Surprise massage on the ship?!?!?!?

LAMPSKIES

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>
O.k. it is DW's b-day in October. She did the massage last time we went on a cruise with DCL. She is kind of on the frugal side when it come to things like massages and pampering. I would love to book her "the works" for our Nov. 29 Eastern sailing and give it to her on Oct. 8th her b-day. Massage, manicure, pedicure, hairstyled. I'm not sure all that is available on the ship but if it is she will never pay for it. But if it was prepaid I'm sure she wouldn't let it go to waste either. Any ideas???

How about calling and buying her an on board credit, then when she gets on board she can make all her reservations, and everything will already be paid for!

I don't know if they have a "works" package, but I strongly recommend the Absolute Face & Body. It's a massage and facial combo for around $150, and it is decadently wonderful! Maybe you could talk to the spa manager about paying in advance. I'm not sure how you would do the gratuity, since you add that when signing the slip at the end. You could probably do that upfront and trust them to still do a good job.
You could toss in a pass to the Rainforest too (or, since she is on the frugal side, at least do that if she will get upset about a more extensive treatment). Hubby and I are just the opposite when it comes to spa treatments. Between the two of us, our combined spa bill usually rivals the cost of the cruise!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I did the Absolute face and body on our first cruise, it was very nice, the only thing I didn't like was the woman was really pushing the facial products and they were very expensive like $80.00 for moisturizer. I would do as previously suggested and purchase her an on board credit. You may want to consider getting her a spa pedicure manacure and hair package for at home to do right before she leaves fo the cruise. I know when I get a manicure and pedicure that takes about an hour and a half and my hair (cut and color) takes about two hours, the massage is an hour so for "the works" she would be spending a huge amount of time in the spa that day. If you got her a gift certificate at her local salon she could have some things done the day before you leave and then do the facial and massage while on board.

Surprise message on the ship?!?!?!?

LAMPSKIES - I thought you were referring to a Mickey wake-up call...

As I always say to my secretary, take a massage...

Hey Buckaroo, your getting slow.......it took you three posts to catch it. LOL The at home thing could be o.k. but we are going two days early (Thursday Thanksgiving and Friday at WDW). Between her running around for two weeks prior to our trip having dresses altered, clothes purchased and packing for our two DD's and myself there is NO WAY she could relax for a couple of hours. I know what she goes thru every time we take a trip for the two months prior. When the plane takes off she cries. I just thought I could book something for Sunday or Monday for a couple of hours and myself and DD's would hang out by a pool or something. Just give her some much needed R&R................Is a little later in the trip then I wanted but what about CC?

So that gives you two days at sea from the get go. What I would do if I were the one planning it.. I would let her have the first day to just unwind (have some champage, relax etc) then book her the facial/massage for sea day number two. What you could do is purchase an onboard credit for that amount and give her that in a card saying that YOU (being a kind husband that you are) will do the Ressie rush upon boarding and will make her spa appointment for her. Tell her it is prepaid so she can not balk! If you do it on day two she will be so relaxed for the entire trip... now if you really want to make it special I can let you in on a great jewelry store in St. Maarten that has excellent deals, not too bad of a walk and you could pick up a little something special for her at your first port!

O.K. Ann you're onto me...........you found out that I really wanted to suck up and get her the spa treatment so I wouldn't have to shop the rest of the trip. You threw that jewelery shop thing at me to trick me didn't ya? LOL

well..........nothing says loven like something that cost as much as an oven (and glimmers ;) )

My DH surprised me with a gorgeous tanzanite necklace and earrings at dinner on St. Maarten night. It was only the second time he'd given me jewelry in 18 years! (and no, the first one was a watch - I got my wedding ring via FedEx from his grandmother! -- and I LOVE it!). He arranged ahead of time for the jewelry woman on the ship to pick them up bring them on board for him -- I was totally surprised! AND -- on Sunday (first sea day) I did have the Absolute Face and Body (first spa treatment ever) and I was the happiest mom on the ship! As much as I love the spa treatment and the jewelry they are extra special because of the effort and thought he put into getting them! Remember, a little effort goes a long way! ;)

Is that you can look at it everyday and think about how special someone thought you were. I have a bracelett DS bought me on board (the have "gold" by the inch it is plated gold over jewelers metal but still looks good) he spent his last bit of credit on it and I wear it at least once a week..........

Originally posted by LAMPSKIES
O.K. Ann you're onto me...........you found out that I really wanted to suck up and get her the spa treatment so I wouldn't have to shop the rest of the trip. You threw that jewelery shop thing at me to trick me didn't ya? LOL

I'm not trying to be a negative person here, but are you absolutely positively 100% sure that this is something that she would like or something that YOU would like for her?

Just think about this before you spend the money on it....maybe there is something else she would appreciate more? She might be the go-go-go person who can't sit still for even 15 minutes and a 2-hour spa treatment would just be too agonizing for a multi-tasker like herself.

This is an incredibly sweet thought (I WISH my DH read these boards to get this sweet idea), but are you sure???

She did the regular massage (look Buckaroos dad I can spell!!!LOL) last cruise and LOVED IT. Some "bling bling" would be nice but, yes, her b-day is Oct. 8 and our 14th anniversay is the 14th, and isn't sweetest day the following weekend? And oh, did I mention she is standing up for tenna4 and bffitsus wedding next weekend.......in Las Vegas! Soooooo I'm thinking some pampering is in order!!!! After all she has put up with me for the last 14 years. LOL

If Buckaroo's Dad is slow, so am I! I also thought the OP wanted to have a message waiting in the cabin or something. Massage didn't register with me at all!

But . . . in answer to the question . . .
If you want to do something nice for this person, I'd suggest putting some money on her shipboard account so that SHE can decide what she wants. Honestly, the idea of a facial or another spa treatment just doesn't appeal to me. I don't see it as "pampering" -- I see it as invasive and overly personal! I don't want strangers putting their hands all over me. I'd rather spend the money on an excursion or a nice piece of jewlery (as another poster suggested).

Thanks for your input Mrspete..........but, she really did enjoy the mAssage last Nov on our last cruise. Jewelery, a new Expedition, sports car, house in a gated community, being able to be a "stay at home mom" and being able to go on another Disney cruise is all nice (please I'm not trying to gloat just make a point) I just would like her to have some "me time" that she doesn't get to much at home. Maybe I'm thinking wrong but I think a mAssage and facial and whatever else is something from my heart.....a here honey, go get pampered. She would NEVER pay that kind of $$$$ on herself and I know she would enjoy it. and believe me I know by then she WILL need it.

you are very sweet. It is hard being a stay at home mom sometimes (and yes, I think it is hard being a working mom too, and a single mom too!). When your kids are not all in school you NEVER have alone time (or sometimes go for days without speaking to another adult), and when you do, you are doing something for someone else -- grocery shopping, going to the cleaners, "can you go pick this up for me", "oh, I forgot, I need these umpteen things for school today", you stay home and have nothing to do so can you do this for the class?, etc. , etc. My point? Giver her her "me time" that you know she will enjoy!

Have a great cruise.

well you are SO thoughtfull.. I agree go for the "me" time !! Ps ..want my phone number to call DH about my birthday??
Such a nice husband!

O.K......looks like "me time" is in with the ladies!!!! Ship, on day two I think is what I'm going for. I have to be able to just walk down, set an appointment, pay for it, and give a generous tip up front and make it work. Right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter