Stop Making Me Laugh Or I'll Pee My Pants! Go Back! I Lost My Shoe! Trip Report!

Wow, Lisa there is now denying the resemblance of your family. Lacey looks a lot like you and Hunter looks just like John. You have a very nice looking family!

Wow, Lisa there is now denying the resemblance of your family. Lacey looks a lot like you and Hunter looks just like John. You have a very nice looking family!

Nope, neither John nor I can deny our kids, that's for sure. Thanks for the compliment. We love spending time together.

I love Pirates of the Caribbean! I do not like those times in line where people try to casually walk past either. I know the line is wide and spread out, but its obvious that we are in it...you don't have be all up on me! :laughing:

I can just see you guys on the Magic Carpets, kids in the front, Mom & Dad in the back, Dad is on the phone & Mom is taking pictures like crazy! Sounds a bit familiar...my DH once had to talk to a customer of his for quite a while in Silver Dollar City...

Tinkerbell! That's funny he's called you that in front of clients before...what did they think?

I love Pirates of the Caribbean! I do not like those times in line where people try to casually walk past either. I know the line is wide and spread out, but its obvious that we are in it...you don't have be all up on me! :laughing:

I can just see you guys on the Magic Carpets, kids in the front, Mom & Dad in the back, Dad is on the phone & Mom is taking pictures like crazy! Sounds a bit familiar...my DH once had to talk to a customer of his for quite a while in Silver Dollar City...

Tinkerbell! That's funny he's called you that in front of clients before...what did they think?

I hate it when somebody tries to sneak by me "on accident". Drives me crazy!

Oh John was on the phone quite a bit this trip. He really didn't like leaving the cabinet installation up to another person as he usually does it himself. But, this time, they didn't actually pay him to install them, just build them. That certainly didn't stop them from calling and asking all sorts of questions though.:headache:

It's funny that you mentioned your husband being on a business call in Silver Dollar City. John got a call from a doctor needing some cabinet work done while we were in Silver Dollar City. Oh well, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.....to make Disney dollars.:thumbsup2

Our clients usually don't say anything when my boss calls me Tinkerbell. If they do, he explains that I love Disney and Tinkerbell has an attitude to which I reply "so do you!"

Once we left Aladdin's Magic Carpets, Lacey, Hunter and I popped into the nearby stores just to see if there was anything we needed. John was on the phone the ENTIRE time so he stayed outside so as not to disturb the other shoppers. We didn't find anything we couldn't live without so we just kind of wandered.

We looked to see how long the Jungle Cruise line was and it was short so we got in line for our second and last ride of the vacation. John finished up his phone call just as we were entering the line. The captain of our boat wasn't too funny this time. I don't know if he was at the end of his shift and getting tired or what. He wasn't bad, just not real funny.

After our cruise, we figured we better start heading to the Crystal Palace for our dinner. Along the way, we spotted Rafiki. Hunter wanted to have his picture made so Hunter and I got in a practically non-existent line while Lacey and John stood off to the side. I think there were two people in front of us.

When it was our turn, Rafiki kept pointing to Hunter's hand and to John. We couldn't figure out what he was trying to say so Rafiki whispered something in the castmember's ear. She told us Rafiki was trying to tell Hunter to not harm any animals with his gun. The gun that he had bought in the Pirates of the Caribbean store and was now being held by John. Hunter told him don't worry, no harm would come to any animals. Rafiki gave him a big thumbs up.:thumbsup2 Then, we took pictures:

SANY0409.jpg

SANY0411.jpg

SANY0410-1.jpg

We waved goodbye to Rafiki and continued on to the Crystal Palace.

SANY0412.jpg

When we got there, we could see there were lots and lots of people waiting around. Not a good sign. I went to the window to check in and there was a line there as well. The man in front of me was fussing because he couldn't get in as a walk-in. The castmember was trying to explain to him that they were booked up but the guy really wasn't listening. He finally left in a huff and I moved forward. The castmember told me they were running about 30 minutes behind on their ADRs.

I found John and the kids standing over to the side of the steps resting. Guess what John did...................bet you can't guess.....................

SANY0416.jpg

Yes, he's napping standing up! Then guess what happened........................

his phone rang:

SANY0415.jpg

We waited and waited and waited some more. We chatted with a grandmother and grandfather who were traveling with their children and grandchildren and had just arrived that day. After 40 minutes, John went to see if they had called our name and we hadn't heard them. They said it would be about 10 more minutes. Here's what he and Hunter did to occupy their time:

SANY0418.jpg

Here's what I did to occupy my time. Took pictures:

SANY0417.jpg

SANY0413.jpg

***I have to stop here because I can't find the rest of my pictures. Let me go searching and I'll come back.

We saw Rafiki after we went to Crystal Palace. LOL!
I bet you are getting so excited for your next trip.
I have decided that I am going to try and make and ADR for CRT for Claire's b-day at the 180 day mark. That way if we go, I'll have it. No offical word, but Claire keeps asking. In fact the other day a Disney commercial was on, and Skip was there with us , and Claire goes "I don't even remember what Disney looks like anymore since we haven't been there in so long". It was so funny and cute.

Hello!! I have return and wish i never left:( lol, man o man it was soooo hot, 91, 92, one day 95. Oh and Carribean Beach was AWESOME!!!

I love looking at all of your pictures. Seeing your husband sleeping standing up made me laugh. When you said guess what happened next I thought uh oh, he lost his balance and stumbled into the strollers! :rotfl:
I'm soo excited for our upcoming trip! :goodvibes Less than 2 weeks. :woohoo:

I just finished looking at your pics from the Hollywood Wax Museum. It looked a lot like Madame Tussaud's in Vegas. Many of the same people and scenes. Were there any sound effects? I took a picture for two ladies that sat with Hugh Hefner and wore the bunny ears. When they got off the bed, he spoke to them!! 'Bout made all of us jump out of our skin. Those figures are sorta creepy when you look them in the eyes!

All the pictures of John sleeping crack me up! :lmao: You could make a memory book "John sleeps at Disney" or John could write a blog "good places to nap at Disney". LOL :rotfl:

Forgive me for being so slow in wishing you a Happy Mother's Day.
Happy Mothers Day!!!
I LOVE your MK photos. That's a great shot of the castle!

We saw Rafiki after we went to Crystal Palace. LOL!
I bet you are getting so excited for your next trip.
I have decided that I am going to try and make and ADR for CRT for Claire's b-day at the 180 day mark. That way if we go, I'll have it. No offical word, but Claire keeps asking. In fact the other day a Disney commercial was on, and Skip was there with us , and Claire goes "I don't even remember what Disney looks like anymore since we haven't been there in so long". It was so funny and cute.

Oh, it sounds like you and Claire may have Skip thinking about a trip. I love love love what she told her Daddy.:rotfl: I sure hope that he ends up saying yes.

Hello!! I have return and wish i never left:( lol, man o man it was soooo hot, 91, 92, one day 95. Oh and Carribean Beach was AWESOME!!!

I forgot to look to see if you've started a trip report yet. Let me know it you have!

I love looking at all of your pictures. Seeing your husband sleeping standing up made me laugh. When you said guess what happened next I thought uh oh, he lost his balance and stumbled into the strollers! :rotfl:
I'm soo excited for our upcoming trip! :goodvibes Less than 2 weeks. :woohoo:

It wouldn't have surprised me if he had lost his balance and fell in the strollers.

I am about to bust to get to Disney as I am sure you are too!

I just finished looking at your pics from the Hollywood Wax Museum. It looked a lot like Madame Tussaud's in Vegas. Many of the same people and scenes. Were there any sound effects? I took a picture for two ladies that sat with Hugh Hefner and wore the bunny ears. When they got off the bed, he spoke to them!! 'Bout made all of us jump out of our skin. Those figures are sorta creepy when you look them in the eyes!

I'm trying to remember if there were sound effects or not. I think there was music playing but I don't remember there being any word spoken.

It's funny that you mentioned the eyes because that's exactly what we kept talking about.

All the pictures of John sleeping crack me up! :lmao: You could make a memory book "John sleeps at Disney" or John could write a blog "good places to nap at Disney". LOL :rotfl:

I wish I had taken picture every time John fell asleep. He can fall asleep in .2 seconds.

Forgive me for being so slow in wishing you a Happy Mother's Day.
Happy Mothers Day!!!
I LOVE your MK photos. That's a great shot of the castle!

Thanks!

i thought the castle picture turned out pretty good.

My boss is out of town for a few days. His mother had a cancerous polyp (spelling?) removed from her colon a week or so ago and is now at M.D. Anderson in Houston to get a second opinion on what she needs to do (if anything). M.D. Anderson is one of the best cancer treatment facilities in the U.S. Hopefully, they'll tell her there's nothing to worry about but we shall see.

I've got a lot of stuff to get off my desk and I hope that I am able to make progress on next week's stuff too. I'll be heading out of her on the 26th and now's a good time to get things organized.

If I make good time with the catching up/organizing, I can finish up this report.

I went back and was looking at your parade pix again. It makes me really wish we had made it to that parade! In fact there are so many things on your TR that we didn't make it to! I guess we'll just have to go back;)

I guessed the two things about John (sleep and cell phone)lol
I hope you had a great mother's day!

Just getting caught up, we just got back from our trip yesterday :sad1: I understand about the line cutters, they are annoying, I kept having to remind Tim to stand right next to me in those lines because there was always someone trying to slip by.

We just got back from a fantastic trip. But it was HOT. The day we left Orl the wind chill here (at home) was 35. Quite a shock to our system.

My boys love Tom Sawyer Island and the last time we were there the Fort was closed for a refurb. So we wanted to go see it this time for sure. We got to the island and went thru a few caves and then decided to head to the Fort. I was very 'turned around' because of the cave exploring and didn't know which way to go. I kept thinking "Lisa says Missy says to 'go left'". So we did and we found it. Thanks!!

Line cutters - we were in line for Pirates and a pre-teen boy and his teenage brother were trying to discreetly wind thru the line past people. The boy would go first then a few seconds later the brother. My kids noticed and didn't like it. Most of the time I try really hard to keep my mouth shut during things like this, but this time my tongue got the best of me. So as my kids were whispering, 'Mom those boys are cutting' I said a little bit too loudly, 'I'm so glad you kids know better than to act like that and that it is wrong to cut in front of people.' The older brother stopped immediately and a little later I saw the younger brother coming back through the line looking for him. :rolleyes1

Line cutters - we were in line for Pirates and a pre-teen boy and his teenage brother were trying to discreetly wind thru the line past people. The boy would go first then a few seconds later the brother. My kids noticed and didn't like it. Most of the time I try really hard to keep my mouth shut during things like this, but this time my tongue got the best of me. So as my kids were whispering, 'Mom those boys are cutting' I said a little bit too loudly, 'I'm so glad you kids know better than to act like that and that it is wrong to cut in front of people.' The older brother stopped immediately and a little later I saw the younger brother coming back through the line looking for him. :rolleyes1[/QUOTE]

I don't think that was a bad thing to say. It was a gentle reminder about manners. I'm sure it was more effective than someone saying something truly nasty. At least they seemed to take the hint.

Oh, it sounds like you and Claire may have Skip thinking about a trip. I love love love what she told her Daddy.:rotfl: I sure hope that he ends up saying yes.

I forgot to look to see if you've started a trip report yet. Let me know it you have!

I just started one a few days ago, i add it to my sinature:) come on over! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter