Swagbucks is dead (virtually) Anything similar that's new and exciting....and WORKS?

crazymomof4

DIS Veteran
I'm back in the game..... saving for WDW trip. There was a time, long ago (sigh) where I could earn hundreds (literally) for WDW, using Swagbucks. I regularly participated in the thread here and we all did well. I see now that I'm not the only one who decided it's no longer worth the effort, after the company kept changing. I see the Swagbucks thread hasn't been posted on since 2022.

Soooooooooo

Anyone successfully using something similar to Swagbucks? Even a $25 GC a month would be good, if it's something I'm able to do on the laptop, while watching tv at night.

I'm back in the game..... saving for WDW trip. There was a time, long ago (sigh) where I could earn hundreds (literally) for WDW, using Swagbucks. I regularly participated in the thread here and we all did well. I see now that I'm not the only one who decided it's no longer worth the effort, after the company kept changing. I see the Swagbucks thread hasn't been posted on since 2022.

Soooooooooo

Anyone successfully using something similar to Swagbucks? Even a $25 GC a month would be good, if it's something I'm able to do on the laptop, while watching tv at night.
Prolific, Pinecone research, yougov. Amazon shopper panel

Prime opinion. Can cash out to Paypal after $5. Grocery apps are good IMO (ibotta, fetch).

I still use SB for receipts and some GC purchases. But it is definitely not the same as days past.

Prime opinion. Can cash out to Paypal after $5. Grocery apps are good IMO (ibotta, fetch).

I still use SB for receipts and some GC purchases. But it is definitely not the same as days past.
Thank you! Will look into these

I still use Swagbucks, but primarily only the games offers, which can be quite substantial and seem to have increased by quite a bit the last couple of years. I figure I'd be downloading and trying out games anyways, so I might as well get paid for it :) I too have noticed though that other ways of earning on the site is definitely diminished from what it used to be.

I use SB some, just opened a discover cash back debit account for a $100 bonus. No fee account, transferred $100 into it for 30 days.

I'll look into that! Thx. You didn't have to set up direct deposit and only had to put in $100? That's great!

I’ve been using adfreeway.com website for a while now. You can download 2 pictures a day if you want, people vote thumbs up or thumbs down and you do the same for their picture. You earn about an half cent for each pic you vote on for so many pics, then the amount reduces. Earnings have dropped quite a bit since I first started but just a couple minutes a day you can earn about $10 a week to cash out to PayPal.

I use Shopkick to earn Disney gift cards. Don't have to buy anything. If you go to certain stores, it's almost like a scavenger hunt to earn Kicks which can then be used for Gift Cards. I've earned over $1300 in gift cards since I started using it.

I use Shopkick to earn Disney gift cards. Don't have to buy anything. If you go to certain stores, it's almost like a scavenger hunt to earn Kicks which can then be used for Gift Cards. I've earned over $1300 in gift cards since I started using it.
Just curious how long it took to earn that much!

LAX

When I was working in the office, it didn't take very long because the office was near a mall and several big box retailers. So I could get a $25 DGC every week or 2. Now that I work from home and am 20 miles from the nearest large chain stores, it takes a few weeks. But if you are willing to put in the time, you could conceivably earn a $50 DGC by just scanning items (no purchases) at wal-mart over a period of 2 weeks.

Before the pandemic I was averaging $15/week on Swagbucks—mainly with surveys but then it just stopped.

Shopkick felt like too much work and I rarely had enough to cash out.

Ibotta angered me because it started tracking the card I would use and would run purchase before I had a chance to add them and then I couldn’t add after/scan receipt.

I only do Fetch now but because I usually buy store brands, I don’t earn much. Looking at my history I get $25-$30 a YEAR.

I use ibotta, fetch, Rakuten, and dosh. I do not alter my shopping habits for any of them, so I definitely do not maximize points.

I use fetch and ibotta strictly for groceries. In 2023, I made 42,000 points in fetch which depending on how you cash out can get you $40 in gift cards. I made $96 in ibotta, and that is a cash withdrawal.

Dosh is connected to a credit card and I never think about it. I just get an alert that I happened to shop at a certain store with the connected card. I made $35 in 2023.

And Rakuten is not my favorite, however if you online shop and can handle going through their app, you can make some decent cash back. I usually forget to check the app before I buy something, but I did manage $32 this year and I only really remembered it during back to school shopping and Christmas.

I still can get $25+/month out of Swagbucks. It's mainly through surveys.
I think I've "aged-out" of the demographics they are looking for with many of the surveys. I get bumped 9 times out of 10 after the age question. I don't have any kids under 18 anymore. Also, I don't have any health issues and I feel like a lot of the surveys for 55+ are about health concerns.

I use ibotta, fetch, Rakuten, and dosh. I do not alter my shopping habits for any of them, so I definitely do not maximize points.

I use fetch and ibotta strictly for groceries. In 2023, I made 42,000 points in fetch which depending on how you cash out can get you $40 in gift cards. I made $96 in ibotta, and that is a cash withdrawal.

Dosh is connected to a credit card and I never think about it. I just get an alert that I happened to shop at a certain store with the connected card. I made $35 in 2023.

And Rakuten is not my favorite, however if you online shop and can handle going through their app, you can make some decent cash back. I usually forget to check the app before I buy something, but I did manage $32 this year and I only really remembered it during back to school shopping and Christmas.
I joined Fetch recently and I'm half way to a $25 gift card already. The games are actually fun. I've been known to pick up receipts dropped by people in parking lots!!! LOL.
I will look into the other ones you mentioned. Thx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter