• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Survivor Winners at War Season 40

I miss the freaky food challenges and that in season 1 they actually had to eat rats to survive. All they were given was rice and they had to learn to make fire in order to boil their water. I’m sure most of that was changed to avoid lawsuits if someone got ill. But it was much more a game of survival than alliances, scheming and blindsides, as fun as that is.
Pagong was given matches very early for winning the first challenge. I think Tagi got to carry fire back via a torch after their first trible council.
Season 1 was all about the alliances. That pretty much laid the blue print. In fact two members of the Pagong tribe who wanted to maintain their purity of integrity refused to ally in voting ensuring that everyone from that tribe got picked off when the tribes merged.
And there was a betrayal. Kelly tried to betray the Tagi alliance several times but then successfully betrayed her hard and fast alliance with Susan. Richard was slick enough to betray his partner without actually overtly betraying him when he let go of the pole first. He knew he'd lose the vote to his alliance mate and also knew he couldn't betray his alliance or he'd lose. He knew Kelly would lose to his alliance mate too and that she knew it and would pick Richard to go to the finale. So he let go first. His alliance mate messed up and his confession afterward he said I just lost a million dollars. The earlier betrayal of Susan helped cost Kelly the win as she lost 4-3 with Susan's vote for Ricard one of the 4. This was the season of the Snake Eats the Rat Speech by Susan.

Pagong did eat some rats but they were also given chickens from winning a challenge. Tagi caught some fish.

Richard deserved to win. He wasn't the most likable guy but he played the game the best. I haven't watched much since to be honest.

Things I've learned from Survivor.
Don't flub up and cause your team to lose the first challenge. More often than not, you're gone unless someone else proves to be a jerk.
Make a hard and fast two person alliance early. Tell no one. Try to get a 4 person alliance as quick as you can. That can carry you far.
Never tell all the women in your tribe they are stupid as cows.
Getting naked in front of your tribe isn't a good idea, but obviously wasn't fatal.
Quoting bible versus gets you voted off.
Don't start ordering your team around on Day 1. It won't end well for you.
Be ready to eat some disgusting grub, some of which may in fact be grubs.
If the girls all come to you and get chummy and err um suggestive and then ask you to play your idol for one of them, play your idol. FOR YOURSELF!!!
If you have two immunity idols in your pocket, go ahead and play one.
When you're down to 3, keep the one you think everyone hates. Right Colby?
Don't chew out the jury at your final council if you want to win.
Don't throw a challenge to get rid of someone, then lose the next three challenges and merge short handed.
Above all, don't lord your immunity idol over other players, especially because it might just be fake. Walk up there and say, I'm hoping this is an immunity idol, and it's worth a shot.
Don't build your shelter by digging a hole in the beach.
Playing scorched earth may get you to the finale, but the object is to win.
At merge, don't save someone from the other alliance just because an idiot from your alliance asked you to.
Don't try to convince someone to play a piece of driftwood as an idol and then fail to play the real one you have when the time comes.

Last edited:
Tony drives me NUTS, he's way too paranoid.

I used to like Sandra until we watched her last season again and her whole "queen stay queen" drove me bonkers. She's gotta go quick.

I'm rooting for Boston Rob. He sure has aged but I still love him!

The "Queen stay Queen" thing felt like a gimmick to get more airtime before she got voted off. It worked.

I wasn't going to watch anymore after last season's mess. But...I'm in. They got me with all past winners. Loved watching the show last night that was a recap of the past 20 years. Loved seeing the OG Survivor and I too wish they'd get back to that.

There was a Survivor special last week? How'd I miss it? :(

Cast link for reference;
Survivor W@W Cast

I'm picking Parvati. If they let Rob, Sandra or Amber get to the merge, and especially together, they will win. I think all 3 will be gone early though.

My money is on Sarah but I think there are a lot of cast saying they want her gone first so she will have to work hard.

Also smaller age gap this time with youngest being 28 (sometimes we have a 19-20-21 year olds) and oldest being 48 (sometimes we have 60-somethings). Average age is 37.8. Unusual.

My money is on Sarah but I think there are a lot of cast saying they want her gone first so she will have to work hard.
One of those "inside baseball" things I learned from listening to RHAP was that in returning player seasons there are usually some alliances that are formed before the season starts. There aren't supposed to be but the former players talk, and so these things get bantered about.

So talk about voting so and so out is not surprising.

I can't believe this show has lasted that long! I know it's 2 seasons a year, but still...20 years?! I remember when Jeff Probst was a correspondent on one of the entertainment shows...

What next? They should do one with all the second place winners? Then the third place winners? The ones who got voted off first?!

i always thought this would be a good idea. Imagine the pressure of not trying to be the first one voted off!!??

I'm not a fan of the first person voted off - because well it could end up being a very boring season! Sometimes people just get really unlucky but otherwise there's probably a reason most person were the first kicked out.

In a "first boot" season, I'd guess Nadiya would be booted first, because they couldn't be 100% certain that it wasn't Natalie...

I'm not a fan of the first person voted off - because well it could end up being a very boring season! Sometimes people just get really unlucky but otherwise there's probably a reason most person were the first kicked out.
Usually in non all star seasons anyway the first voted off is for good reason. Either they totally flubbed up a challenge or they were a bossy bessie and/or completely alienated themselves in other ways very quickly. A couple of times tribes voted the person that could have really helped them off because they knew they would dominate challenges once any merge happened. But that usually ends up in a lot of lost challenges for that tribe.

It's so much better binge watching on youtube rather than having actually watched them. HAHA.

The countdown is on to tonight’s 2 hour premiere.

I’m Team Parvati!
I don’t really have a guy favorite although I’ve always liked Rob.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter