Stressing Over Space Mountain

Do you remember what year it went down? I don’t remember it being as rough in the past either.
Not sure. All I remember that it was down for refurbish or something before our trip and it came back online when we were there and we could most certainly tell a difference.

The fact that it's dark is exactly the problem. You cannot see what is coming up and adjust your body (lean into the turn) so it causes extra jerkiness and that is what makes it so rough. I pass on Space now also and love SDMT.

My dad loves Space Mountain but has mild recurring neck problems.

He waits for a front spot because you can see just ahead of the car and try to lean into the turns a bit more. He usually comes out unscathed! :)

My dad loves Space Mountain but has mild recurring neck problems.

He waits for a front spot because you can see just ahead of the car and try to lean into the turns a bit more. He usually comes out unscathed! :)

Interesting! I may be willing to give that a try though it scares me a bit. I suffered my first whiplash in Jan 2013 and now I can bring it on again with just anything that jerks my neck around. However, I've not had problems with any other attraction at WDW other than Space. I do love Space and miss it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter