Surprise! Your low ball offer has been accepted!

In the last year -- prices were steadily rising. Like the other person said, they bought VGC for $150 a point...that person probably could have backed out and then sold it for $180. That's a significant amount of extra money for the seller if they chose to back out. and if the seller knows that there is no downside to doing this other than maybe finding another agent -- it's probably worth waiting another couple months to get paid.

I know this question has already been answered, but that is also what was "scaring" us - we had a signed contract for VGF at $135pp, but while we were in ROFR, prices went way up, and then on top of that Disney raised their direct prices on VGF to $220. The contract was bank-owned but we didn't know that until we had an accepted signed offer, so we weren't terribly concerned about the seller walking away, but we WERE concerned that Disney might want a quick and easy $85pp profit. That ROFR period was a nail-biter.

Good luck! This is fun to read because I have been thinking about adding on again. Hope it all goes through for you.

Me too - I am living vicariously through everyone's addons. We are done for now, I think.

I know this question has already been answered, but that is also what was "scaring" us - we had a signed contract for VGF at $135pp, but while we were in ROFR, prices went way up, and then on top of that Disney raised their direct prices on VGF to $220. The contract was bank-owned but we didn't know that until we had an accepted signed offer, so we weren't terribly concerned about the seller walking away, but we WERE concerned that Disney might want a quick and easy $85pp profit. That ROFR period was a nail-biter.

Me too - I am living vicariously through everyone's addons. We are done for now, I think.

LOL, that is how I felt before. I don't know why, but suddenly I don't feel like I have enough points anymore.

LOL, that is how I felt before. I don’t know why, but lately I don’t feel like we have enough points anymore. Would really love to find another 100-150 Point contract at Boardwalk.

It's not just the seller that backs out of a signed contract, the buyer at times will back out, this happen to me, which took me back to the beginning of selling one of my contracts. It was very disappointing, so it can happen both ways..

LOL, that is how I felt before. I don’t know why, but lately I don’t feel like we have enough points anymore. Would really love to find another 100-150 Point contract at Boardwalk.

Right? I may have said to DH... just a small contract to add a split stay or a few days at EP ahnd HS... you know you love Star Wars... and the kids are going to love TS land.... :rolleyes1

Right? I may have said to DH... just a small contract to add a split stay or a few days at EP ahnd HS... you know you love Star Wars... and the kids are going to love TS land.... :rolleyes1
I've been trying to think of the right thing to say to my DH. Those are good ideas!

I've been trying to think of the right thing to say to my DH. Those are good ideas!
Good luck!

I told DH that given how points heavy VGF is, that we are going to split stay in a standard VGF studio + Swan on points over next April break, not in that order. I think once he sees how much nicer DVC - even in a large studio - is, he will see my point(s). I actually told him that it would be really $$$$ and that I'd rather save points for summer vacations like we'd originally planned when we bought points, and he shrugged and said (jokingly), "We are going to need more points."

Ha. We are already deep into borrowing mode at BLT because we went from a 1BR to a 2BR at BLT for Thanksgiving, because MIL is coming. She's 80+ and it's her first trip to WDW. So if she likes it, we are likely going to end up staying in 2BR more often. The girls are happy to stay on the pullout in a 1BR, but MIL needs a real bed.

Good luck!

I told DH that given how points heavy VGF is, that we are going to split stay in a standard VGF studio + Swan on points over next April break, not in that order. I think once he sees how much nicer DVC - even in a large studio - is, he will see my point(s). I actually told him that it would be really $$$$ and that I'd rather save points for summer vacations like we'd originally planned when we bought points, and he shrugged and said (jokingly), "We are going to need more points."

Ha. We are already deep into borrowing mode at BLT because we went from a 1BR to a 2BR at BLT for Thanksgiving, because MIL is coming. She's 80+ and it's her first trip to WDW. So if she likes it, we are likely going to end up staying in 2BR more often. The girls are happy to stay on the pullout in a 1BR, but MIL needs a real bed.
I have always wanted to stay at VGF, but have not had any luck booking there. We also stayed at BLT in a 2 bed with my MIL and had a wonderful time. Our kids are older and really want to stay in a 2 bedroom. So, our next trip we are booking one for Kidani. The last few trips they went on with us we booked studios or one bedroom to save points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter