Target Circle Offer- 20% off code tripadvisor things to do. Looks like it's applying to WDW tickets? STACK ME WITH CB SITE AND PP % Chase

I understand what this says. But—
I did one transaction—my Target Circle acct, my code, my credit card (did not know about TripAdvisor acct)
My DiL did 2nd transaction —her Target Circle acct, her code my credit card.
(We never discussed her having a TripAdvisor acct)
MANY others on this thread have posted they have successfully used 2 codes and obtained discounts on 2 transactions. What did they do differently than those few of us who had their transactions cancelled?
Like I said before, I need to let this go!!
Good news above!

It might be possible to get your transactions cleared.

Update on the cancellation done, I received an email again from Trip Advisor

"Thank you for contacting Viator.
We are sorry to see that your booking was canceled.
Good news! Your details have now been verified.
We are happy to facilitate a new booking, however it is not possible to reinstate your cancelled booking."

Now that doesn't really help me with the codes we used that were wasted or the limbo we are in with Disney to see what they do with the Annual passes we upgraded to

Well this saved me several hundreds of dollars :)

I had to do three transactions to reap the full benefits, but well worth it in my opinion!

Same card, same Tripadvisor account, but had to use three Target accounts to get three codes.
Update on the cancellation done, I received an email again from Trip Advisor

"Thank you for contacting Viator.
We are happy to facilitate a new booking, however it is not possible to reinstate your cancelled booking."

Now that doesn't really help me with the codes we used that were wasted or the limbo we are in with Disney to see what they do with the Annual passes we upgraded to
So, is TripAdvisor going to let you
re-purchase the tickets at the discounted price? Have you received credit for the cancelled tickets?

Who and how did you contact someone at TtipAdvisor?
Thre was no contact information in the cancellation letter I got from them.

I have read this whole thread, and I think I’m ready to make the purchase. But, I want to make sure I am thinking about this correctly.

We need 3 adult and 3 child tickets. Total is about $3,800 for our dates.

I will need to do 3 separate transactions with 3 separate offer codes (from 3 Target Circle accounts) because of the max $250 discount. Or, should I do 4?

Then, I can combine all tickets into my own MDE to be used together?

Any disadvantage for ticket+room vs package reservations? This is how we have our current trip booked. (I’m aware I would need to change the reservation if I do the Trip Advisor deal).

I have read this whole thread, and I think I’m ready to make the purchase. But, I want to make sure I am thinking about this correctly.

I will need to do 3 separate transactions with 3 separate offer codes (from 3 Target Circle accounts) because of the max $250 discount. Or, should I do 4?

Any disadvantage for ticket+room vs package reservations? This is how we have our current trip booked. (I’m aware I would need to change the reservation if I do the Trip Advisor deal).
I know that others will know for sure, but doesn't Disney have to cancel the package deal and completely rebook as a room only since it has different terms? If that's the case, you run the risk of losing out on where you want to stay or what type of room. Just my thought.

Also, I'd still be wary of the multiple transactions unless you do every portion separately (CC, Target Circle account, etc). Even with the report of their transaction being "cleared" by Viator, I'd personally still worry. But that may just be me :D

I know that others will know for sure, but doesn't Disney have to cancel the package deal and completely rebook as a room only since it has different terms? If that's the case, you run the risk of losing out on where you want to stay or what type of room. Just my thought.

Also, I'd still be wary of the multiple transactions unless you do every portion separately (CC, Target Circle account, etc). Even with the report of their transaction being "cleared" by Viator, I'd personally still worry. But that may just be me :D
WDW can remove tickets from a package and make it a "basic package" which is essentially only a room with package terms ( $200 deposit, full payment at 30 days, change fee under 30 days, etc).

So, is TripAdvisor going to let you
re-purchase the tickets at the discounted price? Have you received credit for the cancelled tickets?

Who and how did you contact someone at TtipAdvisor?
Thre was no contact information in the cancellation letter I got from them.
I emailed them back basically those questions.

I called earlier and they me another department would be emailing me about it. I also sent a message on twitter to them and they also said someone would contact me.

my charges still say pending. 3 circle accounts all related to the ppl listed on each tix. I paid for vouchers since I’m the mom and it’s a Christmas gift. Used Paypal to purchase with chase saph attached. Rakteun experience deal. Automatically was attached since I pay for stuff via their app. Last charge was over 24 hrs ago. Im gonna think positive thoughts.

I also could only link 2 of the vouchers (4 passes) because I have too many individual tickets link to my name. So 2 vouchers have been redeemed and added to MDE and they’re in there right now 24 hours later.

I emailed them back basically those questions.

I called earlier and they me another department would be emailing me about it. I also sent a message on twitter to them and they also said someone would contact me
I have just received the following email and assume my DiL will get one, also.

Thank you for contacting Viator.

We are happy to facilitate a new booking, however it is not possible to reinstate your cancelled booking.

Please visit our Viator website, here , in order to make a new booking.

Please note that the refund may take 3-5 working days to appear on your credit card, depending on your individual bank.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Trust and Safety team
I did not contact them prior to receiving this. Only prior communication was the email this morning advising they had cancelled my order and my payment was being refunded.
Sounds to me like they will sell me a ticket, but probably will not give discount.
“Not possible to reinstate the cancelled booking”. In the morning , I may try to reach someone.
If you hear back from someone, PLEASE POST. Thanks

I do see refunds pending on my credit card for both payments I made. My order and DIL’s.

my charges still say pending. 3 circle accounts all related to the ppl listed on each tix. I paid for vouchers since I’m the mom and it’s a Christmas gift. Used Paypal to purchase with chase saph attached. Rakteun experience deal. Automatically was attached since I pay for stuff via their app. Last charge was over 24 hrs ago. Im gonna think positive thoughts.

I also could only link 2 of the vouchers (4 passes) because I have too many individual tickets link to my name. So 2 vouchers have been redeemed and added to MDE and they’re in there right now 24 hours later.
So, you have another code worth of tickets to redeem in MDE? And it will not allow it?

Regarding tickets being available for a different number of days that we need (I need 6 days, but options for my date are only 5 and 7).
If I get a 5 day, do you think Disney will add a day for me (via app, phone, chat)? I'm sure that 6th day will be at a "disney rate" instead of the sale rate. Has anyone tried this?
If not, the 7 day with coupon is still cheaper than 6 day (even with UT), so I'll probably just get that.
Thanks!!

I have tried multiple times to get a redemption code from the Target Circle offer to use with the Trip advisor site which says the code is supposed to show up in your email but I have not received any code.☹️

I’m having trouble linking my tickets in MDE. The number under the bar code says invalid when I enter it. Should I be using the very long confirmation code instead?

I’m having trouble linking my tickets in MDE. The number under the bar code says invalid when I enter it. Should I be using the very long confirmation code instead?
Not sure if Disney World is different but for Disneyland tickets the number under the barcode worked for me. I tried all numbers on the tickets before finally just scanning the barcode. For DW I used the number under the barcode.

For that who were successful in doing two separate transactions, what is the "safest" strategy?

I need 2 adult and 2 kids 5 day base for DW. My plan is:

Transaction 1: 1 adult 1 kid. My target circle, TripAdvisor account, my sapphire preferred

Transaction 2: 1 adult 1 kid. Wife's target circle, TripAdvisor as guest, my sapphire number, but under wife's name as she is authorized user.

My concerns/questions are linking the tickets to our MDE. 1 set of tickets being in my name the other being in her name. Also, If chase decides to block the transaction for potential fraud, as I've never booked through TripAdvisor before.

Also, could I use the same topcashback account for both transactions?

I have just received the following email and assume my DiL will get one, also.

Thank you for contacting Viator.

We are happy to facilitate a new booking, however it is not possible to reinstate your cancelled booking.

Please visit our Viator website, here , in order to make a new booking.

Please note that the refund may take 3-5 working days to appear on your credit card, depending on your individual bank.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Trust and Safety team
I did not contact them prior to receiving this. Only prior communication was the email this morning advising they had cancelled my order and my payment was being refunded.
Sounds to me like they will sell me a ticket, but probably will not give discount.
“Not possible to reinstate the cancelled booking”. In the morning , I may try to reach someone.
If you hear back from someone, PLEASE POST. Thanks

I do see refunds pending on my credit card for both payments I made. My order and DIL’s.
I got an email back giving me a number to call and a reference number. They said call and mention the number and the Target Circle offer and they can rebook for the discounted price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter