Swap hostess gift

I hostess so I can SEE the items before everyone else. Guess that is the bit of Maria in me. I don't expect gifts for doing it. But I really did like the ones I got. :thumbsup2 Guess that is more Maria in me.

I hostess so I can SEE the items before everyone else. Guess that is the bit of Maria in me. I don't expect gifts for doing it. But I really did like the ones I got. :thumbsup2 Guess that is more Maria in me.

Ahhhh! Another member in the EVIL class in B-10!!!!! I am on my way in creating a new Empire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool2:

Maria, as a Red Sox fan, I just laughed out loud at your comment.

I'm a Red Sox Fan too!!!!
But I am starting my own EVIL Empire!!!! Want to join????? BwwaaHaaaa!!!!BwwaaHaaaaa!!!!! :rotfl2: :lmao: Buffy is a member and currently taking classes in my basement classroom and now Ann has joined her!!!!!:laughing:

Yea! Red Sox fans:cheer2: It's not always easy to be one but it is fun particularly this weekend when they swept those Yankees:woohoo: Hopefully our boys keep it going!

Yea! Red Sox fans:cheer2: It's not always easy to be one but it is fun particularly this weekend when they swept those Yankees:woohoo: Hopefully our boys keep it going!

BF is a big Red Sox fan, we watched all the games on tv this past weekend, it was great. I'm a red sox fan, but I'm a Major Mets fan. I'm happy to see anyone sweep the yankees.

As a former New Yorker married to a Boston boy with 2 die hard born in New England sox fan daughters the Mets are the only NY team I a could ever mention being a fan of...so it's a good thing growing up I was a Mets fan! I would be disowned if I was a Yankee fan:rotfl2: Gotta love being a member of Red Sox Nation:cool1:

I met my bf on Match.com almost 2 years ago. My profile said "Yankee fans NEED NOT APPLY"

Faerie...that is too funny:rotfl2: That would certainly be one of my husbands requirements! It took me forever to truly convince him that I was a NY Mets fan not a Yankee fan considering I was the black sheep and come from a large family of die hard yankee fans...it cetainly makes family gatherings during baseball season spicy! And it has already spread to the next generation because our girls and their NY cousins have fun with the rivalry

We do have fun though - I"m a Patriots fan (of course) and he's a Dolphins fan.

I try to always send a hostess gift because so many participants have been so kind to me with the ones they send when I host. I too, did not send one with my first swap because I didn't know it was done so I apologize to that hostess. :flower3:

I usually send random stickers to my hostess. I am addicted to those scrapbook mystery lots on eBay so I always have extra stickers. If it's a hostess I know well, I try to theme my stickers to her likes.

To the OP, two of the most awesome hostess gifts I've ever received were essentially page kits. For example, one participant did Rock 'n Roller Coaster. She sent her two elements which were something like 2 photo mats and a file folder and included a couple of journaling boxes, embellished squares, and a few other pieces. On another swap, one participant sent her elements plus a title and a few other pieces. It was fabulous getting matching elements that made a DARLING 2-page layout. I think it is a GREAT idea for you to send a couple of photo mats along with your elements. I'm sure your hostess will be thrilled with that.

Other hostess gifts have been random Disney things like shaker boxes, buttons, stickers, etc. I just want to say that while I appreciate those that send all the cute things, it is definitely a bonus and not at all expected. It's just kind of fun to do all the shuffling and it's nice to see all the goodies before anyone else!

I usually send random stickers to my hostess. I am addicted to those scrapbook mystery lots on eBay so I always have extra stickers. If it's a hostess I know well, I try to theme my stickers to her likes.

I love those mystery lots too. I've been a good girl though and stayed away for awhile now.

what are these mystery lots you speak of?

Uh oh! I never should have said anything or I'm going to get someone else hooked! :lmao:

Scrapbooking mystery lots on eBay are usually boxes or envelopes that you bid on without knowing exactly what the contents are going to be. The lot will say that you are bidding on a box and the stuff inside are free gifts that could/will include x number of Jolee's, Quote Stacks, die cuts, tools, etc.

My most recent purchase was a 100 piece mystery lot for $24.99 that had 45 Jolee packs (all sizes from super big to the little tiny ones), 2 quote stacks, a Making Memories tool, rub-ons, tons of embellies and some other random stuff. The seller allowed you to "customize" your box by specifying certain themes so I got lots of Disney, cat and girl stuff. It is a GREAT deal!

Just search for scrapbooking mystery lots on eBay and you will find tons!

I disavow all knowledge and responsibility for any purchases of mystery lots made by Faerie or any other DIS poster. I admit that I am an enabler but I can't wield your credit card for you. Although if you let me wield your CC, my fee will only be a small mystery lot for me! :rotfl:

lalalala I'm not listening:lmao:

I got some of those to start me off - only little grab bags when my life was a scrapping desert;)

Must...keep....away....from....ebay.........:lmao:

I disavow all knowledge and responsibility for any purchases of mystery lots made by Faerie or any other DIS poster. I admit that I am an enabler but I can't wield your credit card for you. Although if you let me wield your CC, my fee will only be a small mystery lot for me! :rotfl:

LOL Shauna. You crack me up!!

I have a $15 credit sitting in my papal account that is burning a hole in my pocket :D :rotfl:

I met my bf on Match.com almost 2 years ago. My profile said "Yankee fans NEED NOT APPLY"

That is too funny, because my BF is a HUGE Mets fan and from NY and we met on Match too!!!! :rotfl2: I am dying here!!!! We were also matched up on E-Harmony, but he didn't join that, he just did the free weekend!!!! But we were matched up on both, so I took that as a sign or OMEN??? Hummmm which one?????? Hee, Hee!!! We are both EVIL!!!! Hee! Hee!

lalalala I'm not listening:lmao:

I got some of those to start me off - only little grab bags when my life was a scrapping desert;)

Must...keep....away....from....ebay.........:lmao:

But E-Bay is a GREAT Place to go shopping!!!!! Really you can get great stuff!!!! Especially if you live in a place that doesn't have stuff!!!!! See I can be EVIL!!!!!! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter