"Stop squeezing Mickey's nose!" - An October 2014 TR *COMPLETED!*

Next up was a final visit to Tomorrowland to finish our last night at MK! :lovestruc:sad:
The Tomorrowland at night is the BEST! :lovestruc

Instead, we opted for one more ride on another favorite - the People Mover!
Great choice! :thumbsup2

And this would be my last sight of the castle. :(
But what a beautiful sight it is! :cutie:

While I was glad to get away from the crowds, I was a little sad to see the "real" side of the shops and restaurants!
This makes me sad, too! I have ZERO interest in doing backstage tours. I don't even want to see Space Mountain with the lights on. If I ever have to, I'll cry... The magic would be spoiled! :sad2:
And as luck would have it, I found sweatpants for all 3 boys - score! :cool1: I just tried to ignore the fact that it cost me almost $100 for 3 pairs of pants.
Disney Math. ;)

We took some time to pack everything up since it was our last night. I lined all of the bags up so taking them to Airline Check In the next day would be as easy as possible. Then it was time for our last sleep at Disney. :faint: :guilty:
OMG THIS IS THE SADDEST THING EVER. :sad:

last evening is always tough as you don't want it to end but you are also getting worn down and (in your case) cold

I do love the new Dumbo at night with the colored lights on the water :goodvibes

Well, at least you got the pants ... hope they got a lot of use out of them. I always hate when I have to pay a lot for something that I am getting due to the weather or something and not because I specifically really like that item

We were brought out via backstage in Main St once. I thought it was really cool but tried to keep my kids attention so they didn't realize where we were (they were pretty tired at that point as well so probably don't even remember it)

The Tomorrowland at night is the BEST! :lovestruc

I do think it might be my favorite land at night! Everything feels so bright and fun!

Great choice! :thumbsup2

We are now People Mover lovers. Add in our Small World obsession and we're just knocking out the thrill rides left and right! :rotfl:

But what a beautiful sight it is! :cutie:

Yes, I think it did nicely for my last view of the castle!

This makes me sad, too! I have ZERO interest in doing backstage tours. I don't even want to see Space Mountain with the lights on. If I ever have to, I'll cry... The magic would be spoiled! :sad2:

I really didn't enjoy seeing the real side of Disney! I think I would enjoy something like Keys to the Kingdom but I agree that seeing all of that takes a little magic away!

Disney Math. ;)

Disney Math is total magic. It can help you justify a trip in a second or be conveniently ignored when it's not so pretty!

OMG THIS IS THE SADDEST THING EVER. :sad:

I think the last night might be even sadder than the last day!

last evening is always tough as you don't want it to end but you are also getting worn down and (in your case) cold

Yes, I was quite conflicted in the end. I could have done with a full rest day and then we could have kept on going! That and a jacket and we would have been set!

I do love the new Dumbo at night with the colored lights on the water :goodvibes

It was a really special experience at night!

Well, at least you got the pants ... hope they got a lot of use out of them. I always hate when I have to pay a lot for something that I am getting due to the weather or something and not because I specifically really like that item

I was really thankful to find something warm for the next day. They did wear the pants often when we got home so it was a useful souvenir! But lesson learned for our next trip!

We were brought out via backstage in Main St once. I thought it was really cool but tried to keep my kids attention so they didn't realize where we were (they were pretty tired at that point as well so probably don't even remember it)

I was glad to not have to fight against the crowds on Main Street. I'm pretty sure the boys had no idea what was going on at that point as there was a good chance they were asleep.

Jim snapped a picture of this Hidden Mickey while we were waiting, I guess?
Cool, I don't think I've ever noticed that one before. :thumbsup2

We were the only ones in our section so we had plenty of room to spread out on our row and I didn't feel guilty that the boys were asking questions.
That sounds like the perfect way to see this show with little ones! ::yes::

I knew we would be heading out soon but I had a mission - we needed to find PANTS for the boys. The forecast for the next day was pretty similar - lows in the 40s and a high of only 65. I had only packed shorts for the boys and we needed something warmer to make the next day more comfortable.
:cold: We always try to wear our "warm" clothes for the flight down, just to make sure we'll have something, if needed (of course, we're also coming from Minnesota and not usually during summer, so it's appropriate attire anyway). Back in December 2010, we had a really cold snap where it was so cold that I was wearing my winter jacket, scarf, mittens, etc. :eek: (in FLORIDA!)

While we were walking backstage, I did notice a small group of families grouped together looking toward the castle. Looking back, I realized they had a good view of MSEP from their place and would be able to see Wishes. Maybe it was a group of guests who needed a less crowded area to enjoy the entertainment? Whatever it was, I thought it was very cool of Disney to be so accommodating of all of it's guests! :thumbsup2
That is really cool.

And as luck would have it, I found sweatpants for all 3 boys - score! :cool1:
Yay for finding them! :cool1: (not so much on the price, though :faint: - boys, you get souvenir sweatpants this trip! :rotfl2:)

Even getting to go to the park on departure day, there is still something so sad about leaving the park on the last night. :sad: But it does seem like y'all were able to have a great time and make the most of it!

I'm glad you were able to find pants for the boys, but yikes, I imagine that couldn't be easy on the wallet! :earseek:

All caught up! I fell way behind everywhere; life is crazy.

Very sad to see this trip coming to an end. But minus the cold seems like your last night had as much fun and joy as the rest of this trip!:lovestruc

I do have to say this: $100 for three pairs of pants?!?! :scared: Especially such tiny pants!

Cool, I don't think I've ever noticed that one before. :thumbsup2

I'll be honest - I only saw it when I was looking at the pictures from Jim's phone! I was 100% focused on checking in for our flight! I need to have a better eye for those hidden Mickey's next time! :magnify:

That sounds like the perfect way to see this show with little ones! ::yes::

It's a Disney classic but maybe not the most thrilling! I was glad we had the room to spread out! :thumbsup2

:cold: We always try to wear our "warm" clothes for the flight down, just to make sure we'll have something, if needed (of course, we're also coming from Minnesota and not usually during summer, so it's appropriate attire anyway). Back in December 2010, we had a really cold snap where it was so cold that I was wearing my winter jacket, scarf, mittens, etc. :eek: (in FLORIDA!)

That is a good idea! It's usually quite a bit cooler up in in Pennsylvania. I'm going to need to pack warm clothes for our Christmas trip - I don't want to scramble for gloves and hats too!

Yay for finding them! :cool1: (not so much on the price, though :faint: - boys, you get souvenir sweatpants this trip! :rotfl2:)

I was just happy to find something warm for them to wear the next day! They did wear them after the trip so at least it was a useful souvenir!

Even getting to go to the park on departure day, there is still something so sad about leaving the park on the last night. :sad: But it does seem like y'all were able to have a great time and make the most of it!

I'm glad you were able to find pants for the boys, but yikes, I imagine that couldn't be easy on the wallet! :earseek:

Yes - the last night seems so much harder than the departure day! I'm not sure what it is but I was so sad to leave MK that night!

And there was some sticker shock on the sweatpants for sure! I learned my lesson - better to sacrifice space in the suitcase to save $$$!

All caught up! I fell way behind everywhere; life is crazy.

Very sad to see this trip coming to an end. But minus the cold seems like your last night had as much fun and joy as the rest of this trip!:lovestruc

I do have to say this: $100 for three pairs of pants?!?! :scared: Especially such tiny pants!

I feel like I'm constantly behind on my own reports and reading everyone's...I feel you! :confused:

We did have a really great last night. We got to do all of our favorites one last time and say a sweet goodbye to MK!

I was so shocked at the price of the sweatpants - almost $30 a pair! The boys did wear them after the trip so it wasn't a total waste!

Last edited:

"Can we play first, Mommy?"

This was it - our last day at Disney! :sad1:

We woke fairly early and gathered our bags together. I called down to luggage services since we had 8 suitcases! My dad and I went down to Resort Airline Check In and got everything taken care of! We met back up with everyone else and left our AOA suites for the last time.

We dropped off the car seat and our carry ons with luggage services and headed to the bus stop. Our destination? One last day at Hollywood Studios!

We arrived around 9:30, having already missed our first FP+ window of the day - Frozen Sing Along from 9:00-9:15. Oh well! I knew making that was a long shot anyway with having to deal with our bags.

So as I was wondering what to do with our time until our TSMM FP+ at 11:05, Nate says "Can we play first, Mommy?" And how can you say no to that? :yay:

So we headed back over to the Streets of America. We caught a cute photo op with some police barricades!

Trouble with the law even before Kindergarten!

And did you notice the $30 sweatpants? :rolleyes:

Our destination?

The Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground! Isn't that the first place you head at Hollywood Studios? :rotfl:

But seriously...how could I say no when Nate asked so nicely!

And it wasn't a bad time to visit - it wasn't crowded so the boys had plenty of room to play!

While the boys were playing, I got on MDE and saw that Star Tours only had a 10 minute wait! We decided to take Nate over while the younger boys stayed and played some more!

Next up

Green Army Men!

Last edited:
And did you notice the $30 sweatpants? :rolleyes:
:rotfl2: Very nice!

The Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground! Isn't that the first place you head at Hollywood Studios? :rotfl:
Of course! I cannot believe they don't have FP+ for it. :lmao: Totally understandable with three little ones, though. Especially when you know you have FP+ lined up for other things you want to do. Who can resist a kid asking nicely? ::yes::

Last day :(

Aww you definitely can't say no when asked politely! I'm sure having a laid back morning was nice on your last day.

They may have been expensive but at least the pants look cute on them!! :goodvibes

I love the picture behind the police barricade. DH wanted that picture and another guest came up and yelled at him for being behind the police line. :rotfl:

Too bad you had to pay $30 for the sweat pants but they are cute!

last day is always sad ... and bummer you missed your first FP+, but at least you were kind of expecting it

those are pretty cute sweatpants - so that makes the $30 a little easier to take I think

$30 sweatpants! Sheesh! :) Disney does have some outrageous prices, but at least they don't skimp on the quality!

:rotfl2: Very nice!

Those things were at least 3 times more expensive than the normal jeans/pants they wear from Target or Old Navy. But they did wear them a lot during this past winter!

Of course! I cannot believe they don't have FP+ for it. :lmao: Totally understandable with three little ones, though. Especially when you know you have FP+ lined up for other things you want to do. Who can resist a kid asking nicely? ::yes::

There was literally NO ONE in that entire area when we walked back. Ours was the first stroller parked outside. I even asked the CM if the area was open because it was so empty! But they loved that playground and we had no real plans for most of the morning, so it worked for us!

Last day :(

Aww you definitely can't say no when asked politely! I'm sure having a laid back morning was nice on your last day.

They may have been expensive but at least the pants look cute on them!! :goodvibes

I was perfectly happy to let them play, especially with no real plans for most of the morning. And they loved that playground!

They wore the pants so much for the rest of the winter and we talked about Disney every time so they were totally worth it!

I love the picture behind the police barricade. DH wanted that picture and another guest came up and yelled at him for being behind the police line. :rotfl:

Too bad you had to pay $30 for the sweat pants but they are cute!

The boys loved taking that picture! That is too funny about DH and the police barricade! It's such a fun picture!

We got lots of use out of the pants this past winter so the $30 didn't hurt quite so much!

last day is always sad ... and bummer you missed your first FP+, but at least you were kind of expecting it

those are pretty cute sweatpants - so that makes the $30 a little easier to take I think

I knew we really had very little hope of making it to the park at RD with having to drop our luggage off. But we had a nice, slow morning letting the boys enjoy the playground!

The sweatpants got lots of wear over the winter so it made the price tag a little easier to stomach!

$30 sweatpants! Sheesh! :) Disney does have some outrageous prices, but at least they don't skimp on the quality!

I was a little shocked at the price but the boys did wear them quite a bit this past winter and we make good use of hand me downs here with all boys so I think we will make that $30 worth it! Plus, a Mickey head on the front doesn't hurt!

I'm sad it's your last day. But this has been such a fun trip!

How cute are those boys? Seriously, who asks to go play like that? Adorable!

Gotta say, $30 is a lot, but they are cute sweat pants.

Just caught up on your TR and really enjoyed reading it! Looks like your boys had a blast and I am loving hearing about Disney in October and MNSSHP... I'm gearing up for my first Halloween party this year and could not be more excited!!

Last day tears! :(

Seriously, with how cold it was, I would have paid double! At least we were warm on our last day!

10 minutes?!?! Say whaaaat! Go go go! :thumbsup2

I'll take that 10 minute wait, thank you very much!

I'm sad it's your last day. But this has been such a fun trip!

How cute are those boys? Seriously, who asks to go play like that? Adorable!

Gotta say, $30 is a lot, but they are cute sweat pants.

We really had a great trip! And it was at the point where we were ready for a break! As much as I love the trip, it's exhausting and we need to be home!

They really loved that Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground!

I was shocked at the price tag, too! But totally worth it for some warmth on a chilly morning! But lesson learned for our next trip!

Just caught up on your TR and really enjoyed reading it! Looks like your boys had a blast and I am loving hearing about Disney in October and MNSSHP... I'm gearing up for my first Halloween party this year and could not be more excited!!

Thanks for following along! :goodvibes

We loved Halloween at Disney! My oldest son was a little disappointed when I had to explain that we wouldn't be in Disney World to trick or treat this year! The parade and Hallowishes were amazing and the short lines were awesome! I hope you have a great trip!

Green Army Men!

Sorry for the long delay in updating! If you're following my current PTR -
If we can keep this trip a secret, it will be a Disney miracle! A Christmas 2015 PTR - you will have seen that we were at the beach for weeks! We had a super relaxing trip but I'm just getting caught up with unpacking and laundry. :laundy: :faint: Now I'm ready to finish up this TR so I can focus on our November trip...getting close to double digits now!

When I left off last time, we had spent our last morning playing at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. We had missed our first FP+ for the Frozen Sing Along because it took us longer than expected to get our luggage to Resort Airline Check In.

We wanted one final ride on Star Tours and it just happened to have a stand by wait for 10 minutes! Jim and I took Nate while my parents stayed with Colin and Jake at the HISTK playground.

I'll just go ahead and say that the quantity of photos I took at this point in the trip was on a serious decline. So pictures and details may be few and far between for the last few updates!

Nate posing in line with his glasses!

After saving the galaxy once again, it was time to use our FP+ for Toy Story Midway Mania. We gathered everyone up and made it right as the window for our 11:05 FP+ opened up. We zoomed through the line and the only photographic proof I have is this shot from Jim's phone.

Jim was apparently proud of his score and I think he rode with Colin?

When we exited the ride, we headed to the little toy stand across from TSMM because my mom though the boys needed just "one more little toy" to round out the suitcase full she had already purchased for them. :sad2:

Colin and I were looking at a display and guess who we saw?

He was still as a statue until we came up to him! He really just looked like another piece of decor rounding out the Toy Story theme! Colin was pretty happy!

We still had 3 more things on our agenda before we needed to get back to AOA to catch the ME! Just a few hours at Hollywood Studios left!

Next up

Two Shows for the Road

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter