Stuff you're embarrassed to admit you're afraid of.

If I'm scared of something and faced with that fear I am sooooo not embarrassed to yell or whatever I have to do to get out of that situation. :scared1:

Im not at all embarrased to admit. The thought of getting torn apart by a great white freaks the you know what outta me. I'll die by covid before I get eaten alive. Im watching too much Discovery channel these days.

Heights and elevators. Idk why I ever thought Tower of Terror would be a good idea. I’ve been on it a couple times and I’m always crying as I walk off the ride. How embarrassing! 🤣

I am afraid of heights but not enought not to experience them, if that makes sense. I've stood on the edge of the Grand Canyon, ridden lifts up ski mountains, and gone on large roller coasters. I've always been able to close my eyes or whatever it took to get the experience.

I had a real fear of flying but I got a job traveling most weeks out of the year and made myself deal with it. I would get on the plane and put on headphones (this was all before cell phones!) and make myself sit there even though everything in my body was wanting to head out the door. Now I love flying. I love the fact that you have absolutely no responsibility in the air (now as a mom with a 22 year old, I totally flew with him when he was little and it was a responsibility so I get flying with kids is different lol).

Now, at 53, I fear not seeing and experiencing all the things I want to in this world based on finances or old age. My bucket list is a mile long and my money is not :). I think about it all the time. I fear that my life choices have not been good enough to fund my ambitions. That is what keeps me up at night honestly.

I'm not afraid to admit it, but I'm scared as hell of getting on a boat unless it's a boat at a Disney park. Even if somebody offered me a free cruise somewhere, I'd say no way!

Big scary spider? Give me a shoe and I will kill it...unless it's a wolf spider (I've caught those in the house and set them free outside...they move fast, but they're cute and eat lots of bugs and aren't scary). Snake in the yard? Give me a shovel and I'll kill that, too (unless it's a rattle snake...then I'd call the fire department). Lizard? If a lizard's in the house, I'd catch him and set him free (lizards are always named Larry, by the way). One time about 10 years ago, I found a poisonous centipede in the house...killed that, too, and tossed it outside.

But a boat? No frickin' way, man. If you invite me to go fishing out on your boat, I'll say no thanks.

I had no idea a Centipede could be poisonous. YIKES!! I've been known to jump on furniture at the sight of those, and now.......................!!!!

I love WDW, but I now skip the rollercoasters and Tower of Terror. I've been on TOT twice. Too much terror for me.

Ticks. They carry diseases.

Agree. When I was young, our dog picked up a pregnant tick while we were camping -- our house wound up being infested (they lay anywhere between 4,000 and 6,000 eggs). I have nightmares to this day.

Also, I can't step on boxes to flatten them -- gives me the collywobbles. I have to completely break it down (even cereal boxes).

Spiders. If one gets on my I'm getting naked real quick while screaming like a girl.

I have an irrational fear of cats, rats, mice and snakes touching me or being in my home. Not really bothered by seeing them as long as they are either contained or far away.

I thought of another one yesterday, though I'm not really embarassed to admit it. It is a more nonsensical one. Every time I get the hiccups I am afraid that I will be one of those people who gets them forever. I had the hiccups yesterday.... 😒

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter