Summer fun. Hopefully

Uh so I just did a thing......

Off to the Dominican Republic we go in just over 3 weeks :cheer2: :worship: Cases are fairly low and don't seem to be on the rise (they are on the rise in Mexico and not great). Vaccinations are also better there than Mexico (about half have one dose, 35% fully). The resort seems to be taking many covid precautions (more than the hotel we were booked at in Mexico) and the onsite PCR test is $79/person vs $150 in Mexico. So looks like our trip being cancelled was a good thing :thumbsup2

I believe most of the resorts have vaccinated staff, so depending on how much you plan to do off the resort you should be pretty well protected there. And that isn't bad for the PCR test. I'm still considering it for December... keep changing my mind on what to book or not. I'll be interested to hear how it goes! And if you enjoy the resort you chose.

Uh so I just did a thing......

Off to the Dominican Republic we go in just over 3 weeks :cheer2: :worship: Cases are fairly low and don't seem to be on the rise (they are on the rise in Mexico and not great). Vaccinations are also better there than Mexico (about half have one dose, 35% fully). The resort seems to be taking many covid precautions (more than the hotel we were booked at in Mexico) and the onsite PCR test is $79/person vs $150 in Mexico. So looks like our trip being cancelled was a good thing :thumbsup2

Oh My Gosh
Have a great time Hon.
Hugs
Mel

Back at Wonderland for the 2nd time this year. Much busier than the first time. I will say boy have I missed the screams of the people on the coasters. That to me is what makes a park for me. Seeing the smiles on children doesn't do much

Back from Wonderland. Had a great trip. Went on Friday, did all of the rides that we wanted without purchasing Fastlane. Started our day early and did most of the big rides with a max of 30 min wait.
We had a great time. Kids were not impressed by the water park ( huge lines), so we will skip it next time, but they loved the rides at the main park. We bought the season pass, along with the season pass for dining and drinks. I would recommend bringing a cup with a lid. They will give you a disposable cup, but at least this way you can transfer it to your cup and not worry about spilling it as you walk or save it for later. No lids are supplied for drinks.
I was impressed with the cleanliness. Saw them cleaning the handrails while we waited in line. For the most part, everyone had their mask on in line. Everyone was friendly.
We managed to get a reservation for Saturday at 4:30pm on Friday afternoon. Lucky for us, it rained in the afternoon, so when we went at 5pm, the lines were really short. Did 5 rides including Leviathan , Yukon striker, and had dinner before 7:45.
My only issue now, is that I can't make a reservation for our August trip. Keep getting and error 61 code, that I've passed my allotted reservations and must cancel one to book a new one. Has anyone else had this issue?

Back from PEI yesterday. We managed to get in three of five nights of campfires. Two days mid-week of solid rain was definitely a downer, but took DD13 and DN13 to Shining Waters for the afternoon on Friday. The park was only at 25% capacity, so we had 3.5 hours of continuous waterslide action and then an hour for the few dry rides they had open. Got some Beavertails and poutine. It was a great day!

I'd like to mention how AMAZING it was not needing to wear masks everywhere! It was heaven, TBH.

An update for my Wonderland reservations error message. Waited on hold for and hour and 20 minutes in their phone queue. Spoke with a friendly customer service rep. Seems the Water park reservation that I cancelled on my app was still showing in their system even though it was no longer showing on my app. She manually cancelled my reservation and I was able to make another one for our August trip. We're all set. Looking forward to going back.

I think Wonderland is going to be busy when we go, just got an email saying they are removing the reservation time. Still have to reserve a date but they are opening more slots. I am kind of glad we got the fastpass (or whatever they call it), though I understand wait times have improved since they opened. Still looking forward to going, even if we have to wear masks and all that. It will just be nice to be not at home for a couple days...

We are off next week to camp in the Montérégie region of Québec. A first for us. :) We plan on visiting the Granby zoo and water park as well as some other local attractions. We will also visit one of the strangest border crossing in a small town called Stanstead. The border runs right through the town with the public library half in Canada and half in the US. 😆

I think Wonderland is going to be busy when we go, just got an email saying they are removing the reservation time. Still have to reserve a date but they are opening more slots. I am kind of glad we got the fastpass (or whatever they call it), though I understand wait times have improved since they opened. Still looking forward to going, even if we have to wear masks and all that. It will just be nice to be not at home for a couple days...

Me too. I was excited to get an early time , but now we will have to go even earlier to be at the start of the lines .. I’m actually looking forward to when the littles are done and I can leave the big kids checking into the hotel and ordering Uber eats.. ha ha and am thankful for fastlane plus.
more worried about food lines I hear they are bad

We were happy that we didn't need Fastlane on this trip. We will probably splurge for 2 days in August. Especially now that they are letting in more people.

Food and beverage lines were long last week. Especially for Funnel cakes! We skipped that one.

Some good and bad news for those going to Wonderland.
Good: I was able to book a third reservation this morning as per their new reservation allotment of 3 at a time.
Bad: Fast Lane went up by $9 per person.

Good: I was able to book a third reservation this morning as per their new reservation allotment of 3 at a time.

Glad I had already purchased, I was going to wait until closer to the trip to see how lines are but decided to just go for it.

Did not know we could now book a 3rd reservation...thanks!

I can't believe how excited I am to go to Toronto for two nights, even though I will be driving (and I hate driving). Is it weird I am looking forward to staying in a hotel? I'm going to pretend it's Animal Kingdom (Toronto Zoo) and hmm Magic Kingdom (Wonderland)? Yeah... that's it. We'll stop at the Vaughan Mall to go to the Disney Store. So excited.

We may go to Mont Cascades next week as well, we've never been and want to compare it to Calypso, it is certainly cheaper! Waiting for the forecast to book a day that will be warm.

I can't believe how excited I am to go to Toronto for two nights, even though I will be driving (and I hate driving). Is it weird I am looking forward to staying in a hotel? I'm going to pretend it's Animal Kingdom (Toronto Zoo) and hmm Magic Kingdom (Wonderland)? Yeah... that's it. We'll stop at the Vaughan Mall to go to the Disney Store. So excited.

We may go to Mont Cascades next week as well, we've never been and want to compare it to Calypso, it is certainly cheaper! Waiting for the forecast to book a day that will be warm.

Where did you book? We are at homewood suites in Vaughn . We do wonderland the 8th zoo the 9th.. I’m thankful we got fastlane too. And I’m a little concerned capacity limits will be gone by then as I keep hearing august 6 would be the earliest we get out of stage 3.. I’m hoping not till after Toronto as selfish as that may seem

Where did you book? We are at homewood suites in Vaughn . We do wonderland the 8th zoo the 9th.. I’m thankful we got fastlane too. And I’m a little concerned capacity limits will be gone by then as I keep hearing august 6 would be the earliest we get out of stage 3.. I’m hoping not till after Toronto as selfish as that may seem

Make sure you say hi, we'll be staying at the same hotel! I used AM to book and it looked like a nice place close to Wonderland. I am hoping to swim on the 9th at the hotel pool after we check in, but I am not sure if you have to book that in advance (I think they are reserving times for it, I plan to call this week), we'll see :) we are the zoo on the 9th and Wonderland on the 10th.

Make sure you say hi, we'll be staying at the same hotel! I used AM to book and it looked like a nice place close to Wonderland. I am hoping to swim on the 9th at the hotel pool after we check in, but I am not sure if you have to book that in advance (I think they are reserving times for it, I plan to call this week), we'll see :) we are the zoo on the 9th and Wonderland on the 10th.

ha ha ha because we were at calypso the same day too

ha ha ha because we were at calypso the same day too

Yes, seems we plan the same way :) when is your next Disney vacation? I have December booked but probably going to postpone until at least mid January so my 11 year old can get vaccinated before we go (he turns 12 early December so I think he'll be good by then, but reluctant to move it until I know more about vaccines for the younger kids). Maybe we'll end up there at the same time too lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter