Target Circle Offer- 20% off code tripadvisor things to do. Looks like it's applying to WDW tickets? STACK ME WITH CB SITE AND PP % Chase

So is Viator the same as TripAdvisor? Is one better than the other? I'm still debating if I should risk splitting the transaction

Regarding tickets being available for a different number of days that we need (I need 6 days, but options for my date are only 5 and 7).
If I get a 5 day, do you think Disney will add a day for me (via app, phone, chat)? I'm sure that 6th day will be at a "disney rate" instead of the sale rate. Has anyone tried this?
If not, the 7 day with coupon is still cheaper than 6 day (even with UT), so I'll probably just get that.
Thanks!!
You can upgrade the 5-day to a 6-day, over the phone beforehand or in person. You'll pay the difference between DISNEY'S 5- and 6-day prices, but you will have the full Disney gate price 5-day amount to use, not the lower price that you paid.

I got an email back giving me a number to call and a reference number. They said call and mention the number and the Target Circle offer and they can rebook for the discounted price.
Can you share the email address used to communicate with them and/or telephone number they provided to call ?
Have you rebooked at the reduced price?
My refunds still show “pending” on credit card. Need that to clear before I buy again.

Wonder if anyone has actually USED one of these tickets? Just a little nervous now.

Another question:

If I purchase a 5-day ticket via TripAdvisor and I want to add a day, can I modify the tickets to 6-day via DISNEY?

The CM I just spoke with said NO. That I would need to modify it through TripAdvisor (which isn’t really an option since they don’t have 6-day tickets). I can’t do any ticket changes via Disney.

However, I thought I read on this thread that I can do the latter…? I’m confused, now. What if I need to change the date of the tickets?

Another question:

If I purchase a 5-day ticket via TripAdvisor and I want to add a day, can I modify the tickets to 6-day via DISNEY?

The CM I just spoke with said NO. That I would need to modify it through TripAdvisor (which isn’t really an option since they don’t have 6-day tickets). I can’t do any ticket changes via Disney.

However, I thought I read on this thread that I can do the latter…? I’m confused, now. What if I need to change the date of the tickets?

I can't answer your exact question, but I suggest you call back. A lot of times they give 2 different answers

Can you share the email address used to communicate with them and/or telephone number they provided to call ?
Have you rebooked at the reduced price?
My refunds still show “pending” on credit card. Need that to clear before I buy again.

Wonder if anyone has actually USED one of these tickets? Just a little nervous now.
reservations-experiences@tripadvisor.com & 1-866-648-5873
I have not booked again. I still have the annual passes on the Disney website so I am kind of in limbo on what to do at the moment. I am still waiting for the refund on my credit card, the purchases cleared already

Another question:

That's untrue.

Just call and don't even mention TripAdvisor. You have a linked ticket. They will upgrade it. You'll pay the difference between Disney's 5- and 6-day tickets, and will be given Disney's gate price as a credit to use towards that.

That's untrue.

Just call and don't even mention TripAdvisor. You have a linked ticket. They will upgrade it. You'll pay the difference between Disney's 5- and 6-day tickets, and will be given Disney's gate price as a credit to use towards that.
I wonder if you can downgrade? I ended up with a 7 day, but wanted 6 day. Doubt that would work, since we didn't purchase direct from WDW.

I wonder if you can downgrade? I ended up with a 7 day, but wanted 6 day. Doubt that would work, since we didn't purchase direct from WDW.
You still spent less money on a 7 day ticket than you would have on a 6 day ticket anywhere else

Since a downgrade would require a refund based on Disney prices, no, you can't. Remember, Disney only looks at THEIR upgrade price, and it's a cold day in hell when they actually give money back. There's a reason Mickey is always smiling! 🤑

Since a downgrade would require a refund based on Disney prices, no, you can't. Remember, Disney only looks at THEIR upgrade price, and it's a cold day in hell when they actually give money back. There's a reason Mickey is always smiling! 🤑
Haha, yeah and I already bought the 7 day knowing the savings, but thought any little bit might help. But agree, it's not going to happen.

If I don't need tickets for Disney or Universal, has anyone found anything else trip advisor sells tickets for? I was hoping to find escape rooms, or we have random trips to Vegas or Chicago and I can't find anything to buy tickets for.

ETA - as soon as I said this a small selection of Chicago tours appeared for me, so that's something.

That's untrue.

Not trying to be rude. But my hubby is not sure I’m getting all the right info. 😂
Can you help my understand why you say that’s untrue?

I know you’re suppose to put a date on trip advisor for when you’re going, but I was going to buy tickets (with no exact dates planned yet) so does it matter the days you choose on trip advisor or do they just send you the ticket then once it’s in MDE it’s just to be used before the expiration??

Not trying to be rude. But my hubby is not sure I’m getting all the right info. 😂
Can you help my understand why you say that’s untrue?
I can explain it to him but I can't understand it for him. 😜

Disney has always upgraded existing tickets. They use their gate price when calculating the difference. Call Disney and they'll tell you the same. Just tell them you have a ticket. They'll see it (because you've linked it in your MDE, right?) and tell you what the difference will be. If you get a bone-head CM who tells you it can't be done, hang up and call back and get someone on the line who knows what they're talking about.

You can upgrade the 5-day to a 6-day, over the phone beforehand or in person. You'll pay the difference between DISNEY'S 5- and 6-day prices, but you will have the full Disney gate price 5-day amount to use, not the lower price that you paid.
Thank you, this is very helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter