• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend 2021 (April 15-18, 2021) - Now Virtual Only

I think you’re right. Their only posts on the RunDisney board have been to express surprise that the SWRR event/registration was happening and then to pop up a week later saying the weekend wouldn’t happening. Obviously doesn’t know how registration or the events work (save your receipts). Looking more and more like a non-running troll.
Agree!! I'm not sure why he or she also felt the need to poo poo my excitement and remind me there is life outside of Disney. I just never quite get why people love raining on other people's parades and sprinkling negativity here and there and everywhere.

This race weekend wasn't even on my radar...but with the extension to my AP I've been thinking of doing a May or June trip next year, but with race registrations still open...hmm. HMM. Little tricky budget-wise since it's earlier than I planned to go and it'd be more expensive than just doing a short solo trip without a race but...it's tempting.

I'm just trying to decide if I can handle booking another Disney trip I might have to cancel. Had to drop my September trip and I'm still nervous about Marathon Weekend. :/

I apologize to @camaker for the attempt to defend @FFigawi post, as I was confused over some of the most recent posts from various posters and reactions to them. I hope we can all feel free to express different opinions, and to express them without snark or trolling. Now back to discussion of Star Wars weekend.

You didn’t like my sarcasm and satire of the previous poster? ;)

I guess no one can have a different opinion and if you do your attacked.
It's not about the opinion. My first post after signing up was basically "well i guess we'll see how this goes", meaning I know there's a good chance this ends up being cancelled. Everyone here is aware of this, in part because it happened earlier this year for the same race. At the same time, the last five months have been miserable and it doesn't hurt to have some hopefulness on the horizon.

If it gets cancelled? Oh well, everyone will get their money back. But allow people to feel some excitement for a change.

+1 I'm a raging realist when it comes to all things both Disney and COVID, and fully admit I have no idea if this race weekend will happen or not, but if it does, I want to be part of it! So if rD wants to use my registration money to prop itself up for a while, I'm okay with that.

I'm perfect so I signed up a month ago through a TA. I'm having serious doubts on marathon weekend but this one seems far enough out where I think it's possible. Of course back in June I figured things would be good for Nov/dec races and we know how that went so everything is still up in the air but I think April has a chance.

anyone who bought through a TA get a second email with their registration link? We registered for a 10k and got the links after registration started...same day. Now we are getting the exact same link again from RunDisney even though we completed registration. I'm guessing they sent them out by accident.

I'm perfect so I signed up a month ago through a TA. I'm having serious doubts on marathon weekend but this one seems far enough out where I think it's possible. Of course back in June I figured things would be good for Nov/dec races and we know how that went so everything is still up in the air but I think April has a chance.
I'm cautiously optimistic for two reasons. The primary one is that there are indications that a viable vaccine could be available in January. Secondary to that is the reduced capacity field in April, so if a vaccine is available later this year/early next year we have a better chance.

Now all that said, I recognize that they may decide to make it virtual depending on the reality of the situation when that time comes.

I'm cautiously optimistic for two reasons. The primary one is that there are indications that a viable vaccine could be available in January. Secondary to that is the reduced capacity field in April, so if a vaccine is available later this year/early next year we have a better chance.

Now all that said, I recognize that they may decide to make it virtual depending on the reality of the situation when that time comes.

The vaccine will be good the question is when will it be available to general public. First responders, doctors nurses and high risk will be first in line. We'll have to see.

If something is available to the general public early next year I could see large events like rundisney requiring proof you got the vaccine. but if it makes it possilble to put events on again and try to get back to normal I'm all for it.

When atlanta track club cancelled peachtree today (or made it virtual) the director made a comment that after the employees come back in January (being furloughed for December) they plan to start planning for a great "back half of 2021". I found that back half of 2021 comment very interesting.

For W&D, when they made it a virtual race do you know if people have the choice to get a full refund instead?

For W&D, when they made it a virtual race do you know if people have the choice to get a full refund instead?

W&D registrants were given the option of a full refund or transferring to the virtual event with a partial refund on a gift card. The virtual prices, even with the partial refund were... not reasonable.

Hi. Hope everyone is having a great day! This will be my first participation in a runDisney event and I am curious about the merchandise for the weekend.

With the possible exception of a few items that say "Pre-Sell Exclusive" is most of the merch you can purchase now also offered for sale at the expo? We bought a few things after we registered and were interested in a few other items, but didn't buy everything we were interested in due to not knowing what anything looks like.

Hi. Hope everyone is having a great day! This will be my first participation in a runDisney event and I am curious about the merchandise for the weekend.

With the possible exception of a few items that say "Pre-Sell Exclusive" is most of the merch you can purchase now also offered for sale at the expo? We bought a few things after we registered and were interested in a few other items, but didn't buy everything we were interested in due to not knowing what anything looks like.
Majority of merch is at expo...for some race weekends the first morning, the day before the 5k, is the busiest and could sell out of things.

I can only speak for SW weekends but since they've moved all the official merchandise to The Arena in 2018, it's been a much easier process. Both in order to buy and availability of items.

Thanks, Z-Knight and Guidman! I was looking on eBay to see if I could get an idea of what some of the items might look like, and it appears they have a lot more themed merchandise for sale at the expo as well? I saw things like sweatbands and snow globes. lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter