Summer Codes are ON THE WAY

Hello All!
I called this morning and was told by two different CRO reps that AP's are going to be released that will run till August 23, 2003. They stated to me that they could not tell me any of the details, but I asked could you tell me is it greater then a week or less than a week before the AP's are released and she stated around a week until AP's are released!! She was very polite and good and not giving me a direct anwser.

I'm greatful for my PAP's and the passes have already paid for themselfs, anything extra is a wonderful bonus. :)

Figaro

Thanks Figaro for posting and calling CRO

Now , that makes me think the CM in my original post WAS telling me the truth as well as others who have called.

The more and more I read different post.....I would find it hard to believe Disney would leave the AP & PAP holders "out to dry" .
But my glass is half full. At least thats what I want to think.

Just spoke to a CM....as of 3PM Chicago Time , no changes.
He did say the AP rates were going to come out just a Q of when .

Kinggoofy -

I have every confidence that AP rates will be released shortly. I base this on the fact that I just made the deposit for the fairytale package. If my life holds true to form with this whole trip planning thing I expect the rates to be incredible. Which of course will just cause more confusion and consternation in my life.

My children are absolutely fed up with me at this point.

I just talked to a CM and I found the conversation VERY interesting. I had "booked" a Fairytale Magic package to get the rates for my friend yesterday. Well, today I called back to cancel it under the guise my DH wouldn't go again in August. Anyway, I said if AP rates come out, maybe I can get back in August. He told me that when they were in the meeting when this promotion was announced, the first question asked was what about the passholders. The response they were given, was that they MIGHT do some sort AP rates, but not for a while. They wanted to see how this promotion went first, and then they might work something out for the passholders. He also told me that if you wanted discounts this summer, they were going to require people to buy the passes as well, so I got the impression that there would be NO room only codes for the general public. He also said they anticipate this promotion going VERY well, and if they do some sort of AP discount it would be VERY limited in availability. He told me I should have kept this package, since it was a good price, but he could understand why I didn't want to since I was a passholder (I never told him, must be in my "file"). So, those of us waiting for AP codes or room only codes, I definately didn't get a good feeling from this CM.

I'm tired of all the game playing. :( At least I know I'm getting 15% off my "room only" rate by using my AAA membership. If Disney wants to start pushing pkg. deals won't AP sales suffer?

TC:cool:

Originally posted by jadedNYer
I have every confidence that AP rates will be released shortly. I base this on the fact that I just made the deposit for the fairytale package. If my life holds true to form with this whole trip planning thing I expect the rates to be incredible. Which of course will just cause more confusion and consternation in my life.

My children are absolutely fed up with me at this point.

Oh No you booked it too? Well, now we won't know if it was you booking it or me booking it that will cause the AP rates to come out!

We just didn't have great rates with what we had booked, so we decided this package was better than nothing, and it saved us about $450 from what we were going to pay, plus upgraded our room from standard to waterview, and gave us another day at the parks.

I'll still be looking for AP rates or codes, but all the CM's I've talked to in the last couple days keep saying that this DC FT package, plus the FT package open to the general public soon, are the truly "big deals" this summer.
life.gif

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Ohmigod! This waiting and speculating is extremely stressful! I am going in June (staying on points) and trying to decide about the purchase of annual passes. This new twist on codes (including tix) has me more confused than ever! My family tends to do "day on/day off" at the parks so I don't like those UPH's. But if they are the key to a good room rate, well... Quick, somebody tell me how to win the lottery so I can buy more DVC points...

Cindala,

Not only did I book it, I put a deposit down. $200 to be exact. It was 200 because of the room only reservation on the last day. Who knows, they might come out with buy 1 AP get 1 free and 75% off all rooms for the entire year with no blackout dates. This whole mess is because I got wise to the beauty of AP's thanks to this board. Unfortunatley, I only found this board a year ago and it was after having paid of my reservation balance and probably when the cancellation penalty kicked in.

Originally posted by jadedNYer
Not only did I book it, I put a deposit down. $200 to be exact. It was 200 because of the room only reservation on the last day.

Ok then, it'll definitely be your fault, because I didn't put down a deposit yet! Oh boy, let's hope things work out for everyone!
flowerface.gif

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

Thanks for keeping us all up to date on the latest from CRO about AP rates. Do any of you think this might be a way of encouraging people who might buy one AP and park hoppers for everyone else to see these packages as comparable savings? I also think they want to encourage people to stay at WDW for the typical week vacation instead if venturing to the other parks.

Hey Kinggoofy!! They are here!! I just posted to Dalpal a big thanks, and one to you also! These posts are fun! Hope to see you on other threads.
Shopgirl

Thanks for a great positive thread King Goofy and everyone else. Congratulations to all who can use these AP rates.

BTW if you call and can't get your first choice of hotel for your dates, don't give up. Last summer we planned a trip a month or so out and at first I could only get our 3rd choice of hotels. Eventually I got all nights at our first choice.

The glass is now FULL.

We are so excited that we decided to book Thursday night the Aug. 14th too. 10 nights in Disney.

I posted on another thread...our August trip was the "comeback rate" which turned out to be almost the same as the AP rate...

BUT....we saved our family almost $500 . They are joining us from Aug. 20th - 24th. 2 Rooms are POR.

a BIG thanks to all who kept everyone else informed. Its nice to come to a place (these boards) where this is all we can worry about.

Someone else posted on another thread..."what are we going to whine abut now".

Give us a few days....we'll think of something.

Thanks to ALL !!!!!!!!

HamHam,

For another $400 you might want to think about booking BW.

steve

Kinggoofy

That would have been me wondering what we can whine about now. For the past several days I didn't even think about the fact that this whole Disney trip involves an AIRPLANE:eek: That gives me something to stress about for the next 21/2 months.

Need to get a countdown timer. Now that I have finall booked my original plan, I feel like it's "official.":bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

Kinggoofy thank you for your updates and persistence. As they say, it pays off and it sure did in this case.

jadedNYer

What do you think we have been discussing (arguing) about the past 3 hours.....airfare AND car rental .

Do we fly out early on the 14th...afternoon...or night...????

Why are the employees at National car such a bunch of "goofs" ?

lets try Alamo or something else.

DOES IT EVER END ??????????

The glass was FULL...now its back to half full becasue I am drinking from it.

Originally posted by HamHam
I booked this package yesterday when I read about it on these boards; I booked WL for 6 nights in August for $1,674.29. Well, last night after a lengthy discussion with my family I called back to change it to the Boardwalk Resort

HamHam,

Guess I jumped the gun a bit, I posted to your first message before reading the rest of the posts, You will not regret it, we've stayed at the BW 6 times, Food & Wine this year will make 7.

Have a great time.

steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter