Sweet 16 celebrated with Mickey & Pals-9 days of TiW dining: Completed 6/14

Love your pictures inside CRT. Strange looking french toast lol. I agree that its a hefty price to pay for a meal but it is in the caste :love:

It looks like they changed the stuffed french toast! Ours was just a big glob of dough with no cream cheese in the middle :confused3 The quiche also sounds like a good choice - it wasn't there when we went last year.

And I know someone wondered if it is all you can eat - Yes it is! We ordered the yogurt and granola and another traditional breakfast. The yogurt is actually a really good choice, just wouldn't want to have only that for breakfast :laughing:

The breakfast definitely isn't worth the price, but it's totally worth it just to dine in the castle! So sad your last review is coming up :sad2:

It is a pretty amazing feeling to dine in the castle but it isn't cheap!

Actually, I don't want your reviews to end! :worship: You have a lot of amazing stuff that you have shared. I'll be back in August with more! :goodvibes
My reviews are also coming to an end for now, but we might be going back in July. I'm very happy to know I'll have your reviews to look forward to in August. :cloud9:

Thank you we had a great trip!

I have loved your reviews, add me to the list of people sad they are coming to a close.

I love all your CRT pics! It's so much fun to eat in the castle. That french toast looks delish, but it looks more like a dessert than a breakfast. :laughing: Oh no! Final Meal! So sad your reviews are coming to an end. :sad2:
Thanks! Yeah, it was kinda like a cream filled muffin or something but definitely in the dessert family.

Thanks for hanging in there while I finish this sucker!

I was really looking forward to your CRT review because my DD and I booked this in August. She is going to be 13 so I was interested in hearing about your your DD liked it seeing as she is not a small child. It looks like you two had a great time! I was so happy to see a photo of the stuffed french toast because I'd never seen one and I think I would like it! Thanks for all of the photos too, I can't wait to take lots as well. :banana:

How exciting for you and DD. I wish you a magical dining experience!! :love: I may book CRT again in August. :cloud9:

I am catching up on your report, and cannot believe you guys had bad service at Citricos of all places. That's too bad :mad: I enjoyed your review of the CRT, I have never wanted to eat there as my DH would not enjoy that too much :rotfl: However if we have a little girl we are so there with her as dining in the castle would be every little girls dream. Maybe this little girl should schedule a breakfast there with my friend in Sept. lol!

I don't think all of the servers at Citricos were "bad".... ours just wasn't warm and friendly at all.

Awwwww...you would have a lovely time dining with your friend at CRT! princess:

I can tell you as someone that ordered the granola I felt anything but ripped off. I can't wait to order it again on our next trip in a few months. And since it is all you care to eat, you are welcome to order more or something else from the menu. I thoroughly enjoyed your pics and review!

Thanks for sharing that - I learned something. I take it back!! :) In that case, I want the quiche, the yogurt, the french toast (hold the chocolate sauce), and the rosemary lemon potatoes - all on one plate!!! :love:

Thanks for your review of CRT. We have yet to dine here and I'm trying to decide if the "experience" of being in the castle justifies the high cost!! I'm sure my dd(5) would be thrilled to dine in "Cinderella's House" :goodvibes So sad your report is coming to an end!
-Kelly :wizard:

Thanks for reading. I know, it's a tough decision. I just looked at pricing for our August dates and without TiW it was $42.99 for breakfast. I must have had peak season pricing at $56 since it was President's Day weekend. (The $56 was before TiW -we paid $46.99.) Keep in mind this includes the photo package and gratuity.

Love your pictures inside CRT. Strange looking french toast lol. I agree that its a hefty price to pay for a meal but it is in the caste :love:

I don't think they should call it french toast - nothing french about it. It looked like a coffee cake! :laughing:

I'm really enjoying your excellent reviews. :)

Thank you!! :)

It looks like they changed the stuffed french toast! Ours was just a big glob of dough with no cream cheese in the middle :confused3 The quiche also sounds like a good choice - it wasn't there when we went last year.

And I know someone wondered if it is all you can eat - Yes it is! We ordered the yogurt and granola and another traditional breakfast. The yogurt is actually a really good choice, just wouldn't want to have only that for breakfast :laughing:

The breakfast definitely isn't worth the price, but it's totally worth it just to dine in the castle! So sad your last review is coming up :sad2:

Thanks for confirming that as well. Good to know!

Once I'm done with my review it will free me up to read everyone elses and then go make more changes to my ADRs! :rolleyes1 You just did turbo updates for yours!! See you around Frontierland!

My reviews are also coming to an end for now, but we might be going back in July. I'm very happy to know I'll have your reviews to look forward to in August. :cloud9:

You have an epic review going on! You CAN'T end yours. I suppose if you go back in July we'll have to hang in there for more! popcorn::

when are you going in August? I will be there from 19th thru 24th.

staying at SOG...

Hi there! We will be there Aug. 18th - Aug. 30th - we'll be there at the same time! :thumbsup2 What branch of the military are you/family?

Thank you we had a great trip!

I have loved your reviews, add me to the list of people sad they are coming to a close.

Thanks Megan! I'm sure I'll be back in August with more reviews. :)

I'm delaying posting my final review for another day. :rolleyes1

My youngest son and his wife surprised us and came home on leave from the Army for a week so I am enjoying some time with them.

I'll be back with some final reviews and a wrap up. And lucky you guys... I may even start a pre-dining report thread. :idea:

Enjoy your day!

Wow, I had a lot to catch up on :rolleyes1

The french toast at CRT seems to have changed since I had it, great photos by the way :goodvibes

Robert posed for some photos with us. We smiled but we were thinking “dude, did you understand whose birthday it was??” (I sound like I'm bitter! :guilty:)

This is total nonsense. You are calling out a CM because he did not give you a free cup cake? Really?
This waiter is one of the nicest guys we ever met and I will send him your comments.

Hi there! We will be there Aug. 18th - Aug. 30th - we'll be there at the same time! :thumbsup2 What branch of the military are you/family?

My son is in Army Reserves but somehow he is being deployed to Afghanistan in October. Don't understand since he is still in college. He is dying to go back to wdw and wants to see WWHP in US as well. I am giving SOG a try. Normally stay right in park but the rates were to great to not go. The ticket prices are also absolutely phenomonal. Were you able get them from your son?

I'm really enjoying your reviews and writing style, thanks so much for sharing your experiences! :goodvibes

CRT and Akershus are two restaurants that I haven't been to since DS 8detest the experience. :lmao: I would love to go both places some day, however, I get my craving filled by reading other Diser's reviews. ;)

It's said that your dining review's coming to end. We'll also be at WDW in Aug 25~ Sep 3.

I will def be on the lookout for your reviews in August!

Enjoy your time with your son and thank him for his service:thumbsup2

I'm delaying posting my final review for another day. :rolleyes1

My youngest son and his wife surprised us and came home on leave from the Army for a week so I am enjoying some time with them.

I'll be back with some final reviews and a wrap up. And lucky you guys... I may even start a pre-dining report thread. :idea:

Enjoy your day!

What a wonderful surprise!! Hope you all enjoy each others company to the max. And thank you to your son for his service, and to all of your family (including of course his wife) for the daily sacrifices you all make.

I finally caught up but I don't want the reviews to end! :goodvibes I loved the pictures of the castle! The french toast does look a bit "unique". :laughing: I hope you enjoy the time with your son and daughter-in-law! :)

Final meal.... of sorts....

This will be the final "dining" review....

We had dined in the castle, said our goodbyes to Mickey, and checked our bags through to the airline. Now what to do? Eat!! We were not hungry so we didn't actually eat but we did go to Contempo Cafe and get some items to take with us on the plane.

DSC00719.jpg

What did I choose? Another kid favorite!
DSC00807.jpg

What can I say? PB&J is soooo yummy in these little babies.

I also needed one more Mickey krispie treat:
DSC00808.jpg

Oh and while I'm at it.... I have to share the treats that we got when we went to Goofy's Candy Co. earlier in the week. We hadn't had a chance to eat these with all the food we had consumed. When I finally ate it after we were home I have to say that it was waaaaay too sweet. I don't think I ever ate the entire thing. But it looks good! :banana:

DSC00512.jpg

So that's all I have to say about that! :laughing: Thus ends 9 days of dining with TiW. We definitely saved more with TiW than if we had purchased a DxDP.

Next Up: Where will we dine in August?

Wow, I had a lot to catch up on :rolleyes1

The french toast at CRT seems to have changed since I had it, great photos by the way :goodvibes

I wish I could have seen what the French Toast looked like before. Thanks for hanging in there for the reviews!

My son is in Army Reserves but somehow he is being deployed to Afghanistan in October. Don't understand since he is still in college. He is dying to go back to wdw and wants to see WWHP in US as well. I am giving SOG a try. Normally stay right in park but the rates were to great to not go. The ticket prices are also absolutely phenomonal. Were you able get them from your son?

My son is in the Army - stationed in Ft. Bliss, Tx. He is supposed to be deployed at the end of the year. :sad1: I don't know how they choose what battalions are deployed :confused: We have APs so we have not needed tickets throu any discounted military pricing.

I wish your son all the best! And have a great time at WDW and US. :hug:

I'm really enjoying your reviews and writing style, thanks so much for sharing your experiences! :goodvibes

Thank you! :goodvibes

CRT and Akershus are two restaurants that I haven't been to since DS 8detest the experience. :lmao: I would love to go both places some day, however, I get my craving filled by reading other Diser's reviews. ;)

It's said that your dining review's coming to end. We'll also be at WDW in Aug 25~ Sep 3.

We'll be in WDW during some of your upcoming trip! I know about getting your dining review craving satisfied here. All that delicious food to dream about! :love:

I will def be on the lookout for your reviews in August!

Enjoy your time with your son and thank him for his service:thumbsup2

Thanks! I appreciate it. :goodvibes

What a wonderful surprise!! Hope you all enjoy each others company to the max. And thank you to your son for his service, and to all of your family (including of course his wife) for the daily sacrifices you all make.

Yes! We have really enjoyed some time with my son and his wife. Unfortunately, they go back on Saturday and it will be later this year before he is deployed before we see them again. Thanks again for your kind comments. :goodvibes

I finally caught up but I don't want the reviews to end! :goodvibes I loved the pictures of the castle! The french toast does look a bit "unique". :laughing: I hope you enjoy the time with your son and daughter-in-law! :)

Ha! That was a nice way of putting it - "unique". :rotfl: Thank you for the well wishes for our time with our son. :)

Now that I've finished my dining review - what's next?? We will be in WDW in August for 12 nights so we'll have 13 days of dining to share!! :banana

Our current dining line up includes:
Day 1
Boardwalk pizza window or ?? (D)

Day 2
Cape May (B)
Tokyo Dining (L)
Cosmic Rays (D)

Day 3
No plans (B)
Wolfgang Puck Express (L) – new to us
No plans but hoping to try Big River Grille (D)

Day 4
Captain’s Grill (B)
Sci Fi (L)
Yachtsman (D) – new to us

Day 5
Kouzzina (B)
50’s PT (L)
No plans (D)

Day 6
Kona Café (B)
Tony’s Town Square (L)
Teppan Edo (D)

Day 7
The Wave (B) – we’ll give this another try
Le Cellier (L)
Grand Floridian Café (D)

Day 8
Whispering Canyon Café (B)
Liberty Tree Tavern (L)
Cali Grill (D)

Day 9
Grand Floridian Café (B)
Chefs de France (L)
‘Ohana (D)

Day 10
Boma (B)
Flame Tree BBQ (L)
Brown Derby (D)

Day 11
Crystal Palace (B)
Plaza Restaurant (L)
La Hacienda de San Angel (D)

Day 12
‘Ohana (B)
Via Napoli (L)
Citricos (D)

Day 13
CRT (B)
No plans (L)

So there you have it.... a lot to look forward to. 65 days before we leave - a little bit of time to run a few extra miles a week! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter