Swap hostess gift

123SA

DIS Veteran
What do you typically send to the swap hostess as a gift?

I was thinking of sending additional items to match the swap. I made a topper and squares for the swap, but will send the hostess the topper, squares and 2 photo mats. Does this sound appropriate?

Also, I am signed up twice in the same swap, but figured I would do this for each project.

Good question! I've always wondered what others do. I have sent a Disney somethin' somethin' in the past...Tink Sticker, brads, buttons. When I was at Joann's I stocked up on some general scrappy stuff to give as gifties.

What does everyone else do?

As a CMC I usually pop in one of the hostess/customer gifts.

Good question! I've always wondered what others do. I have sent a Disney somethin' somethin' in the past...Tink Sticker, brads, buttons. When I was at Joann's I stocked up on some general scrappy stuff to give as gifties.

I usually do the same!:thumbsup2

Sometimes rub-ons, sticker sheets, tea, or extra items from groups that the hostess isn't in of mine.

As a host of past swaps I did not expect anything and it is not necessary to send anything. I know I have forgotten on many swaps I have been in. I really was surprised to get all kinds of stuff. Sticker, brads, eyelets etc for scrapping as well as homemade items. I really appreciated everything.

I know that I never have enought photomats, so ones to match the swap would be a great idea.

I've just put a little something in... A homemade goodie, brads, stickers, die cuts, ribbon, jolee's...

Just a little thank you for taking the job on...

It's not required...but it's a nice surprise.. especially when a package arrives on a bad day and their is a treat for you.. makes the day seem not so bad!!

This is what I do, too! As a hostess, I never expect it, but they're always fun!!

In one of the other swaps this year, someone made me a set of the items they had made, since I wasn't in that group. I just used them on a page this week. That was another good idea for a hostess gift!

[rub-ons, sticker sheets, tea,/QUOTE]

Tea??? Is this some other scrapping product I need to get my head rouns, or a few choice teabags so the hostess can relax :surfweb: :confused3

If anyone wants some proper English teabags instead of that awful Liptons stuff I'm happy to stick some in with my swaps!:)

Yup, some tea bags to relax after swapping everything out.

And I would certainly appreciate real English tea. ;)

I'll bear that in mind! At least teabags are easy to send through the post - no-one tell me they relax with a margarita:lmao:

I'll bear that in mind! At least teabags are easy to send through the post - no-one tell me they relax with a margarita:lmao:

I love margaritas!!!! But I can only handle a few sips!!!!! So DBF orders one and just lets me take a few sips from his!!!!! :rotfl2: I'm all set from that!!!!

I am sometimes bad about remembering to include gifts in all the swaps!! I didn't realize that everyone included one!!!! I will have to be more diligent from now on!!!! I have good intentions! I always have the gift, but they are in my bag and sometimes I am in such a hurry that I forget to put them in the package at the post office! Just like I forget to include the return postage sometimes!!! Then I have to send a seperate mailing!!!! YEP!!!! Done that several times!!! :lmao: I am just a scatterbrain!!!! I am a fun person and a riot to be around, but kaos is my middle name... :rotfl:

I am sometimes bad about remembering to include gifts in all the swaps!! I didn't realize that everyone included one!!!! I will have to be more diligent from now on!!!! I have good intentions! I always have the gift, but they are in my bag and sometimes I am in such a hurry that I forget to put them in the package at the post office! Just like I forget to include the return postage sometimes!!! Then I have to send a seperate mailing!!!! YEP!!!! Done that several times!!! :lmao: I am just a scatterbrain!!!! I am a fun person and a riot to be around, but kaos is my middle name... :rotfl:

I forget the gift more than I send them. I forget the money about 10% of the time too!!!! Also of the swaps that I was the hostess for only two or three people sent something. That was fine with me, since I did not do the hosting for stuff and did not expect anything. All the stuff was a nice surprise.

My apologies to the previous hostesses of the three swaps I've done. As a newbie, I didn't know that people did this. I was just focused on getting the swaps done and worrying about whether or not people would like them. I'll have to remember this from now on.

Its not obligatory so don't stress it. As above, some do, some don't.

My apologies to the previous hostesses of the three swaps I've done. As a newbie, I didn't know that people did this. I was just focused on getting the swaps done and worrying about whether or not people would like them. I'll have to remember this from now on.

Don't feel obligated.. it's not necessary at all.. definitely not required...
From the items I have seen, yours have been great!!! As a newbie..all of us worry about our work quality!!! Heck, most of us "regular swappers" still fuss and worry about our items! Believe me.. I stress until I hear back from the hostess and have the all clear that they are great.. can you imagine what I'm like hosting... Yep, I stress til they all return home to their owners...

Please believe me that getting your stuff done and in on time is what the hostess wants. No need to apologize for not sending in a non-required item.

If I remeber to put it in the shipment, I always pick up something extra at the scrapbook store when I go shopping and I send something from my box. I don't expect anything when I'm hosting a swap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter