Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2021 (April 15-18, 2021) - Now Virtual Only

This board's FOMO inducing is really bad for everyone's bank accounts.

I'm still resisting registering for the 5k, but the dark side is calling...
Ya it is!! I really had no plans to do this race....saw the thread at the top, clicked it, read it all and now we're registered and I'm already putting mouse ears in my Etsy cart! I'll add to your FOMO with a YOLO!

Anyone else get the email to redeem your registration and the link is NOT working!? FWIW I signed up with Acclaim Travel. I've also sent them an email to see if they know what's going on. This is my first time registering through a TA so I'm probably hyper sensitive. I just want to keep my perfect status aliv

Anyone else get the email to redeem your registration and the link is NOT working!? FWIW I signed up with Acclaim Travel. I've also sent them an email to see if they know what's going on. This is my first time registering through a TA so I'm probably hyper sensitive. I just want to keep my perfect status aliv
I have not received mine yet...

I asked in an email about kids' dashes. It sounds like it depends on the COVID situation, since those shorter races are harder to socially distance. I wouldn't expect registration to open until much closer to race day (Marathon Weekend's kids races haven't opened yet).

Thanks for the info. I figured it was something like that. She also "ran" (I had to keep pushing her to get it done!) in 2018 and it was like 97 degrees and super-humid so I don't think she'll be all that disappointed if she doesn't have to run it next year.

There is an issue with the links, per Travel Agent. They are working on it, so you may have to try again later today.

I really hope this is due to less demand and not substantially higher race capacity. I just do not think things will be "normal" enough by then to handle the usual numbers.
I'm thinking that being set up to harvest money via a virtual option now if need be factors in, too.

There is an issue with the links, per Travel Agent. They are working on it, so you may have to try again later today.
I just received one of my links and was able to register for the Rival Run Challenge. I’m still waiting on one for the 5k.

I just received one of my links and was able to register for the Rival Run Challenge. I’m still waiting on one for the 5k.
Thank you both! I was able to access the link and I'm now registered for the Rival Run Challenge + Kessel. I also got the email for the 5K and was able to complete that registration without issue.

Star Wars Rival Run Challenge - sold out

Kessel Run Challenge is still open.
I guess my hopes of getting the challenge through my travel agent just went with it. I was already in for Kessel but the presale challenge slots through my travel agent were gone.

I guess my hopes of getting the challenge through my travel agent just went with it. I was already in for Kessel but the presale challenge slots through my travel agent were gone.

I don't think you need a TA this year. The Kessel Run Challenge (10K, Half and Virtual Half) is still open. If you already have the Virtual call RunDisney and see if you can upgrade.

I don't think you need a TA this year. The Kessel Run Challenge (10K, Half and Virtual Half) is still open. If you already have the Virtual call RunDisney and see if you can upgrade.
Thanks for the heads up. I called runDisney and they told me that once I am registered for the races I want, then I can call them and they will refund me the races I already registered for minus the change fee which I was looking at anyways. Since Kessel Run + Rival Run is still available, I went ahead and registered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter