Support group for us no pin people!?

I am hoping upon hope to get a pin/discount code/offer for the additional nights we'll be staying next June......staying with family for 5nights on DVC, but we're gonna extend our trip longer for some ME time between the Hubster and I :hug: .

Just look for me.....I'll be the one :surfweb: here.........

That's the same thing I did, left out a "r" in my name and used my previous address. I have heard it can cause problems but to keep trying if you get a CM that won't let you use it. I was considering BC too, but will be happy to just add another day!

Add me to the list of folks who used a junk mail account with a misspelled last name that got 2(!) pins this year but didn't have an WDW.com account. However, my real account, the one associated with our 3+ visits over the past 5 years has never seen a code.

I called and talked with a CM about the spam account and asked to have it removed from the Pin database as I know that I'll never be able to use the code (the misspelling is that far removed from my real name). I'm hoping for some pixie dust for that karma move. Otherwise, our November trip will remain in the planning stages.

Pinless and bummed- I think Mickey just doesn't miss me enough to send me one!! :rotfl2:

Wow- Disney must hate me. I haven't gotton pin to WDW ever. One to DL but really, I live 7 hours from WDW - why would I go to DL over WDW? My mother, sister, mother -in-law and brother - in -law have gotten pins to my address - not me. How does that happen??!!!!:confused3:confused3

Will contuine my quest for a Disney pin. Just wanted to vent.

BUT I GOT THE WHITE RABBIT!!!!! :worship::worship::worship:

I am in complete shock. It arrived 7 days after I got the "Explore Your Resort" email...which I had received once before on a different account, but the PIN never followed. This account is the one I created using an old address, and spelling my first and last names differently. I am going to need to "update" my profile! YAY! :yay:

I still can't believe it. I didn't even bother checking my email all weekend because I had pretty much given up hope. Thank you guys sooo much! :woohoo:

I am blown away. The PIN is blocked out for Columbus Day weekend, which is when we need to arrive (for a convention). Looks like I may need to book through the convention for the weekend at their rate (which is okay, not great) and then make a separate reservation for the rest of the week through Disney. Crossing my fingers they still have availability at Beach Club!

So I have to call to check for availability, right?

I just called the CM and they had consolidated my old address and misspelling account that I had got the Explore Your Resort email on with my current email. The CM deleted the account that had the Explore Your Resort email so I am pinless but he said to keep checking back and trying.

I am really bummed as we really wanted to upgrade to Club level...

I am in complete shock. It arrived 7 days after I got the "Explore Your Resort" email...which I had received once before on a different account, but the PIN never followed. This account is the one I created using an old address, and spelling my first and last names differently. I am going to need to "update" my profile! YAY! :yay:

I still can't believe it. I didn't even bother checking my email all weekend because I had pretty much given up hope. Thank you guys sooo much! :woohoo:

I am blown away. The PIN is blocked out for Columbus Day weekend, which is when we need to arrive (for a convention). Looks like I may need to book through the convention for the weekend at their rate (which is okay, not great) and then make a separate reservation for the rest of the week through Disney. Crossing my fingers they still have availability at Beach Club!

:yay::yay::yay:

Congrats.!! Finally!:yay::cool1: We are going to be there at the exact same time as you, and we moved our dates to the 11th-18th to take advantage of the pin fully. Yes, you definitely have to call to check for availability. Be ready to book immediately if they are willing to do it, though, since you received the pin on an account where you used an old address, etc. They will see all of that (based on what they told me, and despite me updating the profile), and a CM may give you a hard time. When I was booking a few weeks ago with the pin, the Beach Club was available for the dates you want, so good luck!!:thumbsup2

I just called the CM and they had consolidated my old address and misspelling account that I had got the Explore Your Resort email on with my current email. The CM deleted the account that had the Explore Your Resort email so I am pinless but he said to keep checking back and trying.

I am really bummed as we really wanted to upgrade to Club level...

Bummer!! I'm sure that public discounts are coming, though, so I would be willing to bet that you stand an excellent chance of being able to upgrade to CL. :goodvibes

Bummer!! I'm sure that public discounts are coming, though, so I would be willing to bet that you stand an excellent chance of being able to upgrade to CL. :goodvibes

A friend of mine booked the Poly last night for early December. The CM told her that while she didn't have a PIN attached to her name, she could expect general discounts in July. I'm banking on that in the event I can't use my trumped-up PIN :thumbsup2

:goodvibes :cool1: :goodvibes :cool1: :goodvibes

Color me Monster as of 9:30 tonight!

Tips to try for those who have tried everything else --

number one tip -- totally give up and don't expect it. That seems to work the best!

2. I had ordered the planning DVD back in Feb and indicated DL as my next visit. A week and a half ago, I re-ordered the DVD, but this time indicated WDW as my next visit.

3. Plus I created a few more itineraries, deleted a couple, and always answered the survey "not the value I expected."

I'll be on the phone first thing in the a.m... er, after I wake up after I go back to sleep.

Here's some dust for those of you still waiting... pixiedust:

Newby here to the whole pin thing! DH and I are coming over from Australia in December for 12 days.

Guess my question would be, will WDW send a pin overseas? Or do I have to keep my eyes open for an email?

:confused3:confused3:confused3

Sorry if these questions have already been asked.

number one tip -- totally give up and don't expect it. That seems to work the best!

2. I had ordered the planning DVD back in Feb and indicated DL as my next visit. A week and a half ago, I re-ordered the DVD, but this time indicated WDW as my next visit.

3. Plus I created a few more itineraries, deleted a couple, and always answered the survey "not the value I expected."

I'll be on the phone first thing in the a.m... er, after I wake up after I go back to sleep.

finally!!! You've been waiting a looooong time, I know, so I'm thrilled for you!:cool1:

Still no pin. I got three explore your resort Emails at 3 different addresses and still nothing. It has been weeks since getting 2 of them.

I am sincerely happy for you!
Did you get what you wanted??

I am sincerely happy for you!
Did you get what you wanted??

Thanks for the :goodvibes. I was so delirious about the pin I forgot I actually had to go to work today. As soon as I can poll the fam about which hotel they want to stay in, I'll call and see what's available.

finally!!! You've been waiting a looooong time, I know, so I'm thrilled for you!:cool1:

Thanks! Giving up really helps... ;)

But now I've got to redo my spreadsheet with the new days/park hours/room/food options and make that phone call...

Not that I'm complaining :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter