Target Red Card to buy Disney Gift Cards

The price has gone up on the gift cards at Sam's. It's now $144.99 for $150. However, I use my Discover card when they are running promos on warehouse purchases and get 5% back in rewards. I also get 2% back from Sam's Club for my purchases there. The check is doled out once a year.

I just used my Disney Chase to buy online at BJ's. I used Ebates so in addition to having the discounted cards, I got the money from Ebates as well as my rewards. Just another way to save $$ :)

This is my savings plan (currently for our cruise next year). I buy a $50 or $100 (some Targets don't have the $100) every shopping trip and then add them all to my one card that's registered online. You only have to hold on to/travel with one card, but keep that one safe because if you need anything refunded you have to have it available.

UPDATE FOR 2018.

Does anyone know if you still get 5% off a Disney gift card when using a Target red card?

when did they stop giving 5% off online? i got it last year?

Maybe I am mistaken? I know that Target recently changed a lot of policies surrounding this. Could be that you can't use Target *gift cards* to buy Disney gift cards online.

Last edited:
When I add a Disney Gift Card to my cart (while signed into my Red Card account), it does not show the 5% discount. I tried with an Apple Gift Card and the 5% discount showed up for that one (so I am signed in to my account correctly). I can still get the 5% discount when I buy Disney Gift Cards in the store, but not online.

I just bought a gift card online about two weeks ago and still got 5% off.

When I add a Disney Gift Card to my cart (while signed into my Red Card account), it does not show the 5% discount. I tried with an Apple Gift Card and the 5% discount showed up for that one (so I am signed in to my account correctly). I can still get the 5% discount when I buy Disney Gift Cards in the store, but not online.

I just bought a gift card online about two weeks ago and still got 5% off.

I wonder why the difference?

I wonder why the difference?
They must have a made a change in the past week. I placed an order on feb 22 for a $50 gc and got 5%. I tried it now and it does not work. The only one it gives a discount for is the email delivery one. Which is fine with me since i just transfer the balances to another.

So interesting...after seeing today’s posts, I just gave it a try with one $100 e-gift Disney card and one regular (shipped to home) $100 Disney Gift Card. The 5% redcard discount was only applied to the e-gift card purchase. This totally worked for me when I was paying for my DVC dues since I loaded all the cards onto one card I have at home.

It only shows once you start check out, not in your cart.
I tried with the regular card and got all the way to the confirm purchase part of the order and the 5% did not show up. So based on what others are saying, it sounds like the e-cards still get the discount, but the regular cards do not. At least seems to make sense (in that it's consistent for folks and not random between purchasers).

I tried with the regular card and got all the way to the confirm purchase part of the order and the 5% did not show up. So based on what others are saying, it sounds like the e-cards still get the discount, but the regular cards do not. At least seems to make sense (in that it's consistent for folks and not random between purchasers).
I just did it yesterday. Not sure why it didn’t work for you. I got 2 gift cards that already shipped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter