Starbucks?

SamIAm21

Mickey's #1 Fan
I'm a bit of a Starbucks fan and I am wondering if there are any free standing stores on Harbor Blvd near Disneyland? I'm certainly not opposed to a Caribou or other coffee houses, but a Starbucks would be great!

There is a Starbucks inside the Hyatt Regency Orange County Hotel on the corner of Harbor/Chapman.
Love Ella

The closest Starbucks would be at the Hilton Anaheim. There are several other places to get coffee drinks, including La Brea bakery in DTD and the bakery on Main Street in the park.

Thanks samkj! I don't think I'll be going all the way over to the Hilton for a coffee. I'll be more than happy to stop in at LaBrea in DTD. I'm always happy to try a new brew!

How about just black coffee? I guess we're kinda coffee snobs, because we, too, love Starbucks, but we don't usually order the lattes etc. We also love Canterberry coffee... Where's the best black coffee in the area? We're staying at the Carousel. Thanks for letting me glom on to this thread :wave2: !

There is also a cafe type at the Disneyland Hotel where you can get coffee, and Compass Books that also includes some outdoor tables.

I snaged some 4 cup Starbucks filter packs from my hotel room the last time I was in Seattle, and I'll be taking those with me to DL, our room at the Desert Inn has a coffee pot, so I can get my Starbucks fix without having to leave my room! :goodvibes

It's not the same as a Grande Skim Mocha, but beggars can't be choosers! If you don't have to have a specialty drink, see if you can pick up a small bag of Starbucks to make "normal" coffee in your own room.

I wonder if you can buy the filter packs anywhere (here in Seattle, I mean)? Would love that! However, I think we'll be looking for the occasional tall extra-hot mocha during our stay... I don't have many vices, but that is one of them! :teeth:

Chicago526 said:
I snaged some 4 cup Starbucks filter packs from my hotel room the last time I was in Seattle, and I'll be taking those with me to DL, our room at the Desert Inn has a coffee pot, so I can get my Starbucks fix without having to leave my room! :goodvibes

For Canadians, I would suggest doing the same with Tim Horton's coffee. They sell the individual coffee packs, enough for a pot each. My husband is a consultant and had to work in the mid-west for awhile. We had to make sure to pack these -- the locals started demanding them too.

I personally don't drink coffee, but if we want a happy DH in the morning, better make sure the coffee is good :cloud9:

If you like a good old cafe au lait, a la Cafe Du Monde (Just like in New Orleans), Brennan's, in DTD, has a take out counter. You can get authentic beignets too!!! :coffee:

Diva of Dragons said:
If you like a good old cafe au lait, a la Cafe Du Monde (Just like in New Orleans), Brennan's, in DTD, has a take out counter. You can get authentic beignets too!!! :coffee:

Diva of Dragons, YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY, WEEK, MONTH...

Cafe au lait and beignets! :Pinkbounc

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Diva of Dragons said:

I was JUST going to post this! :thumbsup2 I like nonfat lattes, but WILL get the full-fat cafe au lait with my beignets! LOL

If you want to try a great local So Cal coffee chain, the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf offers excellent coffee. Plus their versions of Frappaccinos called Mocha Ices are 10 times better than those of Starbucks. Enjoy! :smooth:

Slighty off topic ,but what is the big deal with Star bucks? Am I missing something? Is this coffee worth $500 a cup ? Am i just a dumb redneck?WHAT? I've heard people go gagas over a cup of coffee. :confused3

I think for most starbucks fans, the place inside the courtyard at the DL hotel is good enough in a pinch.

As for why starbucks, I think it's the same reason people get accustomed to any brand. Starbucks puts an intense amount of effort into ensuring consistency throughout its stores, so 95 percent of the time, you know exactly what you're getting. A triple no foam whatever latte with hazelnut is exactly the same in Amarillo as it is in Bar Harbor. That matters to many people, as do funny little routines like speaking Italian every morning and acting like it's normal.

I'm not a Starbuck's snob per se. I like Starbucks and yes, I like the fact that I can have my tall non-fat mocha in Illinois, Nevada, Florida or California and it will always be the same. However, I am totally open to new coffees, foods, etc., so any decent coffee place will do.

Hell I used to even enjoy a cup of coffee from the coffeemaker in the hotel room until some germaphobe on the Community Board ruined that for me! :rolleyes2

It's true that the Starbucks staff is a big reason why the coffee is so popular, they are very customer-service oriented, very friendly. A lot of people like going to a store because of the atmosphere - Some of them have fireplaces, I think all of them have at least a few big comfy chairs. It's a very cozy, familiar feeling

I like all of that, but for me it's the lattes. When I was a kid I begged my dad to drop a bit of his instant coffee into my cocoa, and we'd have 'coffee' together. Imagine my thrill as an adult in discovering the mocha (which tastes soooo much better than my little instant concoction!) Pure bliss!

I've had mochas from other places, but they just don't taste the same; the coffee's too weak or there's too much milk, or it's too sweet. Starbucks trains their staff very well to be very consisent in how they make it, and it shows.

I work in a coffee shop over here in England and it's very nice, but it's not a patch on Starbucks. We have Starbucks over here, but it's just not the same.
We love the frappucinos (strawberry one...hhhmmmmm!!) and I also like the mocha and the latte.
Part of our holiday over there is going to Starbucks!!!
Love Ella

Starbucks is okay. I prefer Seattle's Best or Coffee People. But when at Disneyland I usually just search out a good espresso bar.
There's one at the DLH and I think Whitewater Snacks in the GC has espresso. La Brea Bakery has good coffee too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter