Takumi-Tei Watch Thread

OOF at that price tag. I wonder if they will offer a la carte still? Or maybe just at a later date? I'm sure they can fill up the entire place without a la carte but that would sure be a bummer. I have never had A5 wagyu and while I'm sure I'd love it, it's not something I want to spend my $$$ on, I'd rather have a cheaper omakase with more creative ingredients/presentation.

Interesting, I can't wait to see the officially official announcement. I was ready to pay 150+ for the omakase menu. If DFB is correct, I might be vegan for a day to save a few bucks 😉

It's the $250/pp and no reservations that bothers me. Like I'll have $620 for the two of us just lying around going "let's go to Takumi Tei" and hope they'll actually seat us.
This is exactly my thought too. I am still tempted to go, (I've got the funds saved up) but I want to see what the 250 omakase entails first before making that call. Hopefully reservations will be ready for January but worst case I'll enjoy a meal at Space 220. :)

It's the $250/pp and no reservations that bothers me. Like I'll have $620 for the two of us just lying around going "let's go to Takumi Tei" and hope they'll actually seat us.
Agreed. I was really looking forward to this place re-opening, as it's been #1 on my busket list of WDW dining that I have not yet been to. But we are in town for the first week of December, so it seems unlikely that reservations will start by then.

Therefore, In order to get into this place, I would need to:

1) Take money out of a couple of investments to pay for it, and

2) Cancel a different ADR, and

3) Stand in the walk-up line, hoping that there is a spot available and that I didn't waste the ADR that I had to previously cancel.

.....Ummm....hard pass for me.

The $250 price tag doesn't bother me. The no ressies is asinine. I'd rather they do a CRT style ressie..fully paid upfront...versus no ressies at all. If it's a staffing issue...then don't open til you're ready and are confident in your offerings.

Agreed. I was really looking forward to this place re-opening, as it's been #1 on my busket list of WDW dining that I have not yet been to. But we are in town for the first week of December, so it seems unlikely that reservations will start by then.

Therefore, In order to get into this place, I would need to:

1) Take money out of a couple of investments to pay for it, and

2) Cancel a different ADR, and

3) Stand in the walk-up line, hoping that there is a spot available and that I didn't waste the ADR that I had to previously cancel.

.....Ummm....hard pass for me.

I'm in that same situation. I want to eat somewhere special in Epcot, and that pretty much means either Monsieur Paul or Takumi Tei. I have my ADR for M. Paul, but that's my #2 choice. What I don't want to do is to toss that for a chance at Takumi Tei, not get in there as a walk up, and then be forced to eat at Sunshine Seasons.

I wish someone would either post, or go try is out and share- but I wish I knew what time we could get in line for walk ups- if it's park open or at like 4? What's the deal? I have a resy for MP as well, and I know I have a window to cancel it.... same with a night at Jikos- Ive been wanting to try TT FOREVER so Id happily cancel one... I just dont want to cancel and then not be able to get in! I agree, Id be happier with CRT and just pay up front =.

Oof $250… 😣
Yikes, that is pretty steep! Will have to see the menu but this is likely off the list for now (at least for me). Was excited for this but now, not so much. The last resting menu was $150 so curious how this experience will compare. Still excited to see some reviews.

That new price tag had me do a double take! Not sure if that's worth canceling an ADR that guarantees me somewhere to sit and eat during the busiest time of the year. Especially since it's walk-up only for now - that feels risky. Hopefully someone reports their experience on here once it's open!

Last edited:
That new price tag had me do a double take! Not sure if that's worth canceling an ADR that guarantees me somewhere to sit and eat during the busiest time of the year. Especially since it's walk-up only for now - that feels risky. Hopefully someone reports their experience on here once it's open!
My thoughts exactly! We're going to be in Epcot on Thanksgiving, would love to do Takumi-Tei but we won't be there anytime close to opening and I don't want to risk canceling our ADR only to find out Takumi-Tei has no capacity...

Will see if I can do some reconnaissance on the menu while there though!

If I'm reading that menu correctly, though, It's the same as it was before, right?
View attachment 719488

For comparison when they post the new menu.

You didn’t ‘choose’ a main course - you got BOTH a portion of Japanese and American Wagyu beef so you could compare. You really got lots of ‘small plates’ - including a course with Toro (omg!) (Which may still be there, it wasn’t listed specifically) A bone marrow course and pallet cleaner.
New menu has 5 varied appetizers, two separate raw fish courses, the lobster temperura, and ‘main course’ options. (Though if you don’t pick the Wagyu you’re not doing it right :p. At $35-$40 and ounce, it’s the bulk of your $250.)

Attachments

• 037F8413-34AC-410D-88AE-9746D03408B0.png
    037F8413-34AC-410D-88AE-9746D03408B0.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 7

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter