Swap ideas for the new year (2007)

StitchIsOurHero said:
Just got a chance to look at the calendar again! Everything looks great!! Thanks for keeping up with this, Buffy!!

Buffy, The Free Time Slayer : Saving the world one swap at a time.

;)

NED

New England Eeyore said:
Okay, I didn't get on the computer yesterday and I come back to pages and pages more! You guys are CRAZY!!

Second - I'm going to use Nancy as an example because you mentioned keeping the number of groups small but this is a question for anyone who stated something similar. If you limit it to a small number of groups, will you also limit how many groups people can join, at least initially? Because there are so many people that join multiple groups that I see those groups filling up the first day and that would stink for people who can't get online until the end of the day or can't get on every day.
My initial thought since I'm having smaller groups (this is what I am doing, no one has to follow my lead).. I'm going to open 2 groups.. I'm going to only allow signups for 1 group at a time until I can make sure everyone has had a chance(I might even give a deadline) than open it up to those who want another spot.. I love multiple groups too..but YOU are absolutely right.. I know not everyone can get on line early AM.. ( I will only open a 3rd and final group - if there is more than enough interest).
Anyone can PM me too to let me know what they want.
I hate to limit my numbers because I don't want to turn anyone away...but 11 groups last swap for me was a mess..and than DH's health.

I think limiting the number of groups you can join is a good idea. This would limit the number of angels needed and if you wanted to do an additonal group you could then be an angel. It is bad when somebody signs up for all groups and then does not follow though. This leaves every group short.

mickeyfan2 said:
I think limiting the number of groups you can join is a good idea. This would limit the number of angels needed and if you wanted to do an additonal group you could then be an angel. It is bad when somebody signs up for all groups and then does not follow though. This leaves every group short.
Where is that shaking head up and down smilie?
I totally agree!

NewEnglandDisney said:
Buffy, The Free Time Slayer : Saving the world one swap at a time.

;)

NED

Free time what's that????? ;)

Just between you and me it's really my secret plot to take over the world. One scrapper at a time. This morning I sucked to mail lady into my evil lair.
MMMUUUWWWAAHHAAHHAAA

Buffy,
That reminds me of the cartoon with the rats where he wants to take over the world..
I'll have to find the name of that show.

Pinky and the Brain is the name of that show!!! :)

PrincessNancy96 said:
Buffy,
That reminds me of the cartoon with the rats where he wants to take over the world..
I'll have to find the name of that show.

Pinky and the Brain is the name of that show!!! :)

o :rolleyes: k :scratchin

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Seen it but don't watch it.

Buffy,
Those dates look good for the flower swap. 2/19-4/2
Thanks

Oh My God Where have I been!!! :rotfl: I think under a ROCK!!!! This week was crazy at work, but I think you guys were even crazier!!!! The Full Moon really gotcha!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

OK I really have missed out on all the fun! I do have to chime in though!!! Cause you know I will fall off the wagon too! :thumbsup2

I will sign up for anything, I don't think I am organized enough to actually host, so I will not even attempt that task!!!! :rotfl2: Ya, Caitsmama can attest to that one!!! LOL!!!

She is a good Host, she has done it mucho times, but not me! I could help her!! How is that! I could co-host something with Stacy. We just live across the street from each other basically. It could work. I love all the ideas so far! They sound great! How about mini file folders with journal pages or photo pages in them? I think those are cute embellishments on pages, they also make really cute cards! Just a thought!

BernardandMissBianca said:
how does this sound?

MomOf2DisneyKids - S.U. - 5/31 D.D. - 6/24

angelmom -S.U. - 2/19 D.D. - 4/2

15minfromOGDL and mickeyfan2 - S.U. - 7/6 D.D. - 8/17

I'm just wondering though...my anniversary next year falls on a Sat (8/18) and DH might plan something for the weekend. Talk about a mood killer..."Sorry, I have to sort these swaps!"

How about pushing SU and DD up a week so I'll be in the clear? Is this ok with you, mickeyfan2?

15minfromOGDL said:
I'm just wondering though...my anniversary next year falls on a Sat (8/18) and DH might plan something for the weekend. Talk about a mood killer..."Sorry, I have to sort these swaps!"

How about pushing SU and DD up a week so I'll be in the clear? Is this ok with you, mickeyfan2?

We'll wait to talk to MF2 but I don't see a problem with it.

I have a Swap Idea!!! What about Paperbag books with a Classic Disney Theme? These books are great for gifts, kids and just about anything! They are really cute too! I would even think about hosting along with Stacy being my guide!!!! I could do it!!! Yeah I could do it!!!! :cool1:

How many pages big would you require and how many each would we need to make? Would these include insert pages?
I just finished taking a class on making one of these and I am still putting it together. I am a SSSLLLOOOWWW worker.

AlexWyattMommy said:
How many pages big would you require and how many each would we need to make? Would these include insert pages?
I just finished taking a class on making one of these and I am still putting it together. I am a SSSLLLOOOWWW worker.

They are wicked easy to make! I buy my paper bags from Target, because they have the GIANT lunch bags and they work great for paperbag albums! I only use 3 bags for an album! So you only have 3 inserts that you could do file folders for or giant tags! Whichever you prefer. I like to use bazzil to cover my book pages with, because the cardstock is nice and thick and the books hold up nicer. The binding is up to each individual, now that I have my new tool the cropadile! Making these books is a breeze!!!! Usually I cut all my pages ahead of time and then just assemble all at once! So it only takes about 2 hours at the most to finish a book?

If you have anyfurther questions, just ask! I have lots of ideas!!!

Maria

I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread (I've been avoiding it to tell the truth!) but has anyone suggested a calendar swap? Each person does a month of the year.

Quinn222 said:
I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread (I've been avoiding it to tell the truth!) but has anyone suggested a calendar swap? Each person does a month of the year.

Yep sign ups are Feb 16th hosted by MickeyTeacher.
Check out the link to the calendar on page 1 post #1. That has everything we are doing so far.

maria34a said:
I have a Swap Idea!!! What about Paperbag books with a Classic Disney Theme? These books are great for gifts, kids and just about anything! They are really cute too! I would even think about hosting along with Stacy being my guide!!!! I could do it!!! Yeah I could do it!!!! :cool1:

I would be up for this. We started one last year and it fell through, so I have all my stuff ready to go. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter