Summer Codes are ON THE WAY

kinggoofy

DIS Veteran
Okay...here goes

I just got off the phone with a VERY polite CM at 9AM CT.
I asked him a barrage of questions..(I played stupid..pretending I had no idea what these boards say.)

He said...there will be new codes announced at some point this week. When the early summer codes came out he said they came out at 1:30 in the afternoon back then for ressies up to July 3rd.

The codes out right now are for DC members with UPH passes too.

The AP rate for the summer (he thinks) will be the SAME as what is out there now up to July 3rd. $74 for mods before tax...$83 total.

I have the Comeback rate ...we paid $867 for 9 nights at Riverside.

When the new AP rate comes out..and if he is correct , I can get 10 nights at POR for $830 with the AP rate.

He kept reiterating that these new codes are going to be "out of this world" !!!!!!

I asked him many q's about the POFQ-POR renovations. ....
as of now POFQ is closed and there are no plans to change anyones ressies for POR ...he did say they may stop taking ressies for POR but would NOT switch anyone who already has a reservation.

Hope this helps....and if he is correct we are going to WDW for 10 nights instead of 9.

Thank you for taking the time to post this information :) I'm so anxious to book our room for our August surprise birthday trip for my hubby - he thinks we're going to New Hampshire!! that's not a big deal since we live in Maine. Thanks again - I can't wait!!

well I was just whining about AP holders being left out! Glad to hear that we aren't being totally forgotten. However Mousesavers says that the package can equate to 43% off room and tickets and we certainly don't get 43% off admission as AP holders unless we go alot.

Hi BVC23...(fellow..Illinoisan )

He did go over the benfits of the other packages with these codes....

If we were NOT getting AP's....I would certainly get the package deal they are offering. It does seem to be a BIG money saver.

I find what the CM said to be very interesting. Mary at Mousesavers, usually one in the know about codes says she doesn't think room only codes or AP rates will be released during this time, since she believes WDW will sell out with the Fairytale promotion. So, I guess we should stay tuned......

I just called CRO and booked one of these packages; I ended up choosing the Wilderness Lodge for 6 nights (August 16-22); the cast member told me I will get the UMP which includes the 4 theme parks, water parks, DisneyQuest, and Pleasure Island. She also said we would get a pin and framed picture of disney characters. The price I was quoted includes all taxes...it's $1,674.29. Does this sound like a good deal? I don't usually buy anything but park hoppers so this time we could go to the water parks and DisneyQuest for a change. I hope I did the right thing. She also quoted me the following prices for the hotels listed during our timeframe:

Grand Flo $2,298.77
POR $1,429.01
BoardWalk $2,075.69

I forgot to ask her where and when I would pick up our passes, pin, and photo. Also, she did say these were standard view rooms. Any confirmation of a good deal would be greatly appreciated!!

HamHam - you'll receive everything at check-in. Your passes will be encoded on your room key. Have a GREAT trip!

I called to check room only rates through the DC this evening and spoke to the reservationist at leangth about the possibility of room only codes, specifically AP rates. This is what one agent said, at 7:15 EST on May 6...take it for what it's worth (which probably isn't much :) )

I was told that this fairytale package is the "big deal" discount for the time being....I expressed my displeasure in the UPH and was really interested in room only rates. He did some digging around and found nothing to suggest that any room only rates are coming any time soon. In fact, he said that the AP rates "probably" wouldn't be released until the current ones are close to expiration. He was also quick to say that the agents are often the last to know about discounts.

Poly GV was already sold out for the dates I was interested in pricing--it was sold out prior to the release of the Fairytale package, so I am outta luck for the time being.

Madge....Thanks for posting

isn't it something how some CM's tell you one thing and then you hear something different from another.

When you said..."when the current AP rate runs out"...do you think the AP rate for late summer will come out AFTER July 3rd ?

Thanks

When you said..."when the current AP rate runs out"...do you think the AP rate for late summer will come out AFTER July 3rd ?

That was the definite impression this CM gave me...however, he said something about an AP package or something that doesn't expire until August. I have no idea what that means, unless it is the Disney Visa package promo.....these poor people, asked so many questions.....you'd think that the management would have them all on the same page regarding rate information.

I called this morning just to ask about room only discounts and spoke to two different CM's who assured me that AP discounts are on the way..but NOT to expect them anytime soon.

Disney will be waiting to see the results of the current promition.

I am just going to keep a positive attitude and hope for the best. Because what ever happens..I'm going to Disney anyway!:D

Madge...I could not agree with you more.

I have read , it seems like 1000 post today, and everyone has different stories of what the CM's told them .

Can you imagine if 100 of us "DISers" worked for a company and kept on giving wrong or false information....we would be fired !!

I'll take any room only code - AP, DC or Public - any room only
discount I can get - I'll take

I have been waiting for the room only codes to come out and Disney drops this "big bomb" of a deal!! Where was this deal last year, darn it!! Wow, this is going to be great for many...(maybe too many??);) I have my fingers crossed they will have some rooms left over to discount. I will have to be patient....which is sooooo hard when you are too excited. Keep watching...and posting those facts. Thanks

Great thread!!
Ethelina

Just called again this AM....nothing new. As long as I can dial the 1-800 number I will keep checking as I am sure everyone else will be.

In case someone does not know, the toll-free number it is
1-800-***-****. They say its for DC members but I have had a few family and friends call it (they are not DC members) and they never had a problem.

I booked this package yesterday when I read about it on these boards; I booked WL for 6 nights in August for $1,674.29. Well, last night after a lengthy discussion with my family I called back to change it to the Boardwalk Resort; the Fairytale package price is $2,075.69 a savings of $858. We've wanted to stay at this resort for years and this seems to be the best deal we'll be able to get. I'm just not sure about using all of the features of the UPH passes but I figured out the costs if we paid rack rate and bought 5 day hoppers and we still save money. Now if a really good "room only" code comes out that's a different story. By the way if anyone is wondering; the passes will be imbedded onto your room key mag stripe when you check in and you will be given a coupon to redeem in one of the gift shops to redeem for your pin and framed print. Also, I asked the CM to price out the Contemporary Tower for that time as well on the package and the price is $2,280.89 - this is for 2 adults and one junior aged 13 (which I believe is considered an adult in Disney pricing). Good luck to all - isn't this just so much fun:Pinkbounc

I, too, am an AP holder waiting for room only rates. :D

The DC Toll free number is a perk of a paid for membership - <i>that</i> is the reason they say it's for DC members. Posting the number on these boards is not allowed.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter