• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stupid guest tricks.....

I am sure Disney would not be happy about that site. :earseek: Shows the "love" which is obviously seriously lacking for a lot (and yes - there are a TON of dumb people in the world, but welcome to customer service).

But you have to admit that some of those CMs are funny...

Frankly, I'm sure they NEED a place to vent. Read through some - they sure take a lot of abuse.

Thanks for sharing. I think the 13 things post is a riot. and I agree with the poster whole-heartedly!!!!

I think I might like this forum better than the DIS! How funny is it to see ourselves from another perspective! Thanks!

Ive been reading them for a while but actually was a little nervous posting it here...I dont know why though...:rolleyes1

Working some place like WDW I can't imagine NOT needing to vent. Look at how much venting happens on these boards regarding other guests! At least when when something happens to us, we can speak our minds. That's not an option if it's your job.

Also, some of the stories are pretty hysterical.

I love that site! Thanks for posting. I think I'll be much nicer after reading what they have to go through!

I like the one where the person is driving on the toll road and talking to guest services. She comes to the toll booth and asks the CM if she had a dollar.

I think the funny farm is missing one.

I am with you, Mell, I have been reading that board for quite a while now. The sad, and funny, thing is that so much has changed and yet so much has stayed the same over the years.

I am happy to hear that the site is generally well received by the DIS. Trust me, being a CM is extrememly hard work- having worked in a number of other Customer Service careers, I would think one would be hard-pressed to find a job where it is routine to personally deal with 1000+ people per hour each with very different needs, desires, attitudes, and reasons for being there. Even working tickets at a major airpot, which would come close, it would be a rare happenstance that a guest would challenge you, berate you, potentially shove you, and then report you because you couldn't tell them the exact location of a snackshop located at another airport. These agents also have Federal Regulartions to back them up and a number of secrutiy personnel close by to stop the abuse as it happens. I can assure you, the stories you are reading there are only a small part of the whole story.

If you haven't done so already, you might take a look at the thread that briefly mentions why CM stay - the "thank you" when a ride is completed, the smiles, and the joy. Trust me, they hear them even if they don't acknowledge them - at that moment, the CM may have their mind focused on the parent shoving a child full-speed toward a machine that could easily kill them.... but the Cms do hear it... and thank you for it. I know I did.

Maybe it's just me, but I did not find anything amusing about that site :confused3 ... To me the few posts I read were just downright depressing and sad :sad2: .

But to each his (or her) own... :sad2:

WithFaith50

I don't think they are meant to be depressing or sad...I posted it because I felt it was humerous, IMO...Ive worked with the public in several different situations and they truly are a pain in the you know what at times. I really do feel for the CMs becuase they always have to put on a happy face no matter what the situation and I just really felt that some of their stories were quite funny. But you are right..to each his own..

I think that site is hilarious gives you a whole new perspective on how idiot guests are viewed. So to think for every guest we find anoying imagine how many they must run into. I loveds number 5 he is so correct and it makes me laugh to see all these idiots on teh phone home to work to go over things. You are on holidays leave the work at home. If you need to then leave a detailed explanation of what needs to be done or better yet don't bother going on holidays if the office is that poorly run without you there.

CharlesTD said:
I think that site is hilarious gives you a whole new perspective on how idiot guests are viewed. So to think for every guest we find anoying imagine how many they must run into.

I enjoyed it too...to think how many times youve been there and saw a stupid guest and you can say something if you want but they cant or they would get fired...I think its great they have a forum to vent in and I really hope they dont feel annoyed that we have been reading it...I was really unsure whether to post the link or not and im glad its generally well received.....so far.....

Mellie I can only imagine just how tough they have it there. My wife is a restaurant manager and I know what she deals with on a daily/weekly basis and it is just a small place so I couldn't imagine how they deal with it. I work in life insurance and we get some damn stupid ignorant people but I am sure it is nothing in comparison to them hats off to the CM's glad they do have a place to go and vent maybe it was part of the solution to let us see it so we can see how idiotic we actually can be on holidays and maybe shed some light on the crap they deal with daily. Thanks for posting it very good read IMHO.

CharlesTD said:
to let us see it so we can see how idiotic we actually can be on holidays and maybe shed some light on the crap they deal with daily. Thanks for posting it very good read IMHO.

Thanks Charles... I felt this way too and it really made me more aware of myself and my family.. I feel we are reasonably well behaved guests and usually try to keep our ugliness to ourself when we get hot and tired but this makes me even more aware of how you can ruin someones workday. I do appreciate their kindness and I will be sure that we greet them better and thank them continuously..and I wont forget to take the box of Krispy Kremes to the valets like I usually do.. :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter