Support group for us no pin people!?

hang in there... the first time i went to wdw was in october of 1971 and have been 20 or 30 times since then. we've been staying onsite since the late 90s and i JUST got my first pin code today. i did the same as everyone else trying to get one and after all these years just got one and you can bet we booked our trip within hours of getting that little bugger.

I am sincerely happy for you!
Did you get what you wanted??
:yay::yay::yay:

I didn't get what I wanted (the $14,000 concierge suite at GF), but I got what the budget will tolerate. Saved some bucks but we're in the ballpark now, instead of up in the Box Seats. Six nights at YC we otherwise couldn't do. :banana:

Hope I get lucky like you. :goodvibes

Do the itinerary tricks, order the DVD for WDW, and give up hope (but hang in there!)!

It's weird -- when I called, the automated system asked me if I had been to WDW at least once since 2005. I said yes. Then it asked me if I had been there more than five times. I said yes.

THEN THE VOICE ASKED ME FOR MY FIFTEEN DIGIT PIN CODE...

Hmmmmm.... :rolleyes1

FWIW -- I just checked email account #2 of 3...and yes, Virginia, Monster Pin on THAT account as well. Maybe they're doing it alphabetically...?

Newby here to the whole pin thing! DH and I are coming over from Australia in December for 12 days.

Guess my question would be, will WDW send a pin overseas? Or do I have to keep my eyes open for an email?

:confused3:confused3:confused3

Sorry if these questions have already been asked.

No worries -- we're all new to pin codes.

Go back thru this thread and try all the tricks. Register your email with Disney at the disney.go.com (or is it go.disney.com) and log in. Save some itineraries, then delete them. If you get the survey, answer with the "not the value I was looking for" and submit. Do that several times over a week or so. Order the DVD for WDW (not DL). Use multiple emails and do the same for all.

Now, all of this assumes you have enough time (or not enough of a life) to do all this.

It helps to be addicted to Disney!!! :scared1:

No worries -- we're all new to pin codes.

Go back thru this thread and try all the tricks. Register your email with Disney at the disney.go.com (or is it go.disney.com) and log in. Save some itineraries, then delete them. If you get the survey, answer with the "not the value I was looking for" and submit. Do that several times over a week or so. Order the DVD for WDW (not DL). Use multiple emails and do the same for all.

Now, all of this assumes you have enough time (or not enough of a life) to do all this.

It helps to be addicted to Disney!!! :scared1:

:thumbsup2 Thanks for the help larryz. Will go through what you have suggested and see what happens. Fingers crossed and for all out there hoping for an extra magical Disney experience.

Do the itinerary tricks, order the DVD for WDW, and give up hope (but hang in there!)!

It's weird -- when I called, the automated system asked me if I had been to WDW at least once since 2005. I said yes. Then it asked me if I had been there more than five times. I said yes.

THEN THE VOICE ASKED ME FOR MY FIFTEEN DIGIT PIN CODE...

Hmmmmm.... :rolleyes1

FWIW -- I just checked email account #2 of 3...and yes, Virginia, Monster Pin on THAT account as well. Maybe they're doing it alphabetically...?

It asked you for your pin code???? I've called a number of times, and that's never happened. Not sure what to make of it, but glad that you got that pin at last!!!:cool1:

There IS hope -- if I got one, you can too! Keep on trying until you give up... then try again!

Someone in marketing (or the computer) will decide when you're worthy, and will grace you with a pin.

I have given up hope and I haven't been to Disney for 18 years. I booked my trip before learning about pins! I am going to try one more time this weekend from my parent's computer.

There IS hope -- if I got one, you can too! Keep on trying until you give up... then try again!

Someone in marketing (or the computer) will decide when you're worthy, and will grace you with a pin.

i actually gave up to the point that I deleted my 2 new yahoo emails. I still have my others, but I am feeling hopeless so

I have given up hope and I haven't been to Disney for 18 years. I booked my trip before learning about pins! I am going to try one more time this weekend from my parent's computer.

Based on my "conversation" with the automated voice, I'm thinking you have to go at least once in the last five years, and more than once overall.

Based on my "conversation" with the automated voice, I'm thinking you have to go at least once in the last five years, and more than once overall.
Is this really true?
I thought I have seen people on the dis get one in the process of planning their first trip. I'd love to know since this is our first trip as a family. I've been as a child, and my DD has been with my parents. DH has never been. Would love to know if I definitely CANT get one.

Is this really true?
I thought I have seen people on the dis get one in the process of planning their first trip. I'd love to know since this is our first trip as a family. I've been as a child, and my DD has been with my parents. DH has never been. Would love to know if I definitely CANT get one.

Those were the questions I was asked, and answered. But that doesn't mean that the "Marketing Machine" won't bestow a pin on you if you hit all the wickets...
register an email (or more)
order the planning DVD for WDW
check "I want to receive offers"
save some itineraries and change them
answer the exit survey "not the value I was looking for"
wait for a pin
play with all the "fluff" emails you'll get (letterhead, DIY video, explore the resort)
give up hope
keep repeating until you get a pin

So tonight I may try to use the PIN I received under my previous address/misspelled name. DH finally officially registered for his conference. Wish me luck!

I'm going to update my profile info right before I call. I am ready to book if they'll let me use it. And I'm booking two rooms, possibly Club Level. Do you think I should get them to price things out first, then tell them I have a PIN at the end? :confused3

Those were the questions I was asked, and answered. But that doesn't mean that the "Marketing Machine" won't bestow a pin on you if you hit all the wickets...
register an email (or more)
order the planning DVD for WDW
check "I want to receive offers"
save some itineraries and change them
answer the exit survey "not the value I was looking for"
wait for a pin
play with all the "fluff" emails you'll get (letterhead, DIY video, explore the resort)
give up hope
keep repeating until you get a pin
Thanks! I have been trying all those for about a year. Maybe we'll get a pin by chance.. I hope so, but I keep checking my email way too often. I'd give up completely if Iknew for sure that I wouldn't be eligible.

So tonight I may try to use the PIN I received under my previous address/misspelled name. DH finally officially registered for his conference. Wish me luck!

I'm going to update my profile info right before I call. I am ready to book if they'll let me use it. And I'm booking two rooms, possibly Club Level. Do you think I should get them to price things out first, then tell them I have a PIN at the end? :confused3

Tell them right off the bat, unless it asks you to enter the pin code, which it may, BUT you will still have to tell them, for some reason... I called first and they quoted me regular price, I got confirmation number etc, and called back with the code and asked what the package and code was for... package or room only.
Good Luck!

Hi everyone...I wanted to wish all of you still waiting for PINS the best of luck and report that the PIN I rec'd under a misspelled name and old address was just accepted with no questions asked. I am on :cloud9:

Here is how I got my PIN:

1) After no luck on several existing accounts (linked to my home address as well as DH's work address), I created a new Gmail email account.
2) I then created a new Disney account (after clearing cookies, etc.) and spelled my first and last names incorrectly. I used my previous address, which Disney has never seen as I never booked a trip while living there. (We used to stay offsite :laughing:) I DID NOT INCLUDE A PHONE NUMBER ON THIS PROFILE as this probably would have linked me to my other profiles.
3) When I received the "Explore Your Resort" email, I went in every day or so and tinkered with packages and itineraries per all the various methods that have been discussed here ad nauseam.
4) Exactly 7 days after the "Explore Your Resort" was rec'd, I rec'd the White Rabbit.

Today, right before calling, I updated the profile to my correct name spelling and current address. When I called the phone number on the PIN email, I was asked to enter my PIN number. Then the automated system asked me whether my email address was "X" - "X" being one of my ORIGINAL emails on file w/Disney (!). I was surprised all my info had apparently been consolidated so quickly started to get nervous. I then had to spell my name and provide my phone number. :scared1:

After that I was connected to a CM, and she was extremely nice and helpful and asked NO questions about my various profiles, etc. :thumbsup2 When she asked to confirm my email address, she referenced the Gmail account that rec'd the PIN.

So keep trying everyone! Seriously, I had given up hope. I think the "fresh" address and using NO phone number on your profile is what did it for me.

For the unlucky ones, just keep trying dont give up yet. I didn't get one on my main account for quite some time. I then created 3 other accounts and within 5 days 2 out of the three had received the 20/30/40 pins. Here's what i did.

I created 3 accounts with different email providers.(gmail, yahoo, msn)

Built 2 itineraries on each. One with me saying im staying off disney property and one with me looking for accomidations. Both saying they need tickets also.

I took the one thats looking for a resort and did a room only search and saved 3 offers. One for deluxe, moderate, and value.

I made sure that my profiles said that i visited Disney 10+ times.

After that made sure that I was receiving offers and signed up for the weekly newsletter.

The after that 5 days later i was sent pins on 2 of the 3 newly created accounts.

Hope this helps, good luck to everyone thats still looking.

Hi everyone...I wanted to wish all of you still waiting for PINS the best of luck and report that the PIN I rec'd under a misspelled name and old address was just accepted with no questions asked. I am on :cloud9:

Yeah!!!:cool1: I'm sooo glad that you were able to use it!!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter