Taking Advan. Of Disney Promotions As A Dvc Member?

senator74

Earning My Ears
Could anyone please give me a little insight. When Disney runs promotions at certain times of the year offering free dining plans and other promotions, are DVC members able to take advantage of this? I just joined in Dec. 2006, and my assumptions are now when I book a ressie and use points, I cannot take advantage of current non-owner promotions.

I just saw a member who posted a response and their countdown indicated 3months until Free Dining at the Poly. Would they have booked that non-DVC to get free dining?

Thanks for any help and insight!

You can take advantage just like everyone else- by paying rack rate for a MYW package at least 3 nights long with at least one day park ticket at a resort with that promotion's availibility. You won't get any free dining staying on points.

Could anyone please give me a little insight. When Disney runs promotions at certain times of the year offering free dining plans and other promotions, are DVC members able to take advantage of this? I just joined in Dec. 2006, and my assumptions are now when I book a ressie and use points, I cannot take advantage of current non-owner promotions.

I just saw a member who posted a response and their countdown indicated 3months until Free Dining at the Poly. Would they have booked that non-DVC to get free dining?

Thanks for any help and insight!

Your assumptions are correct for the most part. Free Dining promotions are not available to DVC members staying on points...that promotion is tied into paying rack rates at WDW resorts. However, the Disney Dining Plan promotion is available for DVC owners to purchase same as other WDW Resort guests.

By the way, since this is your first post let me say WELCOME to the DIS Boards! :)

Lots here with more experience than I have.
You are correct on the free dining- cash ressie, rack rate, and at least a one day ticket for everyone in the room.
DVC members cannot use points and get free dining on the points ressie.

Thanks for the WARM welcome Granny!

Appreciate the answers about promotions. I am by no means feeling like I should still be "entitled" to promotions, given all the great perks of being a DVC member. It took 6 years from my first presentation at BWV to finally make the plunge, but it to me was a wise investment with 4 children between my GF and I. 7 trips since 2000 later, here I am finally a DVC member!:banana:

DVC is just a prepaid vacation plan. Any perks you get with your membership are just extras. They change all the time.

Can you give a few examples for us, please.
Thanks
Chris

We used to get discounts on length of stay tickets. AP discounts are fairly new (last two or three years). When DVC first started purchasers at OKW got free tickets with their stay. We used to pool hop to SAB all the time because it was legal. The restaurant discounts change. We used to get a discount at World of Disney.

Welcome Senator74- I didn't notice that was your 1st post!
Free dining can work to the advantage of a DVC member- if you are points conserver it is the perfect excuse to move to a value or mod for a 3 day weekend- you will save a bunch of points and eat like a king for a small chunk of change. Then you can use the mandatory 1 day ticket you bought toward the purchase of your next AP or MYW tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter