Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2021 (April 15-18, 2021) - Now Virtual Only

Also, any word so far on whether or not we'll need to wear masks during the runs?
I know if your running the resort trails presently you need a mask (you can only take them off in room, in the pool, actively eating or in relaxation zones)
I’d assume IF live racing is back by then masks will at the very least be required for pre/post race transport & staging

Anyone care to venture a guess on whether or not AKL will be open for this particular race weekend?
We will be making a quick trip of this if we go. Probably just a long weekend bc of school. I'll have 2 park tickets leftover from our canceled trip from this March. Where do folks like to stay when it is for a short trip/long weekend for a race? We're usually value resort people bc we go to the parks first thing and stay till they close (and..you know....$$$$$). But this will be a shorter trip and we want to maximize our time since we rely on Dis transportation while we're there. Also, any word so far on whether or not we'll need to wear masks during the runs?

AKL will open when there is enough demand for it to open. It isn't there yet and I think a lot of economic/Covid factors will influence that.

We're DVC members so we tend to stay at DVC. I actually have a AKV 1 Bedroom Value Booked for this race weekend but 'm not sure I would recommend AKL-Jambo House to people without a vehicle in the new COVID environment. We are ok driving in if needed.

I would probably look at Rivera, Boardwalk, Beach Club if I wanted to splurge currently. Swan & Dolphin are also good options.

No words on masks yet.

For what it’s worth, none of the in person races that I’ve seen actually put out a plan have required masks during the race. They’re typically required right up to the start line and immediately after finishing. I’d be extremely surprised if they were mandated during the races at Disney.

I'll go ahead and predict a 0% chance they hold a race requiring masks on the entire time. If things are still that bad, the races will be canceled. I really think the greatly reduced race capacities for 2021 reflect an interest in figuring out a way to race with social distancing in place because there's just no way at all they can enforce a mask policy in a race.

I'll go ahead and predict a 0% chance they hold a race requiring masks on the entire time. If things are still that bad, the races will be canceled. I really think the greatly reduced race capacities for 2021 reflect an interest in figuring out a way to race with social distancing in place because there's just no way at all they can enforce a mask policy in a race.
That is what I would think (and hope for) too.

I'm in for the Challenge & Virtual! I had three devices running a total of four different windows. I got in first on my tablet (running over a cell network rather than my home Internet) AND the one that I opened last. This makes sense how? Anyway, it is what it is. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter