's a good thing too, because I almost had a meltdown in the lobby. Can someone please explain to me why children's shoes are sold with squeakers in them that are activated by every stinking step the kid takes. And since their legs are so short, they are quick and have to take a lot of steps. Perhaps there is a good reason for these squeakers, but it was lost on me. I might have to launch an investigative report with Veronica Corningstone.

Our room is in The Springs, the one section we have never stayed in. We usually like to be above the ground floor, but our view is nice and it's quiet (until Koala and I get a hold of some caffeine). We enjoyed the patio for a bit.

DSC05430_zps7b1d33f8.jpg

DSC05433_zpsd04fda0d.jpg

We decided to head to the ticket and transportation center to pick up our annual passes and then go to MK for a bit before it closed for MVMCP. No problem getting the passes, but we couldn't link our AP there and had to go to Guest Relations at MK. When we got there, the line was really long, so we just used the actual AP. Mom discovered later that the linking she tried to do online with the My Disney Experience App had worked and everything was linked up.

After a quick trip to the confectionary to see if they had celebration fudge (they did not), we headed to Pirates. It was a good ride, but the water cannons weren't working. That was a little disappointing, but at least I didn't get wet. We walked over toward BTMRR and it was a no go. The line was super long. So we headed over to Winnie the Pooh. We didn't want to wait that long either, so we went to Buzz. Got in line and then the line stopped moving. After not moving for about 5 minutes and no one came out through the gift shop, we decided to go pick up our big Mickey head rice krispie and go get something for dinner.

DSC05434_zpsecae998c.jpg

After a stop at Panera, we headed to the outlet mall for a bit.

We saw this...I'm not kidding.

Image_zps256f1084.jpg

After that epic find, we thought we better head back to SSR to get ready for tomorrow. We have a FP+ at 9:10am for Soarin. Sweet!

There's a new episode of Finding Bigfoot on now--can't ever have enough Bobo. Then it's off to bed.

Tomorrow we'll start at Epcot and see where the adventure takes us. Until tomorrow, you stay classy, planet earth.

I'm so glad you made it there safely. Sorry about the EOS line being too long. Hopefully you'll make it back to eat there. I wonder if they turned to water cannons off to avoid wet monkey and koala fur? I think they knew you were coming. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

And I love all the anchorman references.

You were looking quite dapper in that tux shirt! Glad your drive ended safely. Sorry about EoS. That happened to us in October. At least you can try again. Can't wait to hear how your morning at Epcot is going.

Awww I missed you. I came home last Monday. We shall meet one day. Have a great time and enjoy the Christmas festivities like I did.

Hello SSRMonkey! Looks like you, Koala and the 'rents are off to a good start! we too were shunned from EOS due to a 45 minute wait and since we had small people with us (sans squeaker shoes) it was a no go. I plan to fully make up for that in 2 weeks! I can't wait to see what shenanigans you and Koala were up to today. Have fun!

Today was a great day and I wish it wasn’t over. This morning we had FP to Soarin, so we headed there after a big breakfast consisting of Honey Nut Cheerios and leche (skim, of course). Epcot was not busy today at all, so before going to Soarin we thought we would head to TT and see if we could get FP for sometime in the morning. We got them for 10:15! So we went to Soarin and got in the front row close to the middle! It was an awesome ride (as usual). We thought we better take a spin in a shell and headed over to Nemo.

Koala was a bit confused about this—I had to explain it to him.

DSC05444_zps47963fed.jpg

After a long, drawn-out explanation followed by a Q&A session, I decided to try to speak with the fish for a while. Speak, not sleep with the fishes.

DSC05446_zps164cf8c8.jpg

Then I tried my hand at being a game show host. Drew Carey has nothing on me. Well, except a lot of money…and Plinko.

DSC05447_zpsbd5744f5.jpg

We wandered over to France and saw these cool peppermints. They are huge! I sniffed it to make sure it was real…and then my face got stuck to it. You know how candy gets sticky when it’s humid? That happens with HUGE candy too. FYI…

DSC05448_zps2d5f2129.jpg

Did you guys know the Arc de Triomphe is this small? It’s a little underwhelming.

DSC05449_zpse44fe320.jpg

And the Eiffel Tower is even smaller? What’s going on here?

DSC05450_zps8ea5d558.jpg

Koala asked Ratatouille if he could use grape soda instead of wine in recipes. The answer was no. (At least I think no means no in French.)

DSC05452_zpsb3019c0a.jpg

Koala was a little disappointed until he found these.

DSC05454_zpsf4abc7d8.jpg

I decided I wanted to paint a picture. I call it Flowers with Random Fruit. Prints will be on sale next week.

DSC05457_zps95acd753.jpg

Bonjour, Ladies.

DSC05459_zpsf990c447.jpg

Ok, why does Napoleon always have his hand in his vest like this? Did he eat fiberglass insulation and now have an itchy stomach?

DSC05456_zps691ab730.jpg

We ate at the refurbished bakery in France. It was delicious. Koala got a baguette and starting hitting me, but I quickly put an end to that by poking him with a statue of the Eiffel Tower that was even smaller than the real one that was in the Christmas ornament.

After lunch, we did a quick trip around the rest of the world and then stopped at Mouse Gear to try on some new hats.

Mom is afraid of Darth Vader because my Aunt used to follow her around breathing like Darth Vader. Not cool when you are little. So this helmet was vetoed. Son of a bee sting.

DSC05463_zps03c64d4c.jpg

You’d think she would be afraid of this, but no…
DSC05464_zps48097f7a.jpg

It actually looks a lot like dad’s Flair Hair.

We headed back to SSR for some pool time and then went to Disney Quest where mom got to drive even more terribly than usual and ran over a bunch of people while playing Crazy Taxi. Koala and I played some Frogger and Pac Man. Awesome!

Then we got to EOS for an early dinner. Koala and I shared a Holiday!! It was fantastic. They also have a ham version.

Dad wanted to check out a golf store, so we went there. While mom and dad were looking around, Koala and I had battles with the head covers. Bubba was getting eaten by a shark. To be fair, it was a Tiger Shark, so it made sense.

We did some research on these squeaky shoes. They are officially called Squeaker Shoes ™ and are available for sale online. I would highly recommend that you NOT buy these unless you want everyone in a 5 mile radius to be aware of every step your child takes.

I do, however, think these shoes would have other applications that would be less annoying. Think, for instance, if you have a problem known as barking spiders. These would be perfect. And I would sell them in a value pack with Febreze. By the beard of Zeus, I’m a genius!

Tomorrow we are probably going to head back to MK in the morning and then mom gets to go the baking store. If we survive the trip through the ‘hood to get there. Fingers crossed, people.

I love lamp.

Hey! I'm so glad to be on board here. I saw on FB that you were enjoying an Earl Sandwich and just thought to come over to the DVC board and check for new TRs! I'm glad I'm in on the beginning!

I'm so glad you made it there safely. Sorry about the EOS line being too long. Hopefully you'll make it back to eat there. I wonder if they turned to water cannons off to avoid wet monkey and koala fur? I think they knew you were coming. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

And I love all the anchorman references.

That's good thinking--maybe they did turn of the cannons because of that horrible wet monkey smell.

You were looking quite dapper in that tux shirt! Glad your drive ended safely. Sorry about EoS. That happened to us in October. At least you can try again. Can't wait to hear how your morning at Epcot is going.

Thanks. I wanted a suit and tie, but Mom and Dad thought that a suit and tie tshirt would be better. And it's less constricting so I can practice my Justin TImberlake moves.

Hello SSRMonkey! Looks like you, Koala and the 'rents are off to a good start! we too were shunned from EOS due to a 45 minute wait and since we had small people with us (sans squeaker shoes) it was a no go. I plan to fully make up for that in 2 weeks! I can't wait to see what shenanigans you and Koala were up to today. Have fun!

Haha. Shunned. Brings back good memories for Koala and his time in Amish country. EOS also has pumpkin spice cupcakes and peppermint brownies. I didn't try any, but they sounded good. And Ghiaredelli has fee samples of peppermint bark. It definitely is the most wonderful time of the year. :)

You had a great day at Epcot. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourselves yesterday. It sounds just about perfect. Those holiday desserts at EoS sound mighty tasty - you'll have to sneak back over while mom and dad are resting and try some for us.

Good luck navigating the dangerous streets of greater Orlando. Remember if trouble comes, just shout - LOUD NOISES!

The following is based on actual events. Only the names, locations and events have been changed. Just kidding!!!

This morning we went to MK. We decided to take the boat, but it took forever! We were running late, but had to stop to sing a song with this guy.
DSC05471_zps10173ee9.jpg

We almost missed our FP time for BTMRR, but we made it there with about 3 minutes to spare. As usual it was an excellent ride, but I still like it better at night. We had a great view of the possums and goats, though.

After that, we went over to HM to visit the Happy Haunts. That floating head lady really freaks me out. I think they should let me take a stab at that some day. I can be scary.

Then we headed over to Buzz. Mom and Dad were both shown no mercy from Zurg and they were too humiliated to try again today. They will have to work on their strategy and maybe will have more luck at MVMCP later this week.

We had a less than stellar experience at the Laugh Floor. It wasn’t terrible, but I think they had the rookies working today. It was a little slow. Not molasses slow, but more like caramel syrup slow.

It was time for Pooh…the ride, not a bathroom break. After bouncing and floating along, we decided it was time to head back to Main Street and walk through the shops. It’s a good thing we did because I got to meet these lovely ladies.

DSC05482_zps1ba4e398.jpg

Victoria Trumpetto and Hildegard Olivia Harding. Victoria asked Dad to sing for her, but he declined. Our conversation was interrupted by this guy, Chief Smokey Miller.

DSC05498_zps67a910af.jpg

He looks a lot like Big Al from CBJ. He said that I couldn’t ride the fire truck today, but if I’m really good, maybe Santa would let me ride with him in the parade. I’ll keep my paws crossed.

We checked out the baked goods and Chellymouse, they have the gingerbread cookies again! And they are wearing no pants pants.

DSC05502_zps8397a38b.jpg

I like the shortbread ones with the pants. They were giving away samples of the caramel apples. They gave us one that was covered in caramel, then white chocolate, then sugar. It was amazing, but I don’t know how anyone could eat a whole one. And now I know why they cost $9.99 per apple.

Koala checked out these gingerbread houses.

DSC05503_zpsd26e6301.jpg

He helped Grandma make an awesome gingerbread house at home last week. (Grandma did 99% of the work.)

photo_zps34a66855.jpg

We hopped on the monorail and went to Subway for lunch. I love that they have swiss cheese here.

Now we’re going to put on our SWAT gear and head to the baking store in Orlando. I hope we come back in one piece covered in sugar. And we’re going to listen to some Aqualung on the way.

You had a great day at Epcot. I'm so glad you enjoyed yourselves yesterday. It sounds just about perfect. Those holiday desserts at EoS sound mighty tasty - you'll have to sneak back over while mom and dad are resting and try some for us.

Good luck navigating the dangerous streets of greater Orlando. Remember if trouble comes, just shout - LOUD NOISES!

LOUD NOISES!!!! Hahahaha! I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!! :)

OMG!!! I can't believe you got to sing with the Dapper Dans and hang out with the Main St ladies and the fire chief. Some monkeys have all the luck.

Be safe in the hood. I made my first and only trek into the hood last year. I didn't want to go but I was outvoted. And I ended up missing fireworks because of it. Never again.

OMG! I'm laughing myself silly! the Squatch looked at me funny and asked what I was doing and mentioned your TR.....he then started laughing about the Pooh....the ride, not the bathroom break! I'm relieved...thanks so much for finding the cookies! Please save me one! I will have to save room for a pumpkin cupcake at EOS! hope you had a safe trip through the hood! Poor mom and dad.....hope they get a shot a Buzz! How exciting you got to sing on Main St! Can't wait for the next installment!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter