Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2021 (April 15-18, 2021) - Now Virtual Only

Note to future me when April rolls around....

“Dear Self,
Why did you register for this after you finally decided NOT to register. You just had to check the website on Wednesday and see that stuff was still available. When will you ever learn?”
P.S Best of luck on your first half marathon. :-)

HAHA I have always wanted to do Star Wars weekend! When you designate light or dark side on the registration, does this mean anything? Do you get a different colored bib or anything based on which side you pick?

There are different bibs for Light Side and Dark Side.

I can't see this event going off. Nothing seems to be improving. Be careful when traveling. Save receipts to get your refund.

What was the purpose of this? The experts have no idea what things will be like a month or two from now, much less 8 months from now. There are vaccines in final clinical trials targeting availability at the end of the year or early next year, if things go well, that have the potential to change things dramatically. I fail to see the need to come in at registration time and essentially just try to cr*p on people’s moods who are enjoying a brief respite from the negativity of the current situation.

I can't see this event going off. Nothing seems to be improving. Be careful when traveling. Save receipts to get your refund.

Why, thank you so much. Gosh darn, the concept that the race might be canceled would never have occurred to any of us who regularly participate in this board, particularly those of us who dealt with the 2020 Star Wars weekend being canceled last minute when Covid-19 was less prevalent. You sir/ma'am/preferred alternate title have truly done us a service by pointing out the possibility the event may not occur. I hope you have a nice day and enjoy the other boards. :) /s

Well then, I’m happy to give runDisney their 6th interest free tiny loan from me.
+1 I'm a raging realist when it comes to all things both Disney and COVID, and fully admit I have no idea if this race weekend will happen or not, but if it does, I want to be part of it! So if rD wants to use my registration money to prop itself up for a while, I'm okay with that.

Just catching up here, Wine&Dine cancelled and I'm going through Disney run withdrawal...saw the Challenge is already sold out, so I'm wondering (and again just catching up to the latest bits of how things are working these days)-if travel providers still offer bibs and if so where do I find the list?

Just catching up here, Wine&Dine cancelled and I'm going through Disney run withdrawal...saw the Challenge is already sold out, so I'm wondering (and again just catching up to the latest bits of how things are working these days)-if travel providers still offer bibs and if so where do I find the list?

I think TAs sold out of their bib allotment very early in the process, unfortunately. You might have better luck looking for a charity partner with available bibs.

As long as you're willing to pay for the Kessel Run Challenge (+$69 I believe), there are still challenge slots available.directly from rundisney. Only difference is you'll get 2 extra medals, one for completing the virtual half marathon plus one for doing the kessel challenge. So you'll end up getting 5 medals in total (kessel, virtual, rival run challenge, half, 10k) instead of 3 (rival run challenge, half, 10k)

“Dear Self,
Why did you register for this after you finally decided NOT to register. You just had to check the website on Wednesday and see that stuff was still available. When will you ever learn?”
P.S Best of luck on your first half marathon. :-)
I was nervous as all get out the day before my first half marathon. I vividly remember talking in line for Peter Pan's Flight at Disneyland with a couple wearing their marathon weekend shirts. They reassured me and told me I would do just great. I truly thought they were being polite because I feared I was about to fail spectacularly. The next morning around between mile 12 and 13, who do I see along the course? That very same friendly couple. Little did I know that everything they told me the morning before would turn out to be true. Including the part about me growing to love this. Even after that first race, there were many things I thought I could never do as a runner. Little did I know just how wrong I was. I'm still not very fast, but I still cross that finish line upright and having fun. So have fun. You've got this. Training really does work.
As of this morning, the Rival Run Challenge with Kessel Run Challenge is still available. So if you really want the Rival Run Challenge, it's still available albeit with an extra cost and extra medal.
As long as you're willing to pay for the Kessel Run Challenge (+$69 I believe), there are still challenge slots available.directly from rundisney. Only difference is you'll get 2 extra medals, one for completing the virtual half marathon plus one for doing the kessel challenge. So you'll end up getting 5 medals in total (kessel, virtual, rival run challenge, half, 10k) instead of 3 (rival run challenge, half, 10k)
Random fun fact. Star Wars race weekend is the only race weekend besides marathon weekend where you can earn 6 medals. Virtual Half, 5K, 10K, Half, Challenge, and Kessel Run. Plus who doesn't want a Millennium Falcon medal?

I just need the weekend to happen now.
Me (us) too! My kids and I are having some major Disney withdrawal. Spring break trip=canceled. Rescheduled to summer=canceled. Re-rescheduled to Dec=who knows but fingers crossed. But my kids have never done a runDisney event and I think it is a great "reason" for us to get back in shape (lots of snacking and Netflix'ing since March) and if it so happens that it gets cancelled then we'll be disappointed but in better shape. There's no way they could not have regular registration and then, if things are improved, pull off the race. This is the only way to do it, and from the sounds of the last 2 cancellations, you don't have to argue to get a refund. And let's be honest, for me at least....planning a Disney trip is fun too so it at least gives us the feeling like we're going if we have something on the books to look forward to. A fun mental game we play with ourselves and WIN!!!

Well then, I’m happy to give runDisney their 6th interest free tiny loan from me.
+1 I'm a raging realist when it comes to all things both Disney and COVID, and fully admit I have no idea if this race weekend will happen or not, but if it does, I want to be part of it! So if rD wants to use my registration money to prop itself up for a while, I'm okay with that.

Exactly!

I have asthma, so regardless of whether the race happens, I'm not traveling until I feel safe (which likely means until I get a vaccine). Yet I'm willing to sign up right now anyway!

I have developed/earned a very strong YOLO attitude about running and runDisney in particular.

It's a bit of much-needed happiness and worth the investment for me despite the uncertainty. Hoping for the best!

Oh, and I transferred myself from the half to the kessel/challenge. Couldn't resist!!

And let's be honest, for me at least....planning a Disney trip is fun too so it at least gives us the feeling like we're going if we have something on the books to look forward to. A fun mental game we play with ourselves and WIN!!!

Oh me, too! I love planning trips, I’m just not used to planning this many that I haven’t gotten to take. 9 cancelled trips and 2 cancelled cruises and counting. One of these days I want to actually take a trip I’ve planned :crazy2::scared:

Oh me, too! I love planning trips, I’m just not used to planning this many that I haven’t gotten to take. 9 cancelled trips and 2 cancelled cruises and counting. One of these days I want to actually take a trip I’ve planned :crazy2::scared:
Wow, that's so many! :( I've officially changed the name of our itinerary from Disney Spring Break 2020 to Disney Summer 2020 to Disney Maybe? Someday!

I just need the weekend to happen now.
Oh me too. Because of timing issues, it's possible that 2021 may be the last Star Wars race I can do for a few years.
Oh, and I transferred myself from the half to the kessel/challenge. Couldn't resist!!
I used to believe I couldn't run a half marathon. After proving that idea wrong, I then believed that running back to back races on two consecutive days was impossible because the shorter distance would wipe out my legs for the longer distance. And then they announced the Star Wars Rebel Challenge at Disneyland for 2015. I had to try it for Star Wars medal purposes. Next thing you know I wound up running Dopey as part of my first marathon. I really enjoy the vibe of the Star Wars 10K though. A little bit more of a party celebrating Star Wars than the half is. And the half is also a party atmosphere, but the increase in distance naturally creates more focus.

Me (us) too! My kids and I are having some major Disney withdrawal. Spring break trip=canceled. Rescheduled to summer=canceled. Re-rescheduled to Dec=who knows but fingers crossed. But my kids have never done a runDisney event and I think it is a great "reason" for us to get back in shape (lots of snacking and Netflix'ing since March) and if it so happens that it gets cancelled then we'll be disappointed but in better shape. There's no way they could not have regular registration and then, if things are improved, pull off the race. This is the only way to do it, and from the sounds of the last 2 cancellations, you don't have to argue to get a refund. And let's be honest, for me at least....planning a Disney trip is fun too so it at least gives us the feeling like we're going if we have something on the books to look forward to. A fun mental game we play with ourselves and WIN!!!
No withdrawals for me. Made other plans for a great vacation.
Life outside Disney exist. When I looked at what I would've spent and didn't I clicked my heels 3 times . I saved $12000.

I think you may be lost. This is the rundisney board.

I think you’re right. Their only posts on the RunDisney board have been to express surprise that the SWRR event/registration was happening and then to pop up a week later saying the weekend wouldn’t happening. Obviously doesn’t know how registration or the events work (save your receipts). Looking more and more like a non-running troll.

@FFigawi is a legit good guy; I met him at a Hurricane Hanna's meetup and we talked about life in Dubai where we both have spent a chunk of time. I took his most recent post as satire.

Now some of the other posts I've read during the last few months lead me to believe that you are right and a few trolls have joined us on these boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter