• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Staying @ POP & want to decorate your window?We need someone to Takeover the thread!

monymony3471 said:
lovetoscrap-
Any disers sign your mickey heads?

I had about 5 MH signed and taped to the door, but none of them used LG (there were heads of all different colors) and no "screen names" so I assumed they were just others that wanted to sign. 2 were children.

I did meet lots of DISers on the trip. Oh, I forgot to tell my story!

The first day there we decorated and got settled and then went for a walk around the resort to look around. As we came around to our room I looked up at our window and BEHOLD--the room directly under us was decorated with MH from HD. Just a large number of them in different colors still on the backing arranged in a square, with a LG in the center. HMMM, are the DIS??? Anyone could find the MH at HD and decide to use them, maybe the LG in the center is just a coincidence?

So I take the kids up (we were 4th floor and they were 3rd). We go to get a closer look and Guess What??? there is a LGMH on the door! They must be DIS!!!! The room next to them also has a few MH in the window--about 8--arranged the same way, so I assume they must be together. No sign of anyone around so we leave. I decide that I will leave a note later.

For some reason I decide to get poetic! Don't know why, must have been the disney magic in the air!!! So the next morning I write:

DISers above,
Disers below.
If there were 2 more
we would have 4 in a row.

Look, for us
We are directly on top!
It is just a short hop.

So come on by,
leave a note,
and say Hi!

lovetoscrap

I wrote it on the paper the hotel gives you, fold it in half and tape a LGMH to the front. We take it down to put on the door and now the LGMH is on the other room door. Oh well, my poem won't work unless I put it on the original door so I tape it on. DIdn't get any response. Maybe I was wrong and they aren't DISers? We got busy and I pretty much forgot about it.

So then 2 nights ago I get PM from someone I don't know here. And is says. . . "Thanks for the Poem!" She went ahead and found me here! I was so tickled !!! She said she may put it in her scrapbook--if I had known that I would have written neater!! I couldn't even remember what I had written so she was nice enough to send it to me so I can put it in my scrapbook also.

Love all the pics! Does anyone have an idea of the dimensions of the windows at POP? I'm trying to figure out my decorations to take and if I had an idea of size it would really help.

Thanks!
Lori

lovetoscrap - great window!

Thanks for the update on what's in Box 5. I don't have it until Dec., but so far I have some plastic Ariel cutouts that hang on a suction cup, and some princess clings.

Box 4 was in a very large Tink gift bag - it worked really well.

Have fun shopping disnygrl30! :)

princessarielle said:
Love all the pics! Does anyone have an idea of the dimensions of the windows at POP? I'm trying to figure out my decorations to take and if I had an idea of size it would really help.

Thanks!
Lori

Taken from an earlier post:

POP Window
height--59 inches
width---38 inches

You will need a 9 foot extension cord at least, the outlet wasn't under the window, it was under the table in our room.

Great window Lovetoscrap! I'm in Box 5 too and have purchased a few Christmas things - a little tree and some red lights. I don't have decorations for my tree yet - not sure what I will do about that but I will figure something out. I'm so glad you are leaving your poster - that rocks!!!! This is going to be so much fun!!!

:teeth: Hi! everyone we are back and passed on box 6!! My kids really loved decoreating our window and door... They even added tons of there own pics, a magiacl moment certi. and odds and ends! i got 2 MH for disers...=0) :thumbsup2

we were in 6137 back by the lake...and we had the window paint in orange and black..(which was very messy) I will upload pics as soon as I can ..I saw about 3 decorated windows but didnt have time to explore much! take care!
Jill L.

lovetoscrap said:
Taken from an earlier post:

POP Window
height--59 inches
width---38 inches

You will need a 9 foot extension cord at least, the outlet wasn't under the window, it was under the table in our room.

THANKS A WHOLE LOT!!!! :cool1:

You made my day!!! I did have an extension cord packed but not that long.
Now I can get packing-10 days away!! :woohoo:
Lori

1800wdisney said:
love to scrap......very nice, did you take any pics with the lights on? that would have been cool to see.

No, I wish I had, but my camera was giving me problems, and then I ran low on memory so I had to conserve picutres. I don't think an after dark photo would have turned out even if I had tried.

Good morning! Off to the boys soccer games! It was 34*F here this morning. BRRRRR!

Oh by the way: GO TIGERS!

Hi Everyone!
We are home from our trip! We had a great time! I left box #1 for We Love Disney. Hope the front desk got it to her. I had no problems receiving it from Patsfan. It was at the front desk when I checked in.
I will post a pic of our window and a list of the contents of box#1 later today. PM me if you need to know sooner then that what is in there!
My girls had a great time decorating the window. We got lots of compliments! We were in room 5147(60s) GREAT location. There were a few other dissers in the area with us.
FL is hot and humid right now but the love bugs are close to gone and the last few nights the weather was beautiful!

We spent the day going to yard sales, and found some small Disney toys to add to Box 5. I'll post a picture when I get everything sorted.

jeanylaser said:
jeanylaser 10/13-10/16

Did you want in of the passing of the decoration boxes? Since it's so close and We Love Disney is already down there and a huge part of all the boxes, I can't see it working to fit you in. I hope you have a great trip. Lucky you, you leave in 4 days!

Box 1
PixiePOWER1971 9/30-10/6
We Love Disney 10/6-10/12
AshAlyTwins 11/30-12/3
FakeReadHed 12/8-16
Taekwondo Mom 12/17-19
LyWilliams0 12/19-12/27
Al And Kate's Mom 12/30-1/6
Praise2Him 1/30-2/6 2007
NewFie2000 2/9/2007-2/17/2007
English Rose 47 4/26-5/3 2007

Box 2
DisneyFan551 9/22-10/3
DisneyMommyMichelle 10/3-10/6
We Love Disney on 10/6-10/12
MonyMony3471 11/24-12/2
PugDog 12/6-20
Aksunshine 2/9-2/14 2007
English Rose 47 4/26-5/3 2007
Karla63 6/1-6/10 2007
DisneyMommyMichelle 12/22-12/29 2007
PoohBear77 4/28-5/5 2007

Box 3
ScrappinMom9/30-10/8
Pass to We Love Disney and will
become BOX 2 & 1
**CLOSED**

Box 4
We Love Disney 10/3-10/12
DGBOOS 10/15-10/22
mommyesq10/26-10/30 ---------------->NEW!!!
MonyMony3471 11/24-12/2
Mousebit 12/9-12/16
ShellyMouse 12/16-12/26
KAtGarcia 12/27-1/1
JCEMOM 1/22-1/30

Box 5
Surprizetrip06 10/14-10/22
KATE716 11/24-12/2
DisnyGrl30 12/1-12/10
Angel'sMomma 12/9-12/16
JulieGirl1 12/16-12/22
Stenickar 12/23-12/31
Dean556 4/19-4/29

Box 6
JillL. 9/22-9/29*
KidSister 9/29-10/6
WE LOVE DISNEY on 10/6
Please take these items and add to 4

**CLOSED**
*vacation is actually
longer, but DISer will
be giving it up early in

pixiepower1971 said:
Hi Everyone!
We are home from our trip! We had a great time! I left box #1 for We Love Disney. Hope the front desk got it to her. I had no problems receiving it from Patsfan. It was at the front desk when I checked in.
I will post a pic of our window and a list of the contents of box#1 later today. PM me if you need to know sooner then that what is in there!
My girls had a great time decorating the window. We got lots of compliments! We were in room 5147(60s) GREAT location. There were a few other dissers in the area with us.
FL is hot and humid right now but the love bugs are close to gone and the last few nights the weather was beautiful!

I am so happy it got to you. They told me that I had your last name spelled wrong, so I was crossing my fingers!!!! I haven't posted a pic yet, but I hope to soon. (I haven't even looked at my digital pics yet, and the film is sitting in the car waiting to be dropped off!!!!) Glad you had fun with it. We brought most of our own stuff for Halloween Decorating. I meant to leave more in the bag, but the packing was a rushed affair and most things got stuffed away. The window clings from Llbelle were great! Loved those. I didn't even get to write in the journal! I swore I was going to! I loved reading the other's trip highlights, and was sad that some of the dates were missing. Then, leave it to me, I left a hole in the journal too. Sorry everyone with bag #1. I will try to post in the next couple of days the pics of our window. Dying to see everyone elses!!!!! :yay:

Patsfan7 said:
I am so happy it got to you. They told me that I had your last name spelled wrong, so I was crossing my fingers!!!! I haven't posted a pic yet, but I hope to soon. (I haven't even looked at my digital pics yet, and the film is sitting in the car waiting to be dropped off!!!!) Glad you had fun with it. We brought most of our own stuff for Halloween Decorating. I meant to leave more in the bag, but the packing was a rushed affair and most things got stuffed away. The window clings from Llbelle were great! Loved those. I didn't even get to write in the journal! I swore I was going to! I loved reading the other's trip highlights, and was sad that some of the dates were missing. Then, leave it to me, I left a hole in the journal too. Sorry everyone with bag #1. I will try to post in the next couple of days the pics of our window. Dying to see everyone elses!!!!! :yay:

How was Sarah's birthday in WDW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter