Susan's New Book!

Well I ordered the book for my dad's birthday (which istoday) and was surprised to find it in my postbox this morning :goodvibes I'm currently having trouble with stopping myself from reading it though! :rotfl:

LOL, Howellsy! And thanks for your input, too, Ware Bears. Very nice to hear :thumbsup2

Well I ordered the book for my dad's birthday (which istoday) and was surprised to find it in my postbox this morning :goodvibes I'm currently having trouble with stopping myself from reading it though! :rotfl:
Can I ask where you ordered it from??

I can't get it from anywhere. :(

Can I ask where you ordered it from??

I can't get it from anywhere. :(

I ordered it from Amazon UK on May 26th I think, and it was dispatched on the 9th of June. It said it would be here on June 15th, so I was pretty impressed when it arrived early :) I think Amazon must have some more in stock now, though I imagine they are distributing them in order of when people ordered them.

Yay had confirmation yesterday that my book has been dispatched - will hopefully get it any day!!
I'm just reading through the Imagineering Field Guide to Epcot (I've also got Animal kingdom and Magic Kingdom and hopefully Hollywood Studios is released next year) - these little books are very informative too!

LOL, Howellsy! And thanks for your input, too, Ware Bears. Very nice to hear :thumbsup2

Well I've managed to steal it off my dad a few times, and I have to say, it's fantastic! The only negative point is that it's distracting me from A Level revision, but some things in life (like Disney of courrse) are just far more important than education! :rotfl2:

Mine's on its way from Amazon :banana: Nicely timed too, as I'll have just finished marking exams when it arrives so I can read it without feeling guilty.

some things in life (like Disney of courrse) are just far more important than education!

Tell me about it! My A-levels coincided with the 1978 World Cup Finals in Argentina, which were FAR more important than revising. Sadly, it showed in my grades, though.... :guilty:

I have just finished reading my copy of the book and I really enjoyed it. Even though I read the Dis a lot and I have many other books about WDW I did learn quite a lot of new things which I will certainly be looking out for on our August trip. I think it will be a book that I keep refering back to! Although the information is wonderful I think it would have been nice to have a few pictures in there to show what some of the points are talking about and to break up the large chunks of text. But then I guess if you have colour pictures in the book it would make it more expensive, and the book is already quite thick so the pictures would have made it even bigger.
Great book though, I'm glad I have it in my Disney book collection.

My book just arrived 10 mins ago, it looks great. Had a quick flick through and there's so much info to read. There are things I've looked at in the past and never noticed. I'm so much looking forward to reading it from cover to cover.

Just cancelled my Waterstones order and have re-ordered with Book Depository, hope it comes soon. :)

My copy arrived from Amazon on Monday, so they must have received another batch of books. I'm currently struggling to keep my eyes open at night to read it... it's just so darn good :thumbsup2

My DH has a question - is the book going to be available as an audio book? I only 'reads' books via his iPod :goodvibes

My copy arrived from Amazon on Monday, so they must have received another batch of books. I'm currently struggling to keep my eyes open at night to read it... it's just so darn good :thumbsup2

My DH has a question - is the book going to be available as an audio book? I only 'reads' books via his iPod :goodvibes
:lmao:

You can jsut read to him, or record it yourself as a birthday present! :rotfl:

I've no idea if the publisher might consider this as an audio-book (although it is a terrific idea, especially for touring the parks :thumbsup2 ).

I would imagine that if it continues to do well, they might consider some different options, including a collectors' hardback edition, and, perhaps, a version with photos (which would be much harder to negotiate with Disney's photo copywright, but not impossible).

I think everyone has been genuinely startled at the response to the book (which was only officially published today!! :lmao: ), so it's still very early days, but it is certainly nice to hear this feedback :)

My copy arrived today from the Book Depository :banana: I'm currently reading 'Mousejunkies' but it's next bon my list :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter